Trading Score
    0 (0%)

LMFAO

Only the boring ones lol
    Well what goes on at your parties

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I took that test. Said I agree with Obama . I don't. I am a Gary Johnson guy.
    Just agree with Obama....you know you want to
    vesper likes this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I refuse to answer as I may incriminate myself
    vesper likes this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Terrific! Yahoo a party! I'll bring the Cream Soda and Orange Crush (Women dig those) and some cinnamon buns!
    Women do? Really? Geez, maybe that's why I'm a spinster???
    vesper likes this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Depends on who the guests are. & the dog & cat know better than to tell if they ever want homemade cookies again.
    DaveP, i_forget and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    this is why they need a 3rd party....
    hmmm, good idea - but if after 2 years some americans can't decide - another party
    might blow their brain up (no wonder i have a problem with the quarter american i am)
    DaveP likes this.
    if you have some spare time

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by madchives View Post
    hmmm, good idea - but if after 2 years some americans can't decide - another party
    might blow their brain up (no wonder i have a problem with the quarter american i am)
    But that's the problem we have here, even with 3 (or a dozen in some ridings) parties. There doesn't seem to be a middle of the row party - Conservatives are a smidge too far right for me, & the Liberals haven't been anywhere near the middle since Trudeau came along. In the States, folks are forced to think that things are even more polarized, even if both parties are too the right of our Conservatives in many ways (yes, even the Democrats).

What I want to know is why we always seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to those who would be politicians?

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    But that's the problem we have here, even with 3 (or a dozen in some ridings) parties. There doesn't seem to be a middle of the row party - Conservatives are a smidge too far right for me, & the Liberals haven't been anywhere near the middle since Trudeau came along. In the States, folks are forced to think that things are even more polarized, even if both parties are too the right of our Conservatives in many ways (yes, even the Democrats).

What I want to know is why we always seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to those who would be politicians?
    Try looking at US or Canadian politics from an European view-point. Apart from the very right-wing extremist parties, most European parties are Liberal/Democrat-style on the right or further left-wing but in a good way.

US people tend to think of the left wing parties as akin to out-right( out-left??) communism. Which in reality they are not.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Try looking at US or Canadian politics from an European view-point. Apart from the very right-wing extremist parties, most European parties are Liberal/Democrat-style on the right or further left-wing but in a good way.

US people tend to think of the left wing parties as akin to out-right( out-left??) communism. Which in reality they are not.
    Oh, I know. Try explaining left & right wing North American politics to those from ex-Communist countries & you'll get a headache.

I do wish more folks from Canada/the US would watch shows like European Journal (http://www.dw.de/program/european-journal/s-3065-9798) on PBS to get a different perspective (altho I find that they are a bit soft, as is BBC in general, on how they report news items).

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post
    If you ever wondered which side of the fence you sit on, this is a great test!
    I know which side I'm on which is why I'm gonna tear this apart.

If a Republican doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
    If a Democrat doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.
    Since there are currently no laws banning guns in front of either congress or the senate and regarless of some people think the President can't strike down laws or amendents to the Constitution at will, that's a moot point. However, some people on both sides of the political divide realise that some current state laws are incredibly lax and allow guns to be in the hands of people who shouldn't have them. And that some guns, like automatics and semi-automatics, are not necessary for the average person.

If a Republican is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
    If a Democrat is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.
    laughs...I've never heard of even the hardest core of vegan want meat products banned. Reduced possibly but not banned....so cite please!

The only thing I can find is campaigning to reduce factory farming which is more from an animal protection point of veiw rather than banning meat production.

If a Republican is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
    If a Democrat is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.
    So quiet, the Republican ends up married if they want to be a politican or minister until they are found in an airport bathroom or using a rent-boy to carry their luggage on holiday. When they will promptly embrace Jesus( again!) or Michele Bachmann's homo-cure course and reject Satan..

The Democrat recognises that equality shouldn't end at the bedroom door and that people who live as a couple should be allowed to marry if they want, file taxes together and more importantly be allowed to be each others next of kin and be able to make medical decisions for each other. They remeber that not that long ago, inter-racial marriage was against the law in many states.

If a Republican is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
    A Democrat wonders who is going to take care of him.
    The Republican justifes taking money from the govt since it's not his/her fault..'no, siree Bob!' and spends all of his/her time on the internet deploring those welfare scroungers who are unlike them.

The Democrat works at making the system fairer.

If a Republican doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
    Democrats demand that those they don't like be shut down.
    laughs.... because Democrats don't appear to be able to change channels??? so cite please for democrats wanting channels being shut down.

However a certain Mr R....does want to stop funding PBS...

Democrats realise that in a capitialist system popular media outlets will make money and those which are unpopular will fold.

If a Republican is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
    A Democrat non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.
    Again unless a Republican wants to be in politics in which case, jump onto the nearest Christian( but not Catholic) God and loudly proclaim your godliness.

A Democrat wishes that the US follows it's consitution and allows for the separation of the church and state. Which means teachers are not forced to pray in school but students are allowed to pray to which ever God they like...even non Christian ones, and teachers may join in if they wish.

If a Republican decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it or may choose a job that provides it.
    A Democrat demands that the rest of us pay for his.
    The Republican suddenly discovers that the breast cancer they now have is considered a pre-existing condition since they had had leukemia as a child and is therfore not covered by thier insurance policy. Plus they are in an At Will state, so too many sick days and they are fired. So they have to resort to badgering thier work-mates to share personal days and raise money by doantions unless they want to be part of the 72% of Americans who file poersonal banckcrupies due to medical bills.

The Democrats works for equal access to medical care regardless of how much money a person has or thier age or if their health is already compromised. And understands that personal bankcrupsy is a hard thing for one person but the large numbers of their fellow citizens who are also bankcrupt directly affects the American economy.

If a Republican reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.

A Democrat will delete it because he's "offended".
    Republicans send it on simply to show how much of a true Republican, she\he is and bask in the adoration of their friends.

A Democrat will try to point out all the fallacies in the vain hope that she/he might change some-one's mind

Well, I forwarded it ! ! !
    Because the whole world know that e-mail forwards change society much better than those stupid Democrat campaigns for a fairer society.

Now excuse me while I find some cutie gifs, a Kincaide picture( because nothing says Republican values like a Kincade picture or irrelevant gifs) and find a historical figure I can mis-attribute this on too.
    i_forget likes this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Man gets Romney "R" logo tattooed on face.

A 30-year-old Indiana man says an eBay user paid him $15,000 to have the Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney's campaign logo tattooed on his head. Eric Hartsburg posted an eBay listing in August offering the side of his head as permanent ad space for whatever the winning bidder chose, ABC News reported.

xox2010 likes this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

He's going to regret that!
    Patty Smyth and Darth Penguin like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

$15,000? Wow someone can pay me for permanant space on my rear end for only $12,500.
    DaveP, xox2010 and Darth Penguin like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

$15,000? Wow someone can pay me for permanant space on my rear end for only $12,500.
    Politicans' speeches ....listen here???

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Here's a memo from the boss: Vote This Way

Dave Robertson, the president of Koch Industries, sent an information packet and letter this month to more than 30,000 employees of a subsidiary, Georgia-Pacific, a paper and pulp company. The letter attacked government subsidies for “a few favored cronies” as well as “unprecedented regulatory burdens on businesses.”
    The letter added, “Many of our more than 50,000 U.S. employees and contractors may suffer the consequences, including higher gasoline prices, runaway inflation and other ills.”
    The Georgia-Pacific letter, first reported by In These Times, included a flier listing several candidates endorsed by the Koch brothers, the conservative billionaires, beginning with Mitt Romney, as well as opinion articles that the brothers had written.
    Travis McKinney, a forklift driver for Georgia-Pacific in Portland, Ore., said the company’s political packet had spurred widespread discussion. “It leaves a bad taste,” Mr. McKinney said. “I won’t even wear my Obama pin to work because of the mailer.”

Koch Brothers sponser a lot of Tea-Party candidates...

Mr. Romney has himself urged business owners to appeal to their employees. In a conference call in June organized by the National Federation of Independent Business, he said, “I hope you make it very clear to your employees what you believe is in the best interest of your enterprise and therefore their job and their future in the upcoming elections.”
    bold mine....

According to the Citizens United ruling, companies may recommend candidates to employees, said Eugene Volokh, a law professor at University of California, Los Angeles.
    “If the employer wants to say, ‘This candidate is good or bad for our business and therefore good or bad for you, the employee, that’s permissible — that’s protected by the First Amendment,” Professor Volokh said. “But if the employer threatens to fire you based on how you vote, that’s not protected.”
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Mon, Oct 29th, 2012 at 06:26 PM.

Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread Information