User Tag List

Page 148 of 193 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 146 147 148 149 150 158 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2885
Like Tree7764Likes

Thread: First World Problems: post yours!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Did you need tomato juice or not?
    As someone who has had several dog/skunk encounters, tomato juice is an old wives tale. A mixture of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and Dawn liquid soap works best.
    Just call me Wolfie

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I got rid of hanging bird feeder due to the squirrels and bought a window feeder that has suction cups. It worked great all summer as I was able to see the birds from my kitchen window. This past week a black squirrel has found a way of jumping and landing directly into this feeder. Not sure what to do now.....grrrrr. Any suggestions?
    Newfiescreech, ROMEO, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I got rid of hanging bird feeder due to the squirrels and bought a window feeder that has suction cups. It worked great all summer as I was able to see the birds from my kitchen window. This past week a black squirrel has found a way of jumping and landing directly into this feeder. Not sure what to do now.....grrrrr. Any suggestions?
    Might be time to apply a light coat of cooking oil to the top of the feeder and see squirrel skid. Or find some self-fastening loop (rough side) adhesive dots to make squirrels paws go ouch. You may find them in dollar stores or fabric stores in the notions area. Your intention is to make squirrel's pads not sticky enough to want to land there again. One slip ought to convince the creature to move along.

My rants:
    Laptop spacebar sometimes won't work and my sentences are runon without spaces.

The wind blowing all the leaves today and yesterday. I want a vacuum truck like the one Martha Stewart's garden crew use to move the leaves away (as posted on her blog). It was genius that I mulched some leaves on Monday-pity I did not have some leftover gas to mow over the remaining drier leaves and save myself raking time today and yesterday. Time to reach for a Tylenol pain reliever sample to deal with the backache.
    Last edited by Ciel; Fri, Nov 11th, 2016 at 09:36 PM.
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and GoJays like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

The spacing issue has to do with the forum, Ciel, not with your computer. I've only noticed it happening when you quote a post to reply. It's annoying and I've stopped quoting posts until they get it figured out.

My complaint is with people who borrow the DVDs from the library and then scratch the ever lovin' hell out of them. No, no one else wants to see the movie after you, go ahead and destroy it. It doesn't belong to you, it doesn't matter. Asshole.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post

My complaint is with people who borrow the DVDs from the library and then scratch the ever lovin' hell out of them. No, no one else wants to see the movie after you, go ahead and destroy it. It doesn't belong to you, it doesn't matter. Asshole.
    or they are covered with dirty finger prints and gunk! when i used to borrow from the library i would have to clean most the disks i would get (i kept a cloth by the dvd player for just that reason)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I have a microfibre cloth on standby for DVDs plus usually get a bit of rubbing alcohol to deal with the worse fingerprints on the disc.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

cursing my physio therapist gal who forces me to reach for the stars in my stretches. AND she watches me like a hawk! Aw...just kidding...I love them all at the clinic, they have helped both DH and I so much to recover from pain and injuries over time.
    Newfiescreech and barbis9 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Yesterday, I went to WM to redeem the Hasbro toy coupons. The coupons say that there is a $10 value (including tax) that will be reimbursed to the store. I tried to purchase items that were $9.94. Cashier (a CS Manager) said it had to be over $10 and I couldn't have a gift receipt because I wasn't spending actual money. She said she could do it but the gift receipt would show $0. She told me to find items over $10 and they had a meeting concerning that particular coupon this morning.

I came back to the self-checkout, but found they couldn't do gift receipts.

I went through the express checkout on the third try and got a cashier who told me that I needed to buy Kelloggs cereal if I wanted to use the coupon. I told her I got the coupon *because* I bought the cereal. Sigh. She went to check the coupon with a manager. The store manager replied that I could purchase any toy that was under $10, but not one penny over. Arrrggghhh!!!

By this time I had already been in the store for well over an hour just waiting in three different lines, speaking to two different managers, all to leave all my purchases because I was now late for work. The cashier gave me a tip to return to the store after the current floor manager had left as she couldn't do anything other than what she was instructed to do.

Honestly, I'm not sure I could be any more annoyed by Walmart. If I go back, the stress and aggravation will likely bring on labour pains....

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Black Friday... to shop or not to shop, that is the question.

A little bird told me of free gift cards being handed out, not sure if I want to be up and at em' before 8am for a store.

Tbh, I`ll probably end up sitting on my laptop with a coffee and my credit card all puffy eyed as usual.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post

A little bird told me of free gift cards being handed out, not sure if I want to be up and at em' before 8am for a store.

Tbh, I`ll probably end up sitting on my laptop with a coffee and my credit card all puffy eyed as usual.
    Trade you.....I have to work Black Friday and my credit card doesn't quite hate me yet.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Now you should contact head office and say "I tried the following as an experiment and got a different answer each time." See what they say. At the very least it might (hopefully) provoke better training and a clearer set of rules - especially for your specific store because clearly they need it!
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Yesterday, I went to WM to redeem the Hasbro toy coupons. The coupons say that there is a $10 value (including tax) that will be reimbursed to the store. I tried to purchase items that were $9.94. Cashier (a CS Manager) said it had to be over $10 and I couldn't have a gift receipt because I wasn't spending actual money. She said she could do it but the gift receipt would show $0. She told me to find items over $10 and they had a meeting concerning that particular coupon this morning.

I came back to the self-checkout, but found they couldn't do gift receipts.

I went through the express checkout on the third try and got a cashier who told me that I needed to buy Kelloggs cereal if I wanted to use the coupon. I told her I got the coupon *because* I bought the cereal. Sigh. She went to check the coupon with a manager. The store manager replied that I could purchase any toy that was under $10, but not one penny over. Arrrggghhh!!!

By this time I had already been in the store for well over an hour just waiting in three different lines, speaking to two different managers, all to leave all my purchases because I was now late for work. The cashier gave me a tip to return to the store after the current floor manager had left as she couldn't do anything other than what she was instructed to do.

Honestly, I'm not sure I could be any more annoyed by Walmart. If I go back, the stress and aggravation will likely bring on labour pains....
    barbis9, dededi and Davetherave like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post

Have the same dilemma, I want to go out early (Walmart for the baking trays and Sportchek I was told it was no tax between 8-10am) the problem is that I have no car, so I have to try to bus all around town and hope I get the deals I want, but the even bigger issue is a nasty 8-11 am lecture that I have that's getting in the way. I really need to go to it, but these deals are some that I will never get again , so I still haven't made up my mind yet
    barbis9, Lyssia510 and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

^ You`re right! School can always wait. Go do your early morning shopping. Take an Uber!
    Lyssia510, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Ok this black friday stuff is driving me bonkers....pre-black friday, black friday and than post black friday followed by pre-cyber Monday, than cyber Monday, etc.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Have the same dilemma, I want to go out early (Walmart for the baking trays and Sportchek I was told it was no tax between 8-10am) the problem is that I have no car, so I have to try to bus all around town and hope I get the deals I want, but the even bigger issue is a nasty 8-11 am lecture that I have that's getting in the way. I really need to go to it, but these deals are some that I will never get again , so I still haven't made up my mind yet
    Can you pay ahead and pick up later at the store with Walmart? Good luck tomorrow!
    Davetherave likes this.

Page 148 of 193 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 146 147 148 149 150 158 ... LastLast

Thread Information