User Tag List

Page 49 of 93 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
Like Tree1963Likes

Thread: In Memorium

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Joe Garagiola, a Major League Baseball legend who successfully moved from the field to the broadcast booth, has died at the age of 90.

Natalka, Shwa Girl and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Garry Shandling, Star of Groundbreaking Sitcoms, Dies at 66

Mr. Shandling, who began his comedy career as a writer and went on to become one of the most successful stand-up comics of the 1980s, was best known for “The Larry Sanders Show,” a dark look at life behind the scenes of a late-night talk show. It ran on HBO from 1992 to 1998.

Mr. Shandling’s Larry Sanders was the host of a fictional show within a show, interviewing real celebrities playing themselves in segments that were virtually indistinguishable from real talk shows like “The Tonight Show.” Mr. Shandling had frequently substituted for Johnny Carson as the “Tonight Show” host. But the Sanders show was mostly concerned with what happened when the cameras were off, especially the interplay among Larry, his bumbling announcer and sidekick (Jeffrey Tambor) and his mercurial producer (Rip Torn).

“The Larry Sanders Show,” often cited as a groundbreaking precursor of shows like “Curb Your Enthusiasm” and “30 Rock,” was the second show of Mr. Shandling’s to take an unorthodox approach. The first, “It’s Garry Shandling’s Show,” seen on Showtime from 1986 to 1990, freely admitted that it was a show, with Mr. Shandling often breaking the fourth wall by speaking directly to the audience.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/25/ar...dies.html?_r=0
    redhdlois and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

redhdlois likes this.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Wow.....Garry Shandling....that was a shock.
    Natalka and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

so weird! I was watching a bit of Captain America ( Winter Soldier ) on the Movie Network today and Gary Shandlings' small part came on and I thought to myself, " hey whatever happened to him? " We always laughed at his stand up and his fake talk show. R.I.P. Gary...seems too soon for you to be gone.

I just watched this whole episode of Jerry Seinfeld's " Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee " This one was so sad thinking of course that Gary passed not long after. At the 21.06 mark THAT whole bit was terribly sad to watch now.

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee....is-still-alive
    Last edited by walkonby; Fri, Mar 25th, 2016 at 08:13 AM. Reason: added video
    GoJays likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

RIP -
    Oscar-Winning Actress Patty Duke Has Passed Away At 69

She played "identical cousins" in TV's The Patty Duke Show, which launched in 1963, and was only 16 when she won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for The Miracle Worker that same year, playing blind and deaf Helen Keller.

Patty Duke went on to enjoy a long, successful Hollywood career that spanned decades, winning three Emmys along the way, with recent work including guest-starring roles on TV series such as Glee and Hawaii Five-0.

Later in life, Duke was diagnosed with having bipolar disorder (opening up about her struggles in a 1987 memoir), and devoted much of her time to being an advocate for mental health issues.

"Anna 'Patty Duke' Pearce passed away this morning March 29, 2016 at 1:20 am," read a statement from her family. "Her cause of death was sepsis from a ruptured intestine. She was a wife, a mother, a grandmother, a friend, a mental health advocate and a cultural icon. She will be missed."

http://www.etcanada.com/blogs/etc_18...y-at-69/celebs
    walkonby and redhdlois like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

sepsis is like an infection I think right? I had that once on a very deep cut on my shin that was not healing and Dr. said good thing I got looked at when I did. Scary thing infections. Patty Duke R.I.P.
    Last edited by walkonby; Tue, Mar 29th, 2016 at 06:10 PM.
    Natalka and redhdlois like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

James Noble Dead at 94

James Noble, right, appears as Governor Gatling alongside Robert Guillaume as Benson DuBois in a 1979 episode of Benson.

James Noble, a Broadway-seasoned actor who appeared on soap operas and films like 10 and Being There, but perhaps was best known for playing the absent-minded governor to Robert Guillaume's patient head of household in the 1980s sitcom Benson, has died in Connecticut. He was 94.
    Noble died Monday at Norwalk Hospital after suffering a stroke

His Broadway credits include A Far Country, Strange Interlude, The Runner Stumbles and, most notably, 1776. He also appeared in the movie version of 1776 with Blythe Danner and John Cullum, and played Bo Derek's father in Blake Edward's hit film 10.
    Noble played Dr. Winters in the soap opera The Doctors and had roles in One Life to Live and Another World. From 1979-1986, he starred in Benson, a spin-off of Soap

Nobel's other TV credits include most of the hits of the 1970s and '80s, including Fantasy Island, Hart to Hart, Starsky and Hutch, The Love Boat and McCloud.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/james-no...dead-1.3510578
    redhdlois likes this.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

We seem to be going through another 'wave' of deaths. RIP to all the departed.

Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

R.I.P. Jean Lapierre
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Lapierre
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Mia001; Tue, Mar 29th, 2016 at 09:53 PM.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    RIP -
    Oscar-Winning Actress Patty Duke Has Passed Away At 69

She played "identical cousins" in TV's The Patty Duke Show, which launched in 1963, and was only 16 when she won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for The Miracle Worker that same year, playing blind and deaf Helen Keller.
    I was talking to Penguinette1 about Helen Keller the other day and suggested this movie..It left a great impression on me when I first saw it.

RIP.
    Mia001 and Natalka like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Ronnie Corbett: Actor and Comedian Dies at Age 85, Publicist Says
    Corbett, known as one of "The Two Ronnies," died Thursday surrounded by family including wife Anne Hart and two daughters, his publicist said. He had suffered from ill health since 2012.
    Natalka and Darth Penguin like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

redhdlois and BumbleB like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Merle Haggard, Country Legend, Dead at 79

Haggard's career spanned 38 Number One country hits, and his rough hard-edged style influenced country and rock & roll artists from Waylon Jennings and Gram Parsons to Jamey Johnson and Eric Church.

Read more for lots of interesting info on his life -

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...0160406?page=5

Page 49 of 93 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast

Thread Information