User Tag List

Page 16 of 93 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast
Like Tree1963Likes

Thread: In Memorium

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Eydie Gorme, a popular nightclub and television singer as a solo act and as a team with her husband, Steve Lawrence, has died. She was 84.Gorme, who also had a huge solo hit in 1963 with "Blame it on the Bossa Nova," died Saturday at Sunrise Hospital in Las Vegas following a brief, undisclosed illness, said her publicist, Howard Bragman.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...-dies/2639723/

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Faster Pussycat! actress Haji dies aged 67

The actress Haji, best known for her role in the 1965 film Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!, has died at the age of 67.
    The Canadian actress, who was born Barbarella Catton, appeared in several other Russ Meyer films including Motor Psycho and Supervixens.
    Her friend, the actress Kitten Natividad, revealed the news on her Facebook page.
    "I lost my dear friend Haji.... I Love you and miss you so so much.... RIP," she said.
    Haji was spotted by Meyer working as a dancer in a club and got her to read for a small part in his film Motor Psycho - eventually giving her the starring role.
    In an interview she admitted she told Meyer she "didn't know the first thing about acting".
    "He told me, 'Don't worry baby, just stick with me, I'll teach you everything'. So I just sort of did it, I wasn't terrific, but it was fun," she said.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Lisa Robin Kelly dies aged 43

Lisa Robin Kelly, an actress best known for her long-running role as Laurie Forman on "That '70s Show," died at the age of 43 on Wednesday.
    Kelly had been staying at a rehab facility in California when she passed away in her sleep, according to TMZ.
    Kelly's agent told the gossip site that the actress had voluntarily checked herself into treatment during the past week.
    "I spoke to her on Monday and she was hopeful and confident, looking forward to putting this part of her life behind her," Kelly's agent, Craig Wyckoff, told People. "Last night she lost the battle. Cause of death has not been issued yet and no death certificate has been issued either."

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

David Frost dead: TV personality who famously interviewed President Nixon passes away aboard Queen Elizabeth cruise ship

The 74-year-old Frost, who died of a heart attack, spent more than 50 years as a television star. 'My heart goes out to David Frost's family. He could be — and certainly was with me — both a friend and a fearsome interviewer, British Prime Minister David Cameron tweeted.

AP

David Frost with former President Nixon in 1977.

Sir David Frost, a British television icon who was best known in the States for three intense hours he spent with Richard Nixon, died Saturday of an apparent heart attack. He was 74.
    A family statement said he had been giving a speech aboard the Cunard liner the Queen Elizabeth II when he collapsed.
    British Prime Minister David Cameron, one of eight prime ministers Frost interviewed over his career, called the broadcaster “a friend and a fearsome interviewer.”
    He was the only person to have interviewed all six British prime ministers serving between 1964 and 2007 and the seven U.S. presidents in office between 1969 and 2008. Outside world affairs, his roster included Orson Welles, Muhammad Ali and Clint Eastwood.
    Frost began his British television career in comedy, working with Monty Python cast members and on the satirical review, “That Was the Week That Was.”
    He gradually began doing serious interviews and moved into U.S. television with “The David Frost Program” in 1969.
    That show was modestly successful for three years and he was hosting a syndicated reality-style show in 1977 when he outbid CBS for the most coveted interview of the decade: with disgraced former President Nixon, who had resigned in 1974 over the Watergate scandal.
    Nixon, who despised the media, had done no in-depth interviews since leaving office. Faced with mounting legal fees, however, he saw an approved interview as a way to make money and begin repairing his reputation.

Lefteris Pitarakis/AP

Frost arrives for the European premiere of 'Fire in Babylon' in London in 2011.

Frost paid him $600,000 plus 20% of the syndication profits.
    Nixon, who had had a brief relatively cordial interview with Frost in 1968, saw him as a soft interviewer through whom Nixon could make a sympathetic case.
    Eventually 28 hours and 45 minutes of conversations were edited into four 90-minute programs.
    The highlight came during an unscripted moment.
    Nixon had acknowledged mistakes, but Frost pressed him to admit wrongdoing and acknowledge abuse of power. "Unless you say it,” Frost said, “you're going to be haunted for the rest of your life.”
    "That was totally off-the-cuff," Frost later said. "That was totally ad-lib. In fact, I threw my clipboard down just to indicate that it was not prepared in any way. ... I just knew at that moment that Richard Nixon was more vulnerable than he'd ever be in his life. And I knew I had to get it right."
    After more pressing, Nixon relented. "I let the American people down and I have to carry that burden with me for the rest of my life," he said.
    The interviews were a ratings smash. The first one drew 45 million viewers, still a record for a political interview.
    David Farrell/Getty Images

Frost, who died on Saturday night, in 1968.

Critical and public consensus was that Frost asked tough questions and Nixon still sounded guilty.
    Frost was often seen on American TV after the Nixon special, but his profile gradually dropped. When he was hired in 1989 as the original anchor of “Inside Edition,” he was replaced after three weeks by Bill O’Reilly.
    He remained prominent on British TV, eventually hosting the interview show, “Breakfast With Frost,” and the light reality show, “Through the Keyhole.” In 2006 he began doing public affairs shows for Al Jazeera.
    Born in Kent, the son of a minister, he was educated at Cambridge. He moved in high political and media circles throughout his life and was linked with a number of famous women, including Diahann Carroll.
    In 1983 he married Lady Carina Fitzalan-Howard, daughter of the 17th Duke of Norfolk. He was knighted in 1993.
    He is survived by his wife and their three sons.
    Natalka, Dee09 and Shwa Girl like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I remember watching some of his interviews; he had quite the career.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, so sad..... writer Tom Clancy passed away yesterday at the age of 66.

Aside from his books (16 No. 1 New York Times bestsellers), he has co-branded three series with other writers and co-created an 18-book YA series, Net Force. Clancy has been most innovative in the field of video games, producing bookbased titles as far back as a 1987 PC version of The Hunt for Red October. In 1996, he co-founded Red Storm Entertainment, which made Clancy-branded hits Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell and was purchased by Ubisoft for an estimated $94 million in 2008. In a separate deal, Ubisoft paid Clancy about $60 million for rights to brand future games with his name.
    Last edited by Natalka; Wed, Oct 2nd, 2013 at 10:46 AM.
    trishka likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

One of my favourite authors died, and at a young age of 66. This is awful and condolences go out to his family. He contributed so much and deserves more recognition
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

sad day, he is a good author
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I couldn't believe it when i read it on tmz this afternoon.

I started getting into tom clancy novels after my grandfather died in 2003. One of my favourite authors as well.... Sad day =(

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

He was an awesome author - I've read many of his books, so has my son - plus he loves his video games.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Another star lost whose work spanned generations - I loved her work in the '70s, my son in the '90s+...

Marcia Wallace, the voice of scoffing schoolteacher Edna Krabappel on The Simpsons, whose wise-cracking characters on The Bob Newhart Show and other prime-time hits endeared her to generations of TV viewers, has died - complications from pneumonia.

Simpsons executive producer Al Jean said in a statement Saturday that her "irreplaceable character," the fourth-grade teacher who contended with Bart Simpson's constant antics, would be retired from the show. Wallace was 70.

As Carol Kester on The Bob Newhart Show

walkonby and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

RIP Lou Reed
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Another star lost whose work spanned generations - I loved her work in the '70s, my son in the '90s+...

Marcia Wallace, the voice of scoffing schoolteacher Edna Krabappel on The Simpsons, whose wise-cracking characters on The Bob Newhart Show and other prime-time hits endeared her to generations of TV viewers, has died - complications from pneumonia.

Simpsons executive producer Al Jean said in a statement Saturday that her "irreplaceable character," the fourth-grade teacher who contended with Bart Simpson's constant antics, would be retired from the show. Wallace was 70.

As Carol Kester on The Bob Newhart Show

Loved Mrs. Crabapple on the Simpsons! The show had said that there would be one less character in 2014. I am wondering if they meant Mrs. Crababble? RIP Mrs Crabapple
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    RIP Lou Reed
    or not..

News of singer Lou Reed’s death spread quickly earlier this week causing concern among fans across the world. However the October 2013 report has now been confirmed as a complete hoax and just the latest in a string of fake celebrity death reports. Thankfully, the singer best known for his hit song Walk on the Wild Side is alive and well.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Shwa Girl - no, they didn't mean her - there will be another character.

From executive producer Al Jean in a statement.

Jean addressed a storyline that was previously teased about killing off a character on the show and noted that this was not associated with Wallace.
    "Earlier we had discussed a potential storyline in which a character passed away. This was not Marcia's Edna Krabappel. Marcia's passing is unrelated and again, a terrible loss for all who had the pleasure of knowing her," Jean wrote.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ce-dies-651092

Page 16 of 93 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread Information