User Tag List

Page 57 of 71 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    hey i've been looking for baby monitor on kijiji too and people are asking ridiculous prices for these. So i found a nice wifi one on amazon.ca - they have many model and i decided on this one. Will use it in the baby room then eventually to watch the fur babies LOL. I'm gonna redeem some swagbucks for amazon egift cards to buy this.
    https://www.amazon.ca/JOOAN-Wireless...5ZPYXBW2SP3A8S
    Thanks for the tip. I am going to keep this in mind if I don't find something. I would like a WIFI camera for when we are out in the country back yard and baby is asleep in the house. Can't hear her at all out there. First we have had a need after three kids. Our first two had their first years in a town home...
    macw1960 likes this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've resorted to asking for the buyer's home phone or cell phone number, and once I have it I text them the address. Best thing is, if they say they don't have a smartphone, most home phones will read out the text to them for free so they have no excuse. I often include "No holds. First come, first serve." That usually gets them to my place sooner than later. For those who don't show up at all, they get their numbers submitted for telemarketer calls.
    macw1960 and Davetherave like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've had ty experiences a handful of times. Never a good feeling, so I always get a number and I choose the location most convenient for me

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The guy who messaged me 6 times asked if I would take $50 for the $75 item and I said I just put the ad up and am the lowest price so no not yet sorry. He said "I was hoping for $50" and never messaged me again. THANKS FOR THE URGENCY BUDDY.

A guy messaged me on Sunday asking if I would take $35 for the $100 (already about 1/3 of retail price) air conditioner I had up for sale. UMM, NO? That's just insulting. It's not the middle of December. We've already hit 30 degrees this month. I'm pretty sure when people are sweating their danglers off that I can sell it for $100. He then offers me $50 and I didn't bother to respond.

And another (funny, not so bad) kijidiot: I posted a steam cleaner for sale and someone messaged me asking if it's a heated cleaner. Yes, honey, steam has to be hot to be steam. Otherwise it would be a mist.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    And another (funny, not so bad) kijidiot: I posted a steam cleaner for sale and someone messaged me asking if it's a heated cleaner. Yes, honey, steam has to be hot to be steam. Otherwise it would be a mist.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I had one person miss picking 3 times but kept in communication so I kept rescheduling. Said they would come Sunday, left the items out until about 9 or 9:30 when I went to bed. See a message when I get up from 3 am saying they left the money outside and will be back later in the week to pick up the item since they were not left out.

It was a nice gesture since this would have been the 4th no show expect that I am out of town this week. So now I have a family member who keeps putting the item out and taking them back in. Almost wish they had not left the money so i could just move on.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

People are so beyond rude. A woman messages me at the crack of dawn and says she wants to buy a table and chairs I have for sale for her kid who is moving TODAY. I respond back that I am available at 6 pm tonight, she asks if I'm available any earlier. I said I could change my schedule for 3 pm. She says that's great, definitely 100% wants this table.

So she just messages me back 2 hours before she's supposed to come and says thanks but we found another table. I JUST hauled it all out of storage for her. I hate people so much, that is so incredibly rude. If you couldn't wait until 3 pm, then say no thank you. Don't make me waste my time rearranging the garage to get something out for you just to turn around and find something else.

Maybe decide what you need BEFORE your moving day?? UGH.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada...KQm?li=AAggNb9

Guilty verdict finally after 3 years.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Kijiji had lot of scammers and time wasters.

But now even murders and lots of robberies taking place.
    macw1960, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Well I had a different issue last night, I've had something on kijiji for almost 2 months, extremely cheap, many people messaging to come get it but no one ever actually showed. Finally had someone message for it and ask my address and when they could get it. I said I'd be home all night, but never expected them to come.

A few mins after that, I headed out for about 20 mins for a few errands, I came home to about 10 emails with, "Where are you? What's your buzzer? What apartment are you? We're waiting for you outside". I was floored, they never said they were on their way. They did eventually come back and gave me the third degree about not checking my email even though they never said they were coming.
    With how many people do no-shows I never fully expect people to come unless they message me with "I'm on my way." And even then, sometimes they no-show.
    >.<

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

what's with the replies you get that say "Is this still available?" I just take this as spam and don't bother replying as I wouldn't keep the ad up if it wasn't still available.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

^^^^ Sadly you'd be surprised at the # of ads for items sold that people never bother deleting. It's annoying as all heck to respond to the "is it still available?" inquires but some of them do result in sales.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

i find it very odd when a buyer said he/she really wants your item then failed to show up several times. Guess they didn't reallyyyy want it.
    macw1960 and toronto166 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I wish people would read the ad:
    Ad says: Blue Ikea Shelves - Question: Are these purple?
    Ad Says: Birch Colour Shelves - Question: Are these white and if not do you have white available
    Ad says: XXL Black Hulter Top fits tight more like XL - Question: Is this a lose fit that would fit a 3X

Or I love people who message after someone else wants the item, one person asked me on the weekend for a item but offered a 1/4 of the price which I said was too low. On the site I use I can see they read it days ago so I moved on we only have to wait 24 hours as per rules to move on. Now the item is marked as reserved for pick up this week and they come back to me today saying they won't go higher at this time but will keep in mind for later. Um I have already moved on, it has been 3 days.
    macw1960 and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupongirl99 View Post
    ^^^^ Sadly you'd be surprised at the # of ads for items sold that people never bother deleting. It's annoying as all heck to respond to the "is it still available?" inquires but some of them do result in sales.
    Maybe it's just my experience but if someone asks "is it still available?" 99% of the time will never hear back from them. It's the people that ask "Is it still available and where are you located or when can I pick it up if it is" that end in sales.
    sweetmomma and macw1960 like this.

Page 57 of 71 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast

Thread Information