User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Why Do Some Men Find It Ok To Be Creapy?

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Yesterday was the final straw for me probally because I was a mama bear protecting my cub lol. So start from the begining first off I HATE HATE having to wear my name tag just because I am in retail...what is really is the purpose??? Most of the time you are going to reamber what the person looks like not the name. I am tired of creapy men coming up to saying Hi Kimberley how are you today and going on and on. Or better yet forget the name tag and start calling me sweetheart and honey!!!! I am no ones sweetheart or honey. And yes there is a difference between someone striking up a conversation and someone being creapy! So the straw that broke me?? My son had to go fill out some paper work... me and my daughter were waiting in the car he came back before starting up the car he was checking his phone. This creapy guy comes right up to the freakin car window where my daughter was sitting in the back (she is 15) and says hi ya sweetheart and starts going on my son being clueless I am yelling at him to move second time he finally started the car and moved. Even with me yelling he didn't move!!! I swear I have had it!!!! I wonder why it is ileagal to carry guns but yet ok to flirt with your cashier and someones daughter who you don't know in a car???!!!!(meaning this as a joke lol) I just don't understand this world!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    272 (100%)

Yep, I know what you mean.. In my case, there's nothing worse than a client sitting across my desk staring at my chest the whole time.. ewwww.. Make's me want to take windex to the desk after they leave cuz I'm sooo creeped out!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Well, that's really sick... would have creeped me out big time!

About name tags, imagine how I felt when I had to wear an ID badge with both first and last name when I worked at a psych institution for federal inmates? That always scared me. And, yes, they got released, I remember being with my son at a farmer's market, and one came over to talk to me and asked if I lived in that neighbourhood.... ew....

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Creeps and cat calls are a weekly thing for me too. I don't know what possesses a person to think that this kind of behaviour is ok. Now I'm all for friendly chat but the flirty/staring/cat calls are just ridiculous. If you can't be civil don't say or do anything at all!
    Earn Paypal $ or Amazon gift cards every week doing searches and surveys with Swagbucks http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/xXtiggerXx
    Earn quick money with short/easy surveys from Legerweb: https://legerweb.com/FOF6P

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Totally can understand this. I'm female and have a habit of calling people sweetheart, I think it's because I call my kids that. I don't mean it to make others uncomfortable, however, I do think it makes a difference when a man says it....sometimes it's harmless and you can tell and other times, yes I agree it can be down right creepy. However why would anyone walk up to a car and call a young lady sweetheart, that's just bizarre!

Mama Bear's need to be protective these days with all the nutjobs out their....unfortunately they're not all locked up and they don't all look creepy.

As for them calling you sweetheart and honey and what have you, I know it's sickening or what have you but there really is nothing I guess that you can do....change your name to honey (lol) just kidding. It's not like you can be rude or ask them not to call you that.

Best of luck!
    KK7, xox2010, maliha44 and 2 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I think it has to do with the XY factor and how they were raised. If they saw this as normal, then they will act this way as adults. We have a groper living in town and he has grabbed my backside twice. I reported him to the police who said they knew who it was and since he has a mental development issue, there is nothing they could do. DH has a plan for him if it happens again.
    Natalka and KK7 like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

oh that just ticks me of when the use mental dev issues as a crutch they did this to my mom when she caught one peeking in her windows delevering flyers

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

KK7, do the cashier trick with the name tag. Flip.
    About the car ogler, I guess, next time say very loud, "Did you see that policeman I was speaking to. I forgot to tell him something."
    KK7, xox2010, maliha44 and 2 others like this.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

ugh I had some old creep making kissy noises at me one day while I was walking down the street. I wanted to shower immediately soooo effing gross.

It's pretty much a daily occurrence for me which sucks...Definitely wouldn't be tolerated in the workplace though. I have a great boss who definitely wouldn't hesitate to kick people that are inappropriate with any of us out of the store. He's very protective that way which is a fantastic quality I think since it means I don't have to deal with that kind of crap while I'm working
    Last edited by roseofblack25; Thu, Aug 16th, 2012 at 07:36 PM.
    KK7 and wolfwoman like this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    We have a groper living in town and he has grabbed my backside twice. I reported him to the police who said they knew who it was and since he has a mental development issue, there is nothing they could do. .
    Whaaaa?
    Seriously?
    I can't believe the police won't take action.
    If it were my Mom who was groped, she would be yelling such words at him, up in his face, that he would run away, scared of her.
    Natalka, KK7 and wolfwoman like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    166 (100%)

I had some creeper that always came into my store never bought anything and wouldn't leave me alone! really creepy part he had a kid with him half the time he would say dad and the other half uncle! You dont know these days if these people are in fact harmless with everything that happens you need to be really careful especially if you walk to your car alone at night

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I used to get the same kind of thing when I worked at Tim Horton's There was one guy who used to sit at a table and just watch us... like, creepy watch. And when I was doing my co-op hours at the nursing home I was oggled and grabbed a few times by creepy old men, ewwww!

And the guy doing that to your daughter??? Absolutely sick
    Natalka likes this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I was taught an excellent "groper response" when I was a teenager,and mental development issues or not it gets the point across quite well.
    Try this next time:screech like you've been startled witless,jump up simultaneously or step back towards them(it's usually an attack from behind)trying to land on their foot and then spin around towards him hard with your arm out at about 45 degrees (give him the "travelling elbow").The goal is to embarass the shirt outta them while mashing a couple toes and knocking them off balance.You can finish by saying in your loudest voice something to the effect of "what do you think you're doing grabbing my butt like that????Keep your creepy hands off of me!!!"Gropers generally rely on the victim to be silent -don't give them the power to humiliate you,turn it around!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by secheltsaver View Post
    I was taught an excellent "groper response" when I was a teenager,and mental development issues or not it gets the point across quite well.
    Try this next time:screech like you've been startled witless,jump up simultaneously or step back towards them(it's usually an attack from behind)trying to land on their foot and then spin around towards him hard with your arm out at about 45 degrees (give him the "travelling elbow").The goal is to embarass the shirt outta them while mashing a couple toes and knocking them off balance.You can finish by saying in your loudest voice something to the effect of "what do you think you're doing grabbing my butt like that????Keep your creepy hands off of me!!!"Gropers generally rely on the victim to be silent -don't give them the power to humiliate you,turn it around!
    Yes!
    Reverse the power equation in favour of the person being groped.
    Yes!
    maliha44, MamaF and wolfwoman like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Isn't groping sexual assualt? The groper shouldn't just be embarrassed, he should be arrested and charged.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information