User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Issues with Dollarama

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Been buying them for years and never had this happen to myself or my kids, but having them fall apart is another story.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Madeinchina View Post
    I recently purchased a bath sponge for my son .
    my daughter's injury is the only one tha
    I'm confused how it went from being your son to your daughter.
    In any case. I hope your child is healing well and won't have a scar.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SharonMe View Post
    I'm confused how it went from being your son to your daughter.
    In any case. I hope your child is healing well and won't have a scar.
    Maybe she bought it for her son and used it on her daughter.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow...I have no idea why I wrote son. My daughter was the one who was injured. This whole thing has scrambled my brain Thank you all again for your comments.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I have only purchase a few things there. I too was foolish enough to purchase some oven mitts for the trailer...wrong, got a bad burn on my hand the first time I used them. Of coarse, they hit the garbage. Now, the only thing I will purchase is the coin wrappers. I thnk most of the stuff they carry is made in china. I don't trust that stuff. Everytime you turn around, there is some recall for things made with toxic paint from china. No thank you.

Although I like to save money, the health of my family will always come first. I'm so sorry this happened to you son, poor guy. What a terrible thing to happen.
    The Kawarthan likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In my opinion, you really shouldn't be buying such sensitive health supplies at dollarama. We all know the products are very poorly made. When you walk out spending a dollar for a product, you really shouldn't have much expectations.

PurpleBunny89 makes a really good point. (Liked)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Words like "User error" and "only one to report" are standard replies when dealing with issues. The majority of Companies will ALWAYS blame the consumer first instead of admitting there is something wrong with their product and even if you aren't the first person to call and complain, they will NEVER admit it to you. That just gives the power to 'the little people'.
    I can't thank you all enough for your replies. I have been in contact with Dollarama and they told me it was "user error". This infuriated me. The representative told me that my daughter's injury is the only one that has been reported. Health Canada has opened up a case report but as of right now my daughter is still the only victim (hardly reassuring). Speckled...I don't suppose there is any way you would fill out a compaint? I know they would take the matter much more seriously if there was more then one individual who was affected. The form is here http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/cps-spc/advis...-ricpc-eng.php Unfortunately until there is another incident I don't think anything can or will be done. All my husband and I can do is hope that there is not a more serious laceration (I cringe to think what will happen if this product comes in contact with a childs eye- or somewhere even more sensitive). Thank you all again for your feedback. This entire ordeal has been very upsetting
    Madeinchina likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That is very true Coupongirl. I can only hope that enough people complain to Health Canada about this product so that it can be replaced or removed (preferably before another child or infant is seriously injured). My child's injuries have been called minor and this is infuriating. As any parent knows there is no such thing as a "minor" injury when harm is inflicted upon your children.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Madeinchina; Tue, Jul 24th, 2012 at 01:46 PM.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

I don't go at any Dollar store anymore. There's too many thing made with lead paint and other toxic products.
    And what's about food? If I can't understand or If I can't read the ingredients correctly, I do not touch it.
    Even 1$ for cheap scrap stuff it's too expensive for me.
    Madeinchina likes this.
    More savings and tips? Go see this site.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

i usually go to the dollar store to buy party stuff, decorations, plastic cutlery, plates, pens, envelopes
    I also love the crayola crayons and large colouring books i usually find
    i would never buy baby stuff or food items

sucks what happend to your daughter I have bought loofas from there before for my 3 year old daughter but never had any problems

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information