User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By clearlyconfused
  • 1 Post By xox2010
  • 1 Post By krysta lynne
  • 1 Post By Priceisright

Thread: McDonalds Ajax= Worst Customer Service...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My mother and I went into the McDonalds in Ajax this morning (Highway 2/Heritage; Across the street from the Walmart.). It was 11am and it was just starting to get pretty busy. My mother ordered her meal first, a McDouble meal (essentially a double cheeseburger) and then shortly after I ordered the same meal from different cashier.

We were surprised to see that I receieved my meal before her, but wasn't a big deal. I got all the condiments and found a seat where I waited for her. 10 minutes passed. The restaurant was now very busy but my mother was the only person who hadn't received her meal. She watched as about 10 others ordered after her and received their meal before hers.

Obviously she was confused and figuring they may have lost her order, she went up to the front counter. She asked the cashier (Who happened to be the Manager- CAROL) "Is there any reason why I haven't got my meal yet? I have been waiting for 10 minutes now". The manager replied with "It will be ready when its ready."

Interesting response. Something you might say to a nagging child but certainly not something you should be saying to a paying customer. I feel like my mother deserved exactly what she asked for, which was just an explanation as to why her food was taking longer than anyone else's. She didn't order anything unique, just a burger. In return she is not even given an apology or an expectation. This was the worst customer service I have seen in a while.

After my mom came back to me and told me this, I was shocked. My food is now getting cold as I wait for her food to come. I advised my mom to go speak with the manager again and ask for you money back. I no longer feel she should pay for her food.

My mom goes back to speak with Carol and suggests that she not have to pay for her meal (which is still not here). Carol declines the request and gives my mother her money back without any food. My mom then asks for her original receipt (which is normally sitting on your tray as you wait for your meal) but Carol could no longer find the receipt anywhere. Sounds very organized. (The receipt by the way, is how you must complete your customer satisfaction survey).

I have been to many McDonalds where, when a customer is kept waiting for an item, often the manager will be the one to insist its on the house. Its a great way to keep the customer happy. This lady is out of line treating people like this. I contacted McDonalds Head Office and now I must wait for a call back within 3 days. Still not satisfied
    This thread is currently associated with: McDonald's, Walmart
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

oh wow! thats ridiculous! I certainly hope head office has a good talk with that manager. that is defanitly not the way you treat your customers.
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

OP, went there years ago.
    So, it's still bad.
    And, they still give you attitude.
    Sheesh.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

That's crazy! That's actually happened to me before too - I waited probably 15 minutes for my mcnuggets and watched people who ordered after me get their food before I went up to the counter and asked about it. They were very apologetic about it though.
    Last edited by xox2010; Sun, Jul 1st, 2012 at 11:01 PM.
    clearlyconfused likes this.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

i don't even eat mcdonalds, but i do order their ice coffees. i insist they make them with milk and half the syrup (politely of course) and whenever they make it wrong i get it redone. usually results in a lot of huffing and puffing. (except for two cashiers that know me) its a crap job with crap pay. i dont really blame the attitude.
    daynabas likes this.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I understand it's probably a crap job lol but that's their choice- it doesn't give them entitlement to treat people poorly. It should be acknowledged and these people that act this way don't deserve to have their jobs. I don't mean to sound so dramatic but I work in retail as a manager so customer service standards are daily for me I hope this isn't something that normally happens at this location...hopefully I just caught this lady at a very bad time.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thats strange I actually really like that McDonalds. They are always quick and smiling. I walk over on my half hour break from work and I am in and out no problems nothing, they always get my order right and have never been rude to me.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

OMG If that was me I would have said to her excuse me? It should have been ready 10 minutes ago, also I am not a child, I am a customer waiting way to long for her food! I want my meal now! I would have been loud and very rude, see how quick she would have gone to find it! I would also ask for my receipt. I don't care you can not find it, FIND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! or ring in my order again, overide it, and give me another one! I would also want the number to speak with her boss!

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That happened to me as well at a different venue. When i got my money back for the food, I took the food and threw it in the garbage so they couldn't resell it to someone else.

CALL head office and complain.
    saveadollardiva likes this.

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Priceisright View Post
    That happened to me as well at a different venue. When i got my money back for the food, I took the food and threw it in the garbage so they couldn't resell it to someone else.

CALL head office and complain.
    We do NOT resell ANY food items to anyone else. That is absolutely disgusting. If someone so much as touches an item, including sealed condiments, and then no longer wants/needs it, that item goes straight into the garbage or waste bucket.

>>>Tradelist & Wishlist<<<
    |MILK|CHICKEN|ARCTIC GARDENS|CHAPMANS|EUROPES BEST|SYB PINS|OJ|

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by clearlyconfused View Post
    My mother and I went into the McDonalds in Ajax this morning (Highway 2/Heritage; Across the street from the Walmart.). It was 11am and it was just starting to get pretty busy. My mother ordered her meal first, a McDouble meal (essentially a double cheeseburger) and then shortly after I ordered the same meal from different cashier.

We were surprised to see that I receieved my meal before her, but wasn't a big deal. I got all the condiments and found a seat where I waited for her. 10 minutes passed. The restaurant was now very busy but my mother was the only person who hadn't received her meal. She watched as about 10 others ordered after her and received their meal before hers.

Obviously she was confused and figuring they may have lost her order, she went up to the front counter. She asked the cashier (Who happened to be the Manager- CAROL) "Is there any reason why I haven't got my meal yet? I have been waiting for 10 minutes now". The manager replied with "It will be ready when its ready."

Interesting response. Something you might say to a nagging child but certainly not something you should be saying to a paying customer. I feel like my mother deserved exactly what she asked for, which was just an explanation as to why her food was taking longer than anyone else's. She didn't order anything unique, just a burger. In return she is not even given an apology or an expectation. This was the worst customer service I have seen in a while.

After my mom came back to me and told me this, I was shocked. My food is now getting cold as I wait for her food to come. I advised my mom to go speak with the manager again and ask for you money back. I no longer feel she should pay for her food.

My mom goes back to speak with Carol and suggests that she not have to pay for her meal (which is still not here). Carol declines the request and gives my mother her money back without any food. My mom then asks for her original receipt (which is normally sitting on your tray as you wait for your meal) but Carol could no longer find the receipt anywhere. Sounds very organized. (The receipt by the way, is how you must complete your customer satisfaction survey).

I have been to many McDonalds where, when a customer is kept waiting for an item, often the manager will be the one to insist its on the house. Its a great way to keep the customer happy. This lady is out of line treating people like this. I contacted McDonalds Head Office and now I must wait for a call back within 3 days. Still not satisfied
    Good for you! I work at McDonald's, and I am appalled that you were treated in such a manner!! Yes, both the job and the pay are crappy, but it's no reason to be rude or have an attitude towards paying customers (except those occasional jerks who really do deserve it lol). Also, the receipt could have very easily been re-printed, so not being able to "find" it is not a valid excuse whatsoever.

I had a gentleman wait for his order for over 10 minutes yesterday (kitchen couldn't get their act together) and I refunded his whole order, had him take a seat, and then brought out his food to him, hot and fresh, AND even included an apple pie. That's how bad I felt for him having to wait that long.

I sure hope head office does something. That kind of behaviour from a crew member MIGHT be brushed off, but if it's from a manager (did her name tag say what kind of a manager she was?) then that definitely needs to be dealt with accordingly.

Please keep me updated, I really want to know what happens!

>>>Tradelist & Wishlist<<<
    |MILK|CHICKEN|ARCTIC GARDENS|CHAPMANS|EUROPES BEST|SYB PINS|OJ|

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow! Carol is pretty intense - "it will be ready when it's ready." Sounds like it's possible that someone else had gotten your moms meal, since the receipt was missing & didn't come forward or had their meal to go & didn't notice & Carol doesn't like to own up to her mistakes.

Keep us updated. Would love for McDonalds to make Carol call you or your mother.

On topic of McDonalds,

I went into one here in Toronto today, waited 10 mins (on the dot, I sent a text to my friend as soon as I got in line) in line to order & when I got to the front of the line they told me that they didn't have what I had come there to order... they were out of ranch sauce & offered BBQ instead. I would have probably waited closer to 15 mins had people not left in front of me.
    Last edited by Sir Thrift-A-Lot; Thu, Aug 30th, 2012 at 10:41 PM.

Thread Information