User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: Wow... you have a big baby... (WTF?!?)

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shmeelady View Post
    I am so freaking tired of people telling me this because they are for some reason amazed at how 'big' my child is.

DS is 16 months, 36 inches and 29lbs.

YES he is bigger but it's not like he's a huge mass of fat. Seriously I get really offended and annoyed when random people are like "how old is he?", "WOW he's a big boy", "He must like to eat."

What topped it off was yesterday I was at Walmart and this cashier didn't know when to shut her mouth, I honestly wanted to slap her.

Cashier "he's so cute!, how old?"
    Me "thanks! 16 months."
    Cashier "wow! Really?! He's huge!"
    Me while rollling eyes "Yeep, he's a big boy"
    Cashier "he must love his sweets"
    Me raising my eyebrows....
    Cashier, grabs my sons leg and is pinching it while saying "mommy must feed you lots of sweets, and I bet you love them"

So at this point I pushed the cart away where she couldn't touch him. She smiled and kept trying to make small talk, I didn't want to say anything but SERIOUSLY?!?!? One, shut your mouth and two don't touch my child. Just because my son is healthy don't assume that I stuff his face full of sweets, on the contrary we don't eat sweets. He get's a juicebox maybe twice a week, he doesn't get cookies or puddings of jello's. Yes my friends may consider me the "mean" mom but why does a kid need that extra crap?! He loves veggies and fruits, he even eats tofu and veggie meats.

End Rant.
    Sorry but I just cannot believe the audacity of some people!!!
    I HATE it when ppl touch my kids!!! I have physically removed hands and arms from the stroller and people usually are quick to hi tail it when I sternly tell them, 'Don't touch him/her!' (I have a boy and a girl so angry words vary depending on who is getting touched). As a mom I would NEVER touch someone else's baby or kid unless they asked me outright to hold him/her and even then I am wary of it.

Your son is in a healthy range percentile wise. I always had the opposite problem. DD is nearly 30 months and just hit 24 pounds so I always used to get those people trying to tell me I wasn't feeding her enough (when she was younger like still being breastfed/formula fed).

There will always be nosy people trying to assume they know your kids better than you! I think as moms we learn fast how to sensor what we hear (for the most part lol)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    MommyMelanie2007 likes this.
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Trading Score
    171 (100%)

I had an older lady (who told me herself she considers herself to be on the "critical" side, recently tell me that my 11 month old son would have made a beautiful girl. I was stunned silent, and anyone who knows me knows I am rarely lost for words. I politely told her he is a beautiful boy just the way God wanted him and that's all that matters. She then proceeded to also point out he looked "well-fed". Like.....good grief! My baby looks like he gets food and you talk to me like I'm a bad mother for giving him his basic needs? I told her he loves his baby cereal and fruit and yogurt and is perfectly healthy and happy just the way he is. I wanted to say more but I wasn't about to stoop to her level. She can be snotty somewhere else as far as I'm concerned.

People alwayyyys have an opinion, as parents we just have to decide whose opinions count and leave all the rest in the trash. It can just be hard when people's opinions always seem to be about touchy subjects....like parenting skills, our kids, our jobs, our housekeeping, etc. Sometimes people just need to be reminded to mind their own business.....and sometimes in more words than that lol
    MommyMelanie2007 likes this.

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shmeelady View Post
    I am so freaking tired of people telling me this because they are for some reason amazed at how 'big' my child is.

DS is 16 months, 36 inches and 29lbs.

YES he is bigger but it's not like he's a huge mass of fat. Seriously I get really offended and annoyed when random people are like "how old is he?", "WOW he's a big boy", "He must like to eat."

What topped it off was yesterday I was at Walmart and this cashier didn't know when to shut her mouth, I honestly wanted to slap her.

Cashier "he's so cute!, how old?"
    Me "thanks! 16 months."
    Cashier "wow! Really?! He's huge!"
    Me while rollling eyes "Yeep, he's a big boy"
    Cashier "he must love his sweets"
    Me raising my eyebrows....
    Cashier, grabs my sons leg and is pinching it while saying "mommy must feed you lots of sweets, and I bet you love them"

So at this point I pushed the cart away where she couldn't touch him. She smiled and kept trying to make small talk, I didn't want to say anything but SERIOUSLY?!?!? One, shut your mouth and two don't touch my child. Just because my son is healthy don't assume that I stuff his face full of sweets, on the contrary we don't eat sweets. He get's a juicebox maybe twice a week, he doesn't get cookies or puddings of jello's. Yes my friends may consider me the "mean" mom but why does a kid need that extra crap?! He loves veggies and fruits, he even eats tofu and veggie meats.

End Rant.
    Sorry but I just cannot believe the audacity of some people!!!
    I've always had the opposite problem... my son is 5 and weighs a whopping 35lbs... he's been small since the day he was born, and people have always commented on it or asked me "don't you feed the poor child?" NO, I starve my freaking child!

Some people just don't know when to keep their mouth shut!

>>>Tradelist & Wishlist<<<
    |MILK|CHICKEN|ARCTIC GARDENS|CHAPMANS|EUROPES BEST|SYB PINS|OJ|

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information