• 1 Post By Chantel
  • 3 Post By GeorgiaK
  • 2 Post By Jina
  • 1 Post By Natalka
  • 1 Post By wendyabigail

Thread: Unexpected things from kids

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

So today I was doing the dishes after dinner, DS was sitting at the table eating cherries. I was not paying attention to him, he was quiet. Then after a few seconds, I heard "maman", I turned back to find him just behind me, holding an empty dish that was left on the table, on the dish was also an empty cup. He gave them to be to wash. Then he went back to his cherries. I was like "awwwwwww".
    If I've seen him trying to grab the dish on the table (he'd had to go on it because it's a big table), I would have stopped him and get it myself. So I would have missed that moment.

A few months ago, I was going through a rough time and DS caught me crying. He came to sit on my lap and tried to wipe my tears away with his little fingers. Felt better instantly.

So what did your kids do and was totally unexpected?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    mdutka, Natalka, aussie and 3 others like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Penguinette 2 has a strange habit of doing chores without being asked. I heard her vaccing at 5 am a few weeks ago cos she didn`t want to disturb me...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Penguinette 2 has a strange habit of doing chores without being asked. I heard her vaccing at 5 am a few weeks ago cos she didn`t want to disturb me...

LOL 5am!?!??!! how old is she?
    That's great though, doing the chores without being asked!
    Darth Penguin likes this.

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Well...I went upstairs to check on my 3 year old son who was supposed to be sleeping...and discovered him covered in orange stuff! Then I walked into his room and discovered orange coloured water all over the ground! I eventually discovered that he had snuck into my bedroom (he knows he is never to go in there alone), took a pair of scissors (again, knows he is never to do this), punctured a hole in a tube of acrylic paint, and proceeded to smear it all over my dresser, all over his face, and then decided to mix it with a glass of water from his room. Definitely unexpected! lol but it turned out fine in the end, the paint thankfully came right off and he thankfully didn't injure himself with the scissors.

Trading Score
    95 (100%)

That's very interesting...lol
    I find the older my children get the more I need to childproof the house!

Quote Originally Posted by vibrantflame View Post
    Well...I went upstairs to check on my 3 year old son who was supposed to be sleeping...and discovered him covered in orange stuff! Then I walked into his room and discovered orange coloured water all over the ground! I eventually discovered that he had snuck into my bedroom (he knows he is never to go in there alone), took a pair of scissors (again, knows he is never to do this), punctured a hole in a tube of acrylic paint, and proceeded to smear it all over my dresser, all over his face, and then decided to mix it with a glass of water from his room. Definitely unexpected! lol but it turned out fine in the end, the paint thankfully came right off and he thankfully didn't injure himself with the scissors.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

umm my son at a quite young age decided he wanted a new light switch. so he grabbed Dads tool box found himself a screwdriver and changed it himself. and it worked. thats just the tip of the iceberg.. my stories would give you all grey hairs.
    Natalka likes this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jina View Post
    LOL 5am!?!??!! how old is she?
    That's great though, doing the chores without being asked!
    she's 10..and wants to be older...I just wish she'd prefer a quieter hobby....

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    she's 10..and wants to be older...I just wish she'd prefer a quieter hobby....
    My sister and I used to do that when we were kids. We'd go into the basement and clean it SPOTLESS all night long and show our parents in the morning. We'd do it mostly during the summer or winter holidays, I still remember being up at 2 am watching cartoons on treehouse and tidying the basement.

Hold tight to these efforts. Eventually she will become a teenager and wading through filth may become the norm.
    momof3heathens likes this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

My DS is 20 months old and we co-sleep. In the morning, he is an early bird and never ever ever bothers or wakes up his dad. So, he always wakes me up with a nose to nose rub and a kiss until I open my eyes and then he pokes my nose gently. Once up, he slides down from the bed and gets my eye glasses from the night stand and hands them to me ever so gently. Very very cute and puts a smile on this tired mommy's face.
    vibrantflame, Natalka and bibiee like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Today I was at RCSS and needed to go to the toilet, took DS with me. Big toilet and I though "uh oh" he's going to touch everything. So I put my bag at the door to have it play and went to do my business while keeping an eye on him (the toilet was like 3m away seriously. DS did something totally unexpected. He turned his back to me, leaned against the door and waited for me to finish. Did not touch a single thing nor walked around. He just stood there and waited and didn't want to stare at mommy doing peepee. When I was done he said "all done", then we left

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jina View Post
    So today I was doing the dishes after dinner, DS was sitting at the table eating cherries. I was not paying attention to him, he was quiet. Then after a few seconds, I heard "maman", I turned back to find him just behind me, holding an empty dish that was left on the table, on the dish was also an empty cup. He gave them to be to wash. Then he went back to his cherries. I was like "awwwwwww".
    If I've seen him trying to grab the dish on the table (he'd had to go on it because it's a big table), I would have stopped him and get it myself. So I would have missed that moment.

A few months ago, I was going through a rough time and DS caught me crying. He came to sit on my lap and tried to wipe my tears away with his little fingers. Felt better instantly.

So what did your kids do and was totally unexpected?
    That's SO very sweet of him just to help out - encourage it, and he'll continue to do it as a teen (mine did!).

Your last bit made me tear up - what a very good and big heart he has!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vibrantflame View Post
    Thanks goodness it was acrylic paint!

When my son was just a bit over two, we were living in a multi-storey townhouse, and I had gone from the upstairs down to the kitchen for something, and was but 10 minutes - he was playing in his room.
    I get back upstairs, and he's sitting in the middle of our bed in our room, with my container of nail polishes all emptied (about a dozen) - all over him (he was in a t-shirt and diaper) arms, legs, and face. I was SO scared he had tasted some, or gotten it into his eyes - ran him to the bathroom, called my mom fast to see how to get it off (didn't know if I could use nail polish remover!), and got him relatively cleaned up. He was so happy that he was 'painting', gah!
    He was just fine from the experience.
    THEN, I went back into the bedroom - and there were big smears of varied coloured nail polish all over our quilt - a beautiful handmade quilt which we had gotten for our wedding four years earlier, from one of the priests who performed the ceremony, and his wife. I was heartbroken.... tried to use the remover, but it just smeared, so I just left it to dry, tried to pick it off, but it was still stained.
    We even have a name for it - she was called "Pinky" because she was made of beautiful dusty rose floral fabric. We kept using her for years, even with the stains on it - she's threadbare now, but we still have her after almost 23 years!

Best part of it all - I had the sense, even though I was panicked - I was still laughing - to take a picture of my son in all his coloured glory while he was still sitting in the midst of everything; it's wild to have it! (our scanner isn't working, or I'd post it!)
    vibrantflame likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I took my daughter to a show at the jlc the other day. At intermission we went to the bathroom. So im doing my business and shes flushing the toilet on me every two seconds! So i put her over by the door to wait. She then opens the door so everybody sees me!! And says mummy go potty! yayy mummy!!! Was sooo embarrassed.
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

when my daughter was 2, I was driving one day and all of the sudden, she said "slow down mummy"... she repeated a couple times and said "wooh that was close"
    I wasn't speeding, but she was so cute when she trying to warn me
    Natalka likes this.

Thread Information