User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Expired Medicine in SDM

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Today Iam at SDm to buy some oinments , i pick one and pay then i check that they expired in jan 2012 i ask cashier and she said bring another one and all of them on shelf has same date then i pick another brand and then she refurnd that expired one and i have to fill form for refund for that expired medicine at the end she confirm my tel number also they are not on clearence rack , check expiry before you buy
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    hcao and Shwa Girl like this.
    For cute kids clothing check
    http://www.zulily.com/invite/sfaraz685

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Yes I found some nicorette gum I was going to buy for DH. One expired July 2011 then the next one I found expired January 2012. Was not happy since these were the only two boxes on the shelf.

Because I've been burned like this in the past I always check expirys for everything even at the grocery store.
    janetta likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I check expiry dates on EVERYTHING i buy. Even at the groceries i see milk sometimes 1-2months old.. disgusting.
    Candini likes this.
    time goes by like a shooting star ~

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Thanks OP.
    Loblaws had their brand of flax seed on sale. Expired February 2012.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

SDM is known for expired items a few month ago i went to buy some Dream Whip,the expiry date was November 2011,they had at least 10 all the same.I told the manager better check your expiry date
    SFARAZ likes this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

SDm is really bad for expired stuff.
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, that's too bad...

We've never had any problems with our SDM and expired things - I always, always check dates on everything!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have been known to give proper heck to managers when I find expired items on the shelf.

Recently I was at No Frills and found expired salad dressing.

I took the bottle with me, finished my shopping and when I got to the cashier I asked her to call the manager for me.
    When the manager came, I handed him the dressing and asked him to read me the date....which was 6 months expired.
    I then told him that he needs to have a talk with all of the people that stock the shelves and teach them the months of the year and how to do stock rotation.

There is no reason for there to be expired items on a store shelf. If stock people were doing their jobs correctly, then this would not be happening.
    Someone could have opened that dressing, ate it and got sick from it....no excuse for this happening.
    Last edited by i_forget; Sun, Jul 1st, 2012 at 03:25 AM.
    anisa, SFARAZ, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I've never seen expired items at SDM but oh man....I couldn't count the number of times I've found expired food at No Frills on my fingers and toes!!!
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

does it even really make a huge difference though using expired items? as long as theres not any mold on the bread ide probably still buy it. My daughter just finished tempra that expired september 2011 and it still worked , and didnt make her ill/
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jessep13 View Post
    does it even really make a huge difference though using expired items? as long as theres not any mold on the bread ide probably still buy it. My daughter just finished tempra that expired september 2011 and it still worked , and didnt make her ill/
    It does make significant difference if you use expired items.
    These are worth a read...

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/food/con.../1332357545633

A few highlights,

• After the expiry date, the food may not have the same nutrient content declared on the label.
    • Food should not be eaten if the expiration date has passed. They should be discarded.

http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/ResourcesForYou/SpecialFeatures/ucm252375.htm

“Once the expiration date has passed there is no guarantee that an expired medicine will be safe and effective,” says Bernstein. “If your medicine has expired, do not use it.”
    Last edited by K8's Fate; Sun, Jul 1st, 2012 at 05:08 PM. Reason: typo
    SFARAZ likes this.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I used the metro brand cake mix recently for DD birthday cake. I just picked them up not looking at the date or anything. I got home and had the cakes all made and decorated when I realized as I put the boxes onto recycle that they expired in 2009. I'm not even joking. I was so upset since I had spent over four hours on my cakes. Plus what would have happened if I had served it to my DD friends? The mix looked fine, but who knows. I ended up contactin our local Heath unit as well as metro head office. I don't know what came of the health unit, but I was happy with the resolution from Metro. When I went back to metro there where still other cake mixes with same exp date still on the shelf. Sad, however I was grateful since the manager looked at me like I was crazy when I took back the box and my receipt. I know that I would nt have had the same response from Metro Head Office had the not been other boxes still in the store. I mean I can under stand that maybe an expired item slips b for a few days or even a week or so, but two and a half years, you've got to be kidding ,e. I check all exp dates ow and I can believe how many items in stores are expired!
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by NICKER27 View Post
    I used the metro brand cake mix recently for DD birthday cake. I just picked them up not looking at the date or anything. I got home and had the cakes all made and decorated when I realized as I put the boxes onto recycle that they expired in 2009. I'm not even joking. I was so upset since I had spent over four hours on my cakes. Plus what would have happened if I had served it to my DD friends? The mix looked fine, but who knows. I ended up contactin our local Heath unit as well as metro head office. I don't know what came of the health unit, but I was happy with the resolution from Metro. When I went back to metro there where still other cake mixes with same exp date still on the shelf. Sad, however I was grateful since the manager looked at me like I was crazy when I took back the box and my receipt. I know that I would nt have had the same response from Metro Head Office had the not been other boxes still in the store. I mean I can under stand that maybe an expired item slips b for a few days or even a week or so, but two and a half years, you've got to be kidding ,e. I check all exp dates ow and I can believe how many items in stores are expired!
    I hope they refunded you your money plus gave you a cake from the bakery for the inconvenience of the entire situation.
    anisa, SFARAZ and MomOfOne79 like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I actually reveived a $60 G.C. which was about the price for two large cakes from their bakery. We have some allergies so its just safer and easier to make it myself then I konw it has not come into contact with anything that my DD cant have. I also received four free cake mixes, eggs and oil, as well as the other items required to make my icing. They also gave me $5 from their petty cash to go and re-rent the two cake pans that I used from Bulk Barn. The Mgr was very apologic, stating he had just taken over the store etc. I was mad, but happy to get back some money for my trouble. Im just so happy that I caught the exp date as I put them in the garbage. We had 16 of her JK classmates for her party and I would have felt so bad if any/all of them had become ill from the cake.
    anisa and SFARAZ like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I often find exp products at Shoppers
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information