User Tag List

Page 16 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Knock on wood I have had great experiences so far......

I listed table&chair set,bakers rack,office chair,bathroom vanity and a toilet (the last 2 items are still in the original box, we changed our bathroom layout when we did the reno so they aren't "used"). Sofar I have sold the dining set and bakers rack and have someone setting up a time to see the office chair and sofar they have all been super nice.

Now with that in mind I NEVER show anything without DH being home(he's upstairs). I NEVER give my phone #. I just have an email account they contact me via and only pass on my addy if they are serious (sending couple of emails and they ask serious questions.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well today was the third time a woman was coming for an 8.00 leather purse i am selling for my mom -well today was the last straw she told me please hold it for me i will be there after 3.00 -so i came home early from shopping to see she wasnt here-another no show for the third time -i know when i wake up in the morning she will probably give me the same message -sorry i forgot!!!! yet a guy came and got 40 puzzles from my mom she made 10.00
    Only arrange a time when you know you will be home (so you don't waste your time or have to go home early) would be my suggestion.
    gourmetsue and Abby5 like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Kijiji is hit and miss. Freecycle isn't much better, even though the stuff is free!
    I had posted a pair of leather heels on Kijiji over a year ago for $2. They were in excellent condition, but I just wanted them out of the house. So I figured asking a ridiculously low price for them would move them quickly. I ended up with a weird guy calling me half a dozen times, insisting that his "wife" was interested. He would ask questions about my foot shape, my height, etc. Um...CREEP? It was difficult to get rid of this guy, esp as call display would show his number as private. My husband was getting concerned for my safety (thankfully, I never gave him my address).
    Anyway, I took the shoe listing off the site, and reposted many months later. This time, on the advice of family, I decided to ask a higher price. It was suggested that people might think there was something wrong with the shoes if I was asking too little. So $5 it was--and they sold super quickly! What??????? I DON'T GET IT... Works out well for me, though!
    And no creepy guy this time, either.
    gourmetsue, Abby5 and coupon girl like this.
    Jesus saves!
    SWAGBUCKS pays for so many of my housewares... http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DizzyB

So many ways to earn at Mintvine https://mintvine.com/users/register/...9d2f2fe5be93d3

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Yiikes DizzyB. That's so creepy.
    Abby5 likes this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

So, the other day I got this email from a guy about somethings I have for sale. He keeps asking me for my number!! I said I like to do this through email and meet a mutual spot. He said I was shady! What?? What a weirdo!! Delete
    gourmetsue and dizzyb like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    So, the other day I got this email from a guy about somethings I have for sale. He keeps asking me for my number!! I said I like to do this through email and meet a mutual spot. He said I was shady! What?? What a weirdo!! Delete
    It's common practice for people selling "questionable" things through kijiji (which they don't disclose it) to not give phone numbers... that way when the item breaks nearly immediately there is no way of tracking the person down aside from the email. And if you were one of those shady people the email address would not be a personal email but rather made specifically for that.

I guess it depends on what you're selling... I'd never buy an electronic on kijiji for that reason. Patio set? - yes.

(By the way, not saying you're shady - just explaining why he might say that).
    gourmetsue likes this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I am selling kids dirt bike boots and kids ice skates. I use to give my number but I had this guy keep calling and threatening me. I had to change my number-I now have an unlisted number. I also am a woman who has been attacked before-so meeting at my house scares the crap right out of me!!
    harbie likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    I am selling kids dirt bike boots and kids ice skates. I use to give my number but I had this guy keep calling and threatening me. I had to change my number-I now have an unlisted number. I also am a woman who has been attacked before-so meeting at my house scares the crap right out of me!!
    Oh trust me, I get it. It's not normal to invite complete strangers to your house for the purpose of selling them items. I was just explaining why he might have thought that was shady. But over boots/skates - not quite.

Sorry about your harassing phone calls and also being attacked. Sometimes I really wonder about the world...
    harbie, Abby5 and GoddessDigi like this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Thanks Alicia

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

i bought a new chandalier for our dinning room and since the 1 we took down was older and came with the house i listed it for free on kijiji - i had someone that lives 40 minutes away from me ask if i would deliver it to them. oh kijiji...
    gourmetsue likes this.

When life hands you lemons, make a lemon pie... lemonade will be all like WTH?!?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well sold a fall wool jacket for 8.00 to a lady today -she asked if i could bring it to her house and since we had an appointment (hubby and i ) not far from her house -i did drop it off-small amount but not out of my way
    harbie and gourmetsue like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Question---- How long should you "wait" for a reply???

Basically I have been emailing with someone that is interested in something I have for sale and the last convo was on Sat saying that the person that would be picking it up would come sometime during the week to which I replied "ok. please contact me first to set up at time". Since then nothing and I had someone else contact me regarding the same item. So I sent the first lady an email today informing her of this. So how long should I wait before moving on to the next one???

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

In the email I always give a dead line. Eg. I have another offer and I will need a a response from you Thursday, Dec.1 at 9pm or I will be going to the next in line. And I always thank them for their interest
    harbie and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Finally, I have a potentially serious buyer for the double stroller coming this morning. It would be nice to finally get this beast out of my house.

Edit: Sold this morning! Almost makes the month of sob stories and people calling me a b*tch worth it.
    Last edited by rachel1496; Wed, Nov 28th, 2012 at 10:52 AM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I haven't had too bad experience with Kijiji, but a third of the time people would ask for $10 or $20 less than the price we have agreed upon. I usually factor it in when I list my price.

People who haggle are usually after my brothers' used auto parts. I take great pictures with detail description and act like I don't need money. I don't take phone calls, there really isn't much to talk about. (I must say that it is always someone with a heavy accent who thinks he can get a lower price by talking non-sense for hours.) I schedule all the potential buyers to come over at the same time and I let them know about it. (Like an open house) It makes them all show up on time and less likely to bargain. Make them compete for you!

The secret is to act like you and your item are high value!
    gourmetsue likes this.

Page 16 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread Information