User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Dollarama rant

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Let me start by saying that I HATE this store and try to avoid it as much as possible. However dd got me a gift card there yesterday for my bday, so I figured I'd take her there today to get a few things for school. We picked out our stuff, waited in the stupidly long line(1 cashier and 15 people in line), hand the cashier my gift card, she swipes it and tells me there's nothing on it. I tell her it was just bought yesterday at this store and hasn't been used yet. She looks at me all snotty and asks where's the card for the back and the receipt then? I tell her it's was a gift for my birthday and I don't have either(and really who keeps the paper backs of gift cards?). She calls her manager, the manager comes over, cashier tells her this lady has a gift card it wasn't activated and I think she just wants free stuff. I explain to the manager that it was a gift for my birthday, no I don't have the receipt or the paper back(and to be fair I've never received a gift card with the receipt attached, and it's rare to get the paper back too) and honestly it's not my fault whoever was working yesterday couldn't do their job. Then my dd speaks up and she's like "I bought this here yesterday with my grandma for my mom's birthday present". The manager looks at her and says "oh honey you don't need to lie for your mom, we know she's just trying to get free stuff." Like WTF? Who the would say that to a little kid? And if I was going to try to scam a store it sure as hell wouldn't be for crap from Dollarama.
    Then the cashier tells me my total again and puts her hand out for my money. I tell her to forget it and just give me my gift card back and I'll get the receipt from my mom and go to different location to get the problem fixed. The manager then tells me I can't have the card back since it's stolen property. I just grabbed it out of her hand and walked out of the store. As I'm leaving I here the cashier say "She's a real winner, knocked up and can't afford 10 bucks worth of stuff"
    I wish I had their names so I could complain to head office. I understand they need proof that the card was bought and paid for before they can activate it, it's inconvenient for me that someone didn't do their job properly but it was their attitude that really got to me and what they said to my dd.
    Just one more reason why I avoid that store like the plague. I wouldn't even go through the trouble of getting this fixed but since dd spent the weekend doing chores for my mom to buy me something I feel bad not fixing it.
    This thread is currently associated with: Dollarama

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Wow some people just shouldn't work with the public!
    JayneDoe1956 likes this.
    Earn Paypal $ or Amazon gift cards every week doing searches and surveys with Swagbucks http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/xXtiggerXx
    Earn quick money with short/easy surveys from Legerweb: https://legerweb.com/FOF6P

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

w.o.w.

this is ridiculous. how dare they speak to you like that?

i would take this to head office. i used to work here and i never ever spoke to anyone like that.

unreal.
    linnyeg and JayneDoe1956 like this.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

www.dollarama.com just complain to the head office and tell them what day and time you were in and a general description of the employees and they will figure it out who they are.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Speechless......
    pumpkin9211 likes this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Put this post in a local paper, online blogs, where ever there will be a large audience. There was absolutely NO need for that. Don't just "let it go", this is one situation that needs to be dealt with accordingly. Make sure it gets to head office and they have no choice but to deal with it. Unbelievable!!!
    JayneDoe1956 likes this.

OgresWife
    Trading Score
    52 (100%)

OMG send this exact thing to head office! Beyond rediculous, and I am so sorry you and DD had to go through that. Very shameful of them and I hope they both get fired! Please please please contact head office!!!
    angel_2011 and JayneDoe1956 like this.

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

Wow - I'm beyond shocked. The manager is a disgrace, no wonder the employee felt she could speak like that to you. That manager is setting a wonderful example and it's ppl like her who will ruin the company's reputation.

A bit of advice - have your mom send the letter to the head office only because she was there & witnessed the original purchase. She can say something like "I went with my granddaughter to purchase a giftcard for her mother (my daughter). Here she can say how the cashier processed the giftcard...... then they gave it to you for your bday. The next day, when you went to use your giftcard, for some odd reason, it wasn't activated and you were treated like a common criminal. You were insulted in front of your daughter"..blah..blah..blah.

Goodluck and I hope those two individuals are reprimanded for their actions.
    Last edited by angel_2011; Mon, Aug 20th, 2012 at 08:30 PM. Reason: left out a word
    JayneDoe1956 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

that's pretty disgusting. i was at dollerama maybe a few months back and i was by the cash looking at something and overheard a customer having a problem with 1 of their giftcards as well, i think the same thing happend.. wasn't activated properly. i'd certainly be contacting head office.
    JayneDoe1956 likes this.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

The nerves of some people!
    JayneDoe1956 likes this.

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

Wow. Call head office, they both need disciplinary action.
    JayneDoe1956 likes this.
    Add me on twitter and I'll add you back! Just mention you are from SC!

@hoppmichelle

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Subscribing as I would like to know how this turns out for you. Absolutely ridiculous behavior of those two clerks.
    JayneDoe1956 likes this.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Merician Loving Nuck! kparker1786's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OMG!

This is HORRIBLE! I cannot believe that! I would call Head Office in a heartbeat! Please let us know what you do and how it gets resolved!

Frig I'm losing my faith in humanity....
    JayneDoe1956 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OH MY GOD! That is absolutly ridiculous! complain to head office, these people dont deserve their jobs, treating people like that!
    JayneDoe1956 likes this.
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information