User Tag List

Page 35 of 71 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

mandolinatou
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Some people are weird on kijiji and craigslist. I stopped selling and I stopped giving items away after a few bad experiences. One of which still irritates me. I had posted a 400 dollar stoller at a very reasonable price I think 100 and the guy talked me down to 50 dollars via email because I needed to get it out to make space more than I wanted to wait on finding a buyer. I think that you can negotiate the price once, unless when you get there the item is not as described. So then he comes wastes my time inspecting it for 45 minutes and wanted to pay 40. It's a stoller..make sure it rolls, folds and its clean. I think 5 minutes is enough inspection time. I wanted to kick him in the face. I asked him to leave. He wouldn't stop calling me after. This all being said I have met one of my good friends by buying her baby stuff online. There are good people but I am not sure it is worth all the crazy people. I give everything away and shop sales. We lose money but life is easier.
    ROMEO, GoJays, Candini and 1 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@torontogal12 Pricing is dependant on your goal. My goal is to sell everything at a good deal for both parties, some buyers like just knowing someone safe and reasonable nearby like a favorite restaurant and sometimes come back and get more items. I want these buyers to be my customers over and over. My crew generates an ongoing stream of age and size related items that are no longer needed so the best I can do is to have a repeat buyer that has a crew but behind me in ages and needs my items when I am done with them. Someone else may be a one time seller and want max $$. You should align our pricing strategy with your goals. Good that you don't mind negotiating as it is part of the what make kijiji different than a store. To me I want the most people replying, and my pricing reflects that, as tjthemanto says a bit lower than average will get you the most attention. The mindset is if you get an offer, the person wants it and is willing to spend money on your item. That is the first and most important hurdle. Sometimes lowballers (not shotgunners) can be turned into buyers. My last home sales was a lowballer that my realtor worked with/on. I have only one firm listing and it is an experiment, no offers so far. I feel listing firm is risky due to the fact that someone may see you as unreasonable especially if their idea of a price is not inline with yours and it could be very close to yours. Some people think that they must get a much lower price than asking and will never offer full price. About half of my buyers don't even discuss the price with me. To me that means my pricing is good and they are serious and just want to get it done. I do everything by email and keep all unaccepted ballpark offers as I use them to get a better idea of the market and if needed I can go back and ask if their offer still stands. I also adjust my prices up and down. It can put fence sitters into the game as it turns their wait and see if it goes lower thinking on it's ear. If you really want top dollar you can always list a high price and then say negotiable but be prepared to potentially spend more time working out the deal. A high value item may be worth it but to make an extra $10, forget it. I suggest avoiding using reasonable close offer etc. as my experience is that people still came with unreasonable offers and or asked me what a reasonable offer was, which I first thought was a very inexperienced buyer not understanding that an offer is something that they are to do and or afraid to. As it turns out was a punter that made a ridiculous one after I responded that a reasonable offer is full price. I typically respond with that as I am not lowering my price just for the asking, you have to make an offer. I don't want to spend more than one email to determine if they are a punter. There is a saying in the car business goes something like this. The best deals are never offered... I am west of TO so the buyer pool is a much different demographics than say downtown TO. I also check my competition. Right now there is a seller that is selling the exact same item and size for less than I am, but they don't have actual photos and are not near me so I am not changing my price, but it is good to be aware of it especially if I get an offer on mine. If it was not the case I would have to be prepared to compete and or wait as they would likely sell first if they are a good responder, are available etc. Another thing to think about is not just price but to maximize your number of sales with the least transactions. I try to list groups of related items all at the same time and despite it being on the page some people don't think to check for your other items so all my ads have the text please see my.... Last sale was 5 items. Price is not everything, I typically sell to people I am comfortable with and I am not concerned for my safety. I don't want to waste real time which is going to the meeting place with someone that may be a no show, or re-negotiator etc. When I price something I think about what is the least expensive the buyer could get it for now and how much trouble would it be to get it and (distance, cost, shopping etc.) and how my item relates to that, not the price I paid. Hope that helps... put you to sleep for the night. LOL
    Last edited by Oingo Boingo; Tue, Dec 2nd, 2014 at 11:49 PM.
    ROMEO and torontogal12 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For sure a pain, I suggest that you either try eBay of follow some of the advice for selling like not giving your number out, meet a a location nearby, I would walk away on the buyer if he was annoying. Then you just made sure they have spent time and money for nothing. Maybe a story about how it can work in reverse will cheer you up, here goes. Back in the day I was selling my 2nd car a 10 yr old luxury car and had several interested parties that I was showing the car to on a Sat. so one guy was sniffing the oil which was just changed, scowling and trying to look to find faults but did not have a clue what to look for. Generally trying to do the "this is wrong and your car is not worth xxx routine" rather than asking me about it which by the way was in excellent shape. So up pulls a guy that wanted the car bad for his GF no price negotiation, already told me that on the phone. I was younger and bit more full of P&V and realized I had a great opportunity to give the sniffer a bit of his own so I just asked him to please come out from under the hood and when he did I shut it and drove off taking my buyer for a test drive and to boot it started to rain leaving him standing there and a good walk to his car. Never saw him again sold the car to my guy right there. He was very pleased and so was I, one day to sell, not too bad.
    Last edited by Oingo Boingo; Tue, Dec 2nd, 2014 at 11:45 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    I have never written a rant on here but today I am so mad!!!
    I am selling a beautiful double bike trailer that we paid over $560 for $180. The women has been emailing me and setting up times and canceling !! Then today she is like I don't want it!! She asked me to take down the post and everything!
    So done!
    I am also selling a kids life jacket and the women is doing the same thing! Except she keeps telling me to go to a Starbucks far away from me to meet her!!
    What is wrong with people????
    Anyway, if I did not really really need the money I would just donate everything!!!
    thanks for letting me rant!
    I just re posted everything...so fingers crossed there are some good people out there (somewhere?)
    ....And this is why I HATE kijiji,and so do many others. Has anyone g00gled kijiji scams, or kijiji scam, fraud on YouTube? Its insane, and how many complaints are out there. It is not the norm to say "Hey I Got Scammed on KIJIJI" people just are to embaressed to do this. I got Scammed once,and I tracked that F###R down,Noe he knows better! There is also a sight I stumled across,and its WWW KIJIJISUCKS CoM Very Interesting! Avoid kijiji
    ROMEO and saveadollardiva like this.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

This why I always say, try selling your stuff, through friends, family or through word of moth through people that you know. I say don't buy anything off these sites for people unless it is under $100.00 for what you are looking for.
    ROMEO likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

You can't even give stuff for FREE on Kijiji without people acting as if they are doing you a favour by taking it off you, even though its in pristine condition.

They don't reply to your emails properly , don't come on time , keep on cancelling , rescheduling etc. The amount of time & energy you waste with these time wasters is amazing. No ethics , no values & no respect for other people's time.

I will rather throw stuff in the dump then deal with these buyers or free loaders.
    ROMEO, Decaf, Candini and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I could NOT have said it better myself!!!!
    But even $100 people can get scammed,and scums use kijiji as a outlet to make a living. KIJIJI needs to do more,have sellers REGISTER so Law Enforcement knows who they are. As for Scams,any scam is a CRIME! $100 Scam x2 a day x7 x 4 in a Month= $2,800 Almost 3 k a month, so for some scums would rather do that,so I am for all Scams & Fraud to Cap these Scums of this planet thAT PREY ON HELPLESS PEOPLE! IT IS NOT RIGHT!
    ROMEO and saveadollardiva like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

To some extent I agree with you. My issues are more with sellers than buyers. I do a fair bit of both buying and selling and for the most part I weed out a a few low-ballers, the language challenged, and the email trolls, (easy to spot since they have patterns) before a real buyer will contacts me. If they don't meet me at the meeting place I use at the time that we agree on, (and I usually allow them to pick a time) without letting me know then they will not get the item. Never had a no show yet. Late, lost, can't follow simple instructions happen from time to time and the one the one that handed me less money thinking I would not count it out is the worst one I have experienced, but I still got it sold. The people that over communicate (over 10 emails) that want my cell number (ah, no) are another type that needs management but the way I look at it is, they are the customer, I want their money and if I have to respond that many times to keep them on track I will. I take much effort to describe and photograph my items no matter how low the value as I find it gets them sold and typically at my asking or near it. I usually leave a few dollars cushion for those that think they got a good deal by getting it for less than asking rather than understanding the value. I got a great snow-blower once because of a couple of these type of kijijiers let a great deal go because the seller would not come of the asking. I never thought to offer less than asking for risk of aggravating them and losing the deal. After I paid I would up spending a couple of hours there looking at some interesting items that were not for sale but we enjoyed taking about. So sometimes you meet great people. The sellers that can't a few photos, describe the item, answer emails, provide additional information (that they should have included) don't know what the value of the item, mis- categorize, falsify, manipulate search (e.g. 120km versus 120000) repost/spam never delete their sold item ads waste my time. I really wish Kijiji had a feature to hide them.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

God people are so stupid.

My post says I will negotiate on price. I told dude 3x I will negotiate on price. Every reply he sends me he whines about the price, he doesn't make an offer.

Now he emails and says "I bought one from Amazon for XX"

Well moron, you could've gotten it for a lot less if you just didn't whine about the price and actually did something about it, like answer me when I say "how much do you want to pay."

I think people actually don't want to get deals, they just want to be trolls? Or they are really super stupid
    ROMEO, GoJays and Candini like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post

I think people actually don't want to get deals, they just want to be trolls? Or they are really super stupid
    I agree. I've had numerous items on Kijiji the past few weeks and its almost not worth it dealing with some people.

I've gotten to the point that I won't bother posting if its less than $20. If it is, I'll just give it to charity.

We gave 4 full van loads to charity this year so far because I got sick of Kijiji people. Right now I have 5 ads up. The amount of stupid emails, questions, no shows is astounding.

I have a brand new in box bouncy chair that I listed for $30 OBO last weekend. It's worth $79.99 to buy right now. I have had at least 10 people say they want it and never show up. Way more people (than 10) emailed stupid questions like: "what batteries does it take?", "what weight does it do", and my favourite "Is is still available". ALL of that info is in the ad if you bothered to read it.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I don't think Kijiji is the problem personally. Sure there's creeps and idiots, etc., but that's just the population of the planet. There's no IQ or personality test requirements to access other sites, same creatures use all types of buy/selll sites/methods.
    ROMEO and Candini like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I've never had any issues with craigslist until last week. The item was fine but it was the overall transaction experience that rubbed me the wrong way.

Long Story:
    We were looking for a dresser and found one for $75. Asked if they would take $60. Nope, they are firm. OK fine. $75 is still cheaper than new.
    Person also says you need 2 people to carry the dresser. OK that's fine. DH and I go.
    We go pick up and when we get there the wife says, the dresser is upstairs. Husband from the living room yells "Shoes off!". A bit rude but whatever.
    We go check out the dresser. It is super big! yup, need 2 people. So, DH and I empty the drawers.
    I bring the drawers downstairs to the car. I leave the door open so that I don't have to close / open the door and the husband yells "Close the door!". Again, WTF? You want me to open/close the door each time?? OK whatever.
    DH and I bring down the dresser. No issues. Wife says after we bring down the dresser, wow, you guys did great. Husband and I would be yelling at each other. I'm thinking, Well, no ****z! Your husband is a douche - yells at us TWICE and sees me (female) and doesn't offer to help bring down the dresser. Just stays in the living room doing nothing.

Is it me or isn't human nature would be to offer to help? We sold a manual lawn mower last summer to an older lady and DH put it directly in her car. Just human decency to help others but not this guy. geez.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

God people are so stupid! Someoene is texting me now and asking how much it is. Read the post before you respond!
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

So this one girl emails me and tells me to message her. She has a 514 phone number but claims to be in Toronto. Wants me to take a 1 hour trip to go deliver it to her because she "doesn't know the area."

I ask her how close to me she will come and then her "BF" replies, saying she can't answer because he took his phone to work and she had been using his phone to text. Oh really? You live in Toronto and took her Montreal phone to work here? Anyway, deal didn't happen because of this moronic excuse

I'm not stupid. Do people honestly have nothing else to do?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Read.

The.

Post.

And stop asking me questions that are already answered.

Page 35 of 71 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread Information