User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Problems with someone pointing out the obvious?

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I notice that when the obvious is pointed out about posts on the blog, such as the new one today about Office Depot which is seriously old news and was previously posted on the blog back in May 2011, posts just aren't included... my post which was listed as 'awaiting moderation' was simply removed.

It's not that hard to do research before posting something on the blog that is old news, or posting something like a deal that is already long over such as freebies. Should the blog not contain new information in a timely fashion?

What I said was that it was old news, that it was posted before on the blog in 2011 and that it had been in the news as far back as 2008, then I provided the links to both the blog post on SC and a news release...

If whomever mods the blog for comments doesn't want there to be any type of discussion about things like that, then why bother having comments turned on at all?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    anisa, salady, SFARAZ and 9 others like this.

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

What I hate is when they use a deal you posted and don't even give you the credit for it! >_<
    matrix82, anisa, CrazyQT and 9 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashokia View Post
    What I hate is when they use a deal you posted and don't even give you the credit for it! >_<
    +1
    For cute kids clothing check
    http://www.zulily.com/invite/sfaraz685

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

well, i think we all know that certain blog posts are usually a bust. they are obnoxious, irrelevant, offensive or simply un-interesting.

most of the ppl posting on the blog do a fantastic job. the post you are referring to is a great example of the 'other' types.
    matrix82 likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    well, i think we all know that certain blog posts are usually a bust. they are obnoxious, irrelevant, offensive or simply un-interesting.

most of the ppl posting on the blog do a fantastic job. the post you are referring to is a great example of the 'other' types.
    Some of the blog posts are not even great deals , but look like company advertising to me , like the company paying SC to post it , but you know what SC has to make money somehow , so I don't really mind some of these not so great deals posted as blog posts.

They look more like informercials to me ..lol

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

As far as giving credit, not all of the bloggers are forum members, and they get the same emails that you do about deals. Sometimes I am sure they just don't but I just started blogging and the outline certainly tells us to give credit where we do pull something from the forum
    Jezebel and hollyquaiscer like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I think that sometimes people don't even know that someone else already posted about it. They're just excited about the great buy they got and want to tell everyone.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

If it's true that bloggers are being paid, then they should be checking to ensure that it wasn't already posted by someone else - it's not hard to do quick research really.
    I'm not talking about forum posts where that happens, I'm talking about the main blog page when you first load SC (unless you have the direct forums addy bookmarked).
    matrix82 likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

The forum and blog are classed as separate, if they physically see it on the forums and use that to blog, then they are encouraged to credit the forum member, but if they got it from their email, they don't have to check and see if its blogged
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Heh, if I doubt most of these certain blog posts came in email.... lol

On another note, I received a rude PM from a forum member today; he/she is not very nice.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashokia View Post

Yes i agree with that someone else gets the credit
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KrazE View Post
    Heh, if I doubt most of these certain blog posts came in email.... lol

On another note, I received a rude PM from a forum member today; he/she is not very nice.
    Send a mod a copy
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Meh, I blocked the user so if he/she wants to continue to be rude then it'll have to be in public where a ban is a possible change they take

Oh & FP, you're doing a flipping awesome job around here, keep up the great work!
    Last edited by KrazE; Fri, Sep 7th, 2012 at 06:42 PM.
    Jezebel and hollyquaiscer like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

If they were rude to you there are likely others anyway

And thanks lots of mods doing work behind the scenes, I just get to be loud about the trades
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Could the blog continue to give credit to OP in the forums?

I realize that sometimes the blogger received the same info/email and posted it at a similar time. However, lately I'm noticing that there is very little (if any) credit giving to OP from the forums. No, I'm not talking specifically about my last possible freebie post, but other posts that were only ever posted on the forums and not available by email or social media.

I do like when important deals/coupons/freebies get brought to the blog, but I like knowing the OP. Then I can go back to the forum and give reps or likes to the original poster.

Thanks
    Last edited by K8's Fate; Wed, Jan 2nd, 2013 at 11:19 PM.
    hollyquaiscer and Aimz like this.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information