User Tag List

Page 13 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast
Like Tree1963Likes

Thread: In Memorium

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Divinyls singer Chrissie Amphlett dies aged 53

Chrissy Amphlett of Australian band the Divinyls, known for their hit I Touch Myself, has died aged 53.
    Husband and former Divinyls drummer Charley Drayton said the singer died after battling breast cancer and multiple sclerosis.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Allan Arbus, Major Sidney Freedman in M*A*S*H* dies aged 95

Mr. Arbus appeared in films like “Coffy” and “Crossroads” and was a TV regular during the 1970s and ’80s, appearing on “Taxi,” “Starsky & Hutch,” “Matlock” and other shows.
    But his best-known role was Major Freedman, the liberal psychiatrist who appeared in a dozen episodes of “M*A*S*H.” He treated wounds of the psyche much as Capt. Hawkeye Pierce treated surgery patients: with a never-ending string of zingers.
    I always thought he'd be a lot younger for some reason...
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

RIP - Country singer George Jones has died, 81 years old.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/26/showbi...nes/index.html

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

“He Stopped Loving Her Today,” a song about a man whose love ends only when his life does, was released in April 1980 and reached No. 1 on the country charts, beginning Mr. Jones’s resurgence. The Country Music Association named “He Stopped Loving Her Today” the song of the year, the award going to its songwriters, Bobby Braddock and Curly Purman, and the recording won the Grammy for best male country performance.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Deanna Durbin dies aged 91

Deanna Durbin, one of Hollywood's biggest box-office stars in the 1930s and early '40s, has died aged 91.
    Her son, Peter H David, made the announcement in a newsletter to her fans, saying she died "a few days ago".
    In 1947 she was the highest-paid star in the United States. But she retired from the business the following year when she was just 27.
    Durbin made her film debut in the 1936 MGM short Every Sunday, in which she appeared alongside Judy Garland.
    Born Edna Mae Durbin in Winnipeg, Canada in 1921, Durbin was nurtured and promoted by producer Joe Pasternak.
    Her first movie for the Universal studios, Three Smart Girls, was nominated for the best picture Oscar in 1937.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Jeff Hannerman, Slayer guitarist dies aged 49

Metal guitarist Jeff Hanneman, founding member of rock band Slayer, has died at the age of 49.
    A statement on the band's Facebook page said Hanneman died of liver failure in California on Thursday.
    Since 2011, Hanneman had been suffering from necrotising fasciitis, a flesh-eating disease that he is believed to have contracted from a spider bite.
    On its website, Slayer paid tribute to "Our Brother Jeff Hanneman, May He Rest In Peace (1964 - 2013)."
    The guitarist is survived by his wife Kathy, his sister and two brothers.
    "Slayer is devastated to inform that their bandmate and brother, Jeff Hanneman, passed away at about 11am this morning near his Southern California home," the statement said.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Special efforts pioneer Ray Harryhausen dies aged 92

Visual effects master Ray Harryhausen, whose stop-motion wizardry graced such films as Jason and the Argonauts and Clash of the Titans, has died aged 92.
    The American made his models by hand and painstakingly shot them frame by frame to create some of the best-known animated sequences in cinema.
    His death in London was confirmed to the BBC by a family representative.
    "Harryhausen's genius was in being able to bring his models alive," said an official statement from his foundation.
    "Whether they were prehistoric dinosaurs or mythological creatures, in Ray's hands they were no longer puppets but became instead characters in their own right."

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

May 8

Jeanne Cooper, who played matriarch Katherine Chancellor on CBS’ hit soap The Young and the Restless, has died.

She was 84.

RIP Dear Duchess.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/08/yo...ooper-is-dead/
    Last edited by Natalka; Wed, May 8th, 2013 at 04:01 PM.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    May 8

Jeanne Cooper, who played matriarch Katherine Chancellor on CBS’ hit soap The Young and the Restless, has died.

She was 84.

RIP Dear Duchess.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/08/yo...ooper-is-dead/
    Sad news about "Catherine Chancellor". She lived a nice life --to 84. RIP.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Director Bryan Forbes dies aged 86

Film director Bryan Forbes has died "following a long illness" at the age of 86, a family spokesman has said.
    Forbes' work included the original 1970s horror classic Stepford Wives and Whistle Down The Wind.
    The "giant of cinema" was married to British actress Nanette Newman and had two daughters, TV presenter Emma Forbes and journalist Sarah Standing.
    Forbes died surrounded by his family at his home in Virginia Water, Surrey, family friend Matthew D'Ancona said.
    Forbes was made a CBE in 2004 for services to the arts and to the National Youth Theatre of Great Britain.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Just heard about Jeanne Cooper passing now, the Y & R has lost a great one. R.I.P. Duchess.
    Natalka and Shwa Girl like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Before Dr.Laura and before Dr. Phil, there was psychologist, Dr. Joyce Brothers. Dr. Joyce even appeared on some situational comedies. Dr Joyce died at age 85. RIP.
    http://www.tmz.com/2013/05/13/dr-joy...ers-dies-dead/

Name:  Dr.+Joyce+Brothers.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  15.4 KB
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

RIP Dr. Joyce.
    I remember when she started coming on TV, it was such a huge deal because there just hadn't been exposure to the public before with popular psychology. She came after Ann Landers and Dear Abby, and before the big self-help movement of the 70s.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Ray Manzarek, co-founder of The Doors dies aged 74

Ray Manzarek, a founding member with The Doors whose keyboard work was a touchstone of hits like Break On Through to the Other Side and Light My Fire, has died at the age of 74 after a battle with cancer.
    The musician died at a clinic in Rosenheim, Germany, surrounded by members of his family, according to a statement issued by his publicist.
    Manzarek formed the Doors after a chance meeting in July 1965 on Venice Beach, Los Angeles, with Jim Morrison, a fellow alumni from the film school who was to become the band's vocalist.
    After they were joined by Robby Krieger on guitar and John Densmore on drums, the band released six albums, all of which were successful. After Morrison's death in 1971, the band continued on as a trio, releasing two more albums.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sat, Jun 1st, 2013 at 04:42 PM.
    Natalka likes this.

Page 13 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread Information