User Tag List

Like Tree12Likes
  • 6 Post By Natalka
  • 3 Post By RebeccaRYoung
  • 1 Post By MillieH
  • 2 Post By angel_2011

Thread: Another Horrible Walmart Experience. What happens when you make a SCOP complaint?

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

And yes this is the same location in Regina where I had my last horrible WM experience.
    Last Monday I went there to buy seasons 2-5 of Desperate Housewives because they were $15 there.
    They all scanned at $19.83 so I asked for SCOP. The cashier didn't speak any english so she called a CSM who like the last one would just whisper to her & not even look at me which I'm getting really sick of so I made him acknowledge me. He pointed to the sign & said SCOP only applies to an item that doesn't have a sticker so I still had to pay $15 each. I know for a fact that's not how it works & I also know our WM's signs don't have that wording. Then he tells me my total which didn't seem right, prints the item slip which is just a mess so I made him void it & ring everything in again. Somehow the 2nd total was 45c less. Don't know what they did the first time that it was off 45c. And before you ask why I still bought these DVD's you should go watch this show, you will understand lol.
    So I get home & look at my reciept & see I was charged $19.83 for the one DVD that didn't have a sticker! That was his arguement why he wouldn't honour SCOP because they had stickers then they one without he doesn't even give me shelf price!
    So I pulled out my reciept for season 1 that I had bought the week before & saw I also got overcharged on that one!
    The next morning I called WM head office & spoke to a nice lady who also argued with me about how SCOP works. Didn't seem to care that even if she was right I was still was overcharged on 2 DVDs. She said she would forward my complaint to the store manager who I think called & woke me up at 8:30 this morning but didn't leave a message.
    Thursday my call to the SCOP people was returned & they said they will investigate & file a complaint on my behalf. Anyone know what I should expect now?
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Honestly, if you don't want to continue with the aggro just stop shopping there - it's not worth the 'savings' if you keep getting peeved... It would be well worth the few dollars saved to go elsewhere.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I do my shopping at the Rochdale or Vic East Walmart's now. The only reason I went to this one was because they had the DVD's for $15. Otherwise I had to order them off Amazon for more money & wait.
    I can't stand this location. They're dirty & unstocked, the staff is rude, the customers are gross & they only accept coupons if you're a man.
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Honestly, if you don't want to continue with the aggro just stop shopping there - it's not worth the 'savings' if you keep getting peeved... It would be well worth the few dollars saved to go elsewhere.

I totally agree. If you get this upset all the time and have this many problems it doesn't seem like you're saving anything. You could also try going to a different checkout, or just not buying anything if they make this type of mistake.

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/e...eng/01262.html

Key Features of the Code

The Item Free Scanner Policy – The Retailers' Promise of Price Accuracy.
    If the scanned price of a non-price ticketed item is higher than the shelf price or any other displayed price, the customer is entitled to receive the item free, up to a $10 maximum. When the item has a price tagged, the lowest price applies. When identical items are incorrectly priced, the second one will be sold at the correct price.

What is a non-price ticketed item?

A non-price ticketed item is any bar coded merchandise that does not have a price affixed to the merchandise.

Last edited by Sunraven; Tue, Aug 14th, 2012 at 07:15 PM.
    Add me on twitter and I'll add you back! Just mention you are from SC!

@hoppmichelle

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

If its tagged, scop doesn't apply.. you just get the lowest tagged price.
    DianneS likes this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

I have also stopped shopping at the south location. the only reason i went in there recently is because they were the only location that had the Good n' Natural bars.

I was told last time I went in there to ask for the one supervisor ( I cant remember her name) but shes always there and told me if and when i come in with my coupons to ask for her. Shes the taller skinner one. I have complained to her a couple times about the way they treat us.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

They were priced on the shelf and had a sticker. SCOP does apply. Please don't waste time replying to argue this, Like I said I have talked to the SCOP people & they were the ones that confirmed this.
    The question I have is what happens now that they've filed a complaint with Walmart?
    Will I ever hear back from them about this?

I also have an update on the Walmart end on this
    I called them back when it didn't look like they were going to try calling me again. The manager had no idea who I was or what this was about! So I'd like to know who they were getting to call me
    He offered me a $30 gift card for my "inconvenience" When I should be offered a $55 gift card for how much I have overpayed. And he told me if I ever have a problem again to ask for a CSM. Thier CSM was the problem!

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

just wondering if you could return the DVDs and purchase them elsewhere (bestbuy, futureshop, etc). I am a big fan of the show as well, however, if I was overcharged by $55, I would rather return the DVDs.
    pippinelkhound and Natalka like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

If I return the DVD's I'll still have to pay more than $15 (or even $19.83) for them. And no other Walmart's even had them.

Trading Score
    111 (100%)

Did you know if they are in the flyer at 15$ each ? Or if it's an instore special ?? If they are in the flyer, price match at Futur Shop or Best Buy

Thread Information