User Tag List

Page 180 of 193 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170 178 179 180 181 182 190 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 2885
Like Tree7764Likes

Thread: First World Problems: post yours!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

For all the ranting about wood that did not get taken to the dump, yesterday last year's wood moved to a new home. Someone wanted the wood (person has outdoor fire pit) that was cut yesterday from one tree and brother told that person about the other wood. Months of asking for the stuff to go and it took someone else to get the job done. Now I am hoping the second tree that needs to come down doesn't hurry along. Don't want to count how many months it might take to leave the property after a fall, cutting and so on.
    signeda likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday, I discovered why the last laptop Bios update I seemingly had downloaded 4 x in past 4 weeks did not take. I had to be tethered to the router and power cord to get Bios to finish installing. I tried on wi-fi in public to get the update to take but around the 30% installation level, the blue screen would go dark then send me back to my desktop. I also used to see a certain pop-up show after I accepted my laptop's permissions and terms.

Lesson-if your laptop does not have a cable port, buy that RJ-45 adapter and see where you can physically connect to a router. I had no idea that some updates require the laptop to be setup as such. Other Bios updates worked fine over wi-fi.

I'm sure that if I am able to buy a printer next month, I am going to learn more setup/update lessons with that device.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I feel silly even griping about this while so many are in hospital battling the virus.
    It's our fridge. A behemoth of a unit....works well and all BUT.....why do the manufacturers insist on making all the inside parts PLASTIC!!?
    Hard unforgivable, easily cracked plastic.

It is the shelf above where the veggie/fruit bins go . They slide into the rails above still. The shelf is a frame with 2 beautiful glass inserts. The frame cracked dead centre in the front within a year of getting the stupid fridge, so although the bins do slide in still, there is a droop to the entire unit.

Over time I've Mcguyvered ( with clear tape ) the line where the thin crack was to prevent if from cracking more, but like my heart when I was 17 and thought I was in love it eventually broke in two. ugh!

So my first world issue is trying to order a new part.
    To replace the shelf ( without the glass inserts it runs anywhere from $150.00 - $250.00 ) but for the life of me I cannot get the exact " model number " which is printed right inside my fridge to come up.
    They all look close to what I need in the pictures, but who wants to chance ordering the wrong part?

I better grab the tape again and make another repair!
    ROMEO, Silk, GoJays and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    The frame cracked dead centre in the front within a year of getting the stupid fridge, so although the bins do slide in still, there is a droop to the entire unit.
    What about warranty on the fridge, since it's hasn't been a year since you got it?
    Last edited by CheriLyn; Sat, Jun 20th, 2020 at 12:33 PM.
    Silk, francine1985, GoJays and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I really miss being able to just hop in the car and go wherever I feel like going without having to factor in lineups, time of day, how busy the store will be, etc etc etc. First world problem supreme.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

GO jays -I feel the same way (hubby and I share a car) but I use to go to 3 different stores or 4 in one day (not anymore ).I misss ss hopping in a car and just going .I second that thought.
    JadeAngel and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    I really miss being able to just hop in the car and go wherever I feel like going without having to factor in lineups, time of day, how busy the store will be, etc etc etc. First world problem supreme.
    i agree with you.. i miss being able to just walk into a clothing store... not having to wait in a line for a half hour to get into the store because they only allow 12 people in at a time... i stopped going to costco because on average it was 45+ minute line to get in (though i'll admit it has gotten better since they have shifted into another "stage" )... i miss being able to go swimming.. just the fact that i am unable to go and do laps in the pool.. and might not be able to until next year!
    ROMEO, JadeAngel and coupon girl like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Just turned on my laptop in a long while. Forgot how old and slow it is. Contemplating on getting a new one but also feel too lazy to do research on laptops right now.
    Also, why are almost all "on sale" laptops chromebooks? Not a fan... IMO if I wanted to do stuff via cloud storage, I have my phone/ipad/tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    I miss going to the store in the morning and not having to line up.
    Last edited by CheriLyn; Mon, Jun 22nd, 2020 at 09:34 PM.
    Tweets77 likes this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I feel silly even griping about this while so many are in hospital battling the virus.
    It's our fridge. A behemoth of a unit....works well and all BUT.....why do the manufacturers insist on making all the inside parts PLASTIC!!?
    Hard unforgivable, easily cracked plastic.

It is the shelf above where the veggie/fruit bins go . They slide into the rails above still. The shelf is a frame with 2 beautiful glass inserts. The frame cracked dead centre in the front within a year of getting the stupid fridge, so although the bins do slide in still, there is a droop to the entire unit.

Over time I've Mcguyvered ( with clear tape ) the line where the thin crack was to prevent if from cracking more, but like my heart when I was 17 and thought I was in love it eventually broke in two. ugh!

So my first world issue is trying to order a new part.
    To replace the shelf ( without the glass inserts it runs anywhere from $150.00 - $250.00 ) but for the life of me I cannot get the exact " model number " which is printed right inside my fridge to come up.
    They all look close to what I need in the pictures, but who wants to chance ordering the wrong part?

I better grab the tape again and make another repair!
    Quote Originally Posted by CheriLyn View Post
    What about warranty on the fridge, since it's hasn't been a year since you got it?
    @walkonby , I agree with CheriLyn - check out the warranty. And for something as pricey as a fridge, i would think the warranty is more like 2-3 years. Also, did you pay by credit card? If so, most credit cards included extended warranty. So after the first year (or 2nd or 3rd depending on the original warranty) the credit card gives 1 additional year warranty. That's usually the way it works but YMMV depending on the credit card.
    ROMEO, walkonby, GoodBoy and 1 others like this.
    Have a great life!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

thanks guys! @CheriLyn and @Silk
    I should have made my post more clear. This fridge is about 10 or more years old now. The warranty is no longer an option.
    The damage did occur early on but I did not act on it as I should have, I just remained ticked off and have basically accepted that this planned obsolescence in appliances is a reality.
    Almost nothing is built to last anymore.
    Silk, coupon girl and CheriLyn like this.

babies teach us acceptance

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I understand your pain. My fridge did the same thing in the first little bit of owning it, but on mine the little nubs that hold the fridge shelves to the door cracked and has had to be rigged up since then. It is, of course a plastic piece and at the time I guess I didn't think about the years of re-taping and crafting it would take to effectively hold assorted jars of three-year old mustards and jams.
    thanks guys! @CheriLyn and @Silk
    I should have made my post more clear. This fridge is about 10 or more years old now. The warranty is no longer an option.
    The damage did occur early on but I did not act on it as I should have, I just remained ticked off and have basically accepted that this planned obsolescence in appliances is a reality.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Maxi is no tax week.

DD found a pan that scanned at $14.98 and the shelf price was $14.97, SCOP
    We told the cashier that it scanned wrong, the price is $14.97 not $14.98. He was like, it won't make a difference, it's only a penny. We told him about SCOP (he was supposed to reduce the price to sale price and then take $10 off.) We even pointed to the SCOP sign above his station. He reads it and then calls a supervisor over. We told the whole story to the supervisor and she says, we don't do this here. Like, excuse me, this is the law, you have signs posted at every station. So she goes to the inner office and a manager came out. You could tell that she really didn't want to take $10 off but did it because she had no choice. I'm sure she did it like a favour, you know what I mean, I'm only doing it for you this one time type of thing.

So DD got a pan for $4.97 tax free.

We don't do this here, LOL. I wonder how many customers overpaid and were refused SCOP?
    Last edited by couponmummy; Tue, Jun 23rd, 2020 at 10:45 PM.
    ROMEO, Silk, JadeAngel and 5 others like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

The sad reality. 😞

@couponmummy
    😂😂😂 I love how the say to your face that they don't have such a thing at the branch when they literally have the code pasted at their cashier station. Did the piece of paper just appear out from nowhere?
    I feel like 75% (just my vague estimate&#128517 of consumers probably don't even know the is such thing as SCOP. I don't know how many times at peak hours I been to the store and seen the cashier call in a price check on the pa because the product scans higher than what the customer saw on the price tag. I usually just see them correct it to the lower price tag and the customer is happy with that. They get away with it a lot just by feigning ignorance.

Also, does SCOP also apply to items scanning lower than price tag? I.e. Items go on sale but they haven't changed the sale tags yet?
    Last edited by CheriLyn; Tue, Jun 23rd, 2020 at 11:33 PM.
    walkonby and couponmummy like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CheriLyn View Post
    Also, does SCOP also apply to items scanning lower than price tag? I.e. Items go on sale but they haven't changed the sale tags yet?
    @CheriLyn No, because you already got a better deal.

Whether the store has SCOP signs or not, SCOP is the law in Quebec. They could face huge fines if reported. SCOP does not apply if price tags are on the items like at Dollarama.

While we were arguing about our own SCOP, there was a guy arguing about the price of a can of tuna at the next station. The cashier told him that there are different prices for tuna.
    ROMEO, Silk, JadeAngel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    SCOP is the law in Quebec.
    Thanks for pointing out this was in Quebec... I almost commented above to say that SCOP isnt actually law (except Quebec)

Carry on.
    couponmummy, GoodBoy and CheriLyn like this.

Page 180 of 193 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170 178 179 180 181 182 190 ... LastLast

Thread Information