User Tag List

Page 529 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 29 429 479 519 527 528 529 530 531 539 579 629 1029 1529 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,935 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

double post.
    Last edited by Granger; Wed, Feb 6th, 2013 at 03:36 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kw01ai View Post
    cabmonk a Murphy bed! you are so Uncle Jesse (I am on Full House references this week for some reason). Super cool. Uncle Jesse did have one BTW when he lived in the attic. lol.

Love the babywearing pic...the babywearers I know would be glad to see baby is forward facing (tummy to daddy). I love to babywear with my wraps, I am not anti-Snugli, Bjorn...etc, but the babywearing community calls those forward-facing carriers crotch danglers as they are less supportive to the hips when baby is positioned so. (I found this out after some Googling and my DD had hip problems (from a cramped incubation). Anyway, DH loves to wear our girls and I unfortunately taught him the term crotch dangling and loves pointing out "crotch danglers" when we are out. I think he just likes saying "crotch danglers." Tangent over.
    cabmonk a Murphy bed! you are so Uncle Jesse (I am on Full House references this week for some reason). Super cool. Uncle Jesse did have one BTW when he lived in the attic. lol.

Love the babywearing pic...the babywearers I know would be glad to see baby is forward facing (tummy to daddy). I love to babywear with my wraps, I am not anti-Snugli, Bjorn...etc, but the babywearing community calls those forward-facing carriers crotch danglers as they are less supportive to the hips when baby is positioned so. (I found this out after some Googling and my DD had hip problems (from a crapped incubation). Anyway, DH loves to wear our girls and I unfortunately taught him the term crotch dangling and loves pointing out "crotch danglers" when we are out. I think he just likes saying "crotch danglers." Tangent over.
    woah...time delayed double post...with a twist! LoL
    coyote00 and Granger like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

My cousin was surprised how much counter space and cupboards there were in the kitchen for such a small place lol.
    coyote00 likes this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Love the babywearing pic...the babywearers I know would be glad to see baby is forward facing (tummy to daddy). I love to babywear with my wraps, I am not anti-Snugli, Bjorn...etc, but the babywearing community calls those forward-facing carriers crotch danglers as they are less supportive to the hips when baby is positioned so. (I found this out after some Googling and my DD had hip problems (from a cramped incubation). Anyway, DH loves to wear our girls and I unfortunately taught him the term crotch dangling and loves pointing out "crotch danglers" when we are out. I think he just likes saying "crotch danglers." Tangent over.
    Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    I never did "wear" either of my kids... I have a lot of respect for those that do, it just wasn't for me!

Hehehe... crotch danglers LMAO
    I never "wore" my kids either. We got 3 different holders at our baby shower and I never wore any of them. Didn't feel right to me.

DH did wear the back pack carrier when the kids were older but not able to walk for long times. Both the kids loved being in it. I think probably because they were up so high, they saw so much.

Natalka, Shop Girl and coyote00 like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

is that your hubby?? ^ what QT~!
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

My gosh, my DD is hilarious. Either that or I just find things funnier than normal today.

I told her is she says she's "sick" tomorrow and I get called to the school, I'm going to be very upset.

She tilts her head and said: why did you do this " "? (did the fingers gesture).

Not easy to explain to a 4 year old. lmao.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    is that your hubby?? ^ what QT~!
    Ah no. Just wanted to show a backpack carrier example. I should have said that though... lol

There is a pic of DH somewhere on SC though... lol

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    That made me mad just reading it I'm sorry, but that teacher sounds like a total b!tch! At least she's only a substitute. I would think that most teachers would ask the normal questions when a child complains of a tummy ache... "are you hungry/thirsty? Do you need to go to the bathroom?" etc.
    Thanks Sheets!

Yeah, I'm just annoyed. DD is perfectly fine. She's been asking to go back to school all day. She doesnt really understand the concept of if you say you're sick, then you people think you're sick and send you home. She can be a bit over-dramatic. lol
    Last edited by bargain_hunter_lola; Wed, Feb 6th, 2013 at 03:39 PM.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

lol. I saw the "crapped" and though shoot gotta fix that. Don't know why it doubled posted after. lol is right. Just keeping you sharp and laughing.
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

lol. I saw the "crapped" and though shoot gotta fix that. Don't know why it doubled posted after. lol is right. Just keeping you sharp and laughing.
    laughs indeed!

alright, have a wonderful evening everyone.
    until tomorrow.
    D

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I am a teacher and I always ask, "Do you have to go to the bathroom? Are you going to be sick to your tummy? What did you eat today? Do you want something to eat?" Depending on their answers I look to see if they look sick. It usually results in this...

8/10 You look fine, let's wait until _____ (recess, math) see how you feel. Normally they forget about it.
    1/10 You don't look well, I'm calling home.
    1/10 Is there something with home, school or friends that could be making you feel sick? Yes.
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I am a teacher and I always ask, "Do you have to go to the bathroom? Are you going to be sick to your tummy? What did you eat today? Do you want something to eat?" Depending on their answers I look to see if they look sick. It usually results in this...

8/10 You look fine, let's wait until _____ (recess, math) see how you feel. Normally they forget about it.
    1/10 You don't look well, I'm calling home.
    1/10 Is there something with home, school or friends that could be making you feel sick? Yes.
    Thats's the way her regular teacher is, this one is well....

I tried to talk to DD and see if she asked to go home (if so why? did she not like the teacher?) or if the teacher just sent her home but she's 4 so she didnt really answer.

I hope her regular teacher is back tomorrow, I really like her. This sub doesn't seem to care and she doesn't seem to be very nice either.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Ya subs are hit or miss. GTG little ones up. Talk soon.
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    641 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    Morning everyone! My journey to find a lawyer I like and can afford starts today...the lawyer that I used before charges $495/hr. So even though I really loved her..I can't do that! I need min of 8-15 hrs of work. Going to see one today gives free 1/2hr for info. She charges $250/hr so better. I am making app'ts with 2 others to see what one I like. Legal aid only does cattle call..just to see if I qualify. 9-3 every day. But they said people line up before 5am! And you are not always even seen. I called and the clerk said sometimes all the spaces are filled before 930 am and those are with the people from 5am or earlier! Then they wait all day long just to be told no you don't qualify Maybe if I did not work full time I could do that but there is no way..and court house is not even in my city
    Good luck Abby!

Quote Originally Posted by lindsbeth112984 View Post
    Thanks for the well wishes everyone! The night was pretty brutal honestly. I'm on meds every 4 hours. I finally got to sleep a bit between the 2:30am-6:30am ones. Now waiting for 10:30, I get to take all three.. antibiotics, pain meds & steroids. Excited to start the steroids, because that should help with the uvula swelling! Then I hope to take a nap. Hope you all have a great day!
    Sending well wishes!!

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    Attachment 161664

This is the best we could do for crazy hair day. The kool-aid didn't work and I couldn't find the spray. Oh well, she likes it.
    Awesome Lola!

ugh, I hate some teachers.

Like seriously? DD has a supply teacher and I cannot stand her.

Yesterday I showed up early and waited just beside the door. If I stand in front, DD goes crazy and doesn't get ready (she's too excited).

Anyway, I hear the supply literally screaming at DD to drop her doll and get ready now. That peeked my interested so I started listening harder. She didn't seem to let up on DD. So, I stood in the door and glared at her. DD saw me right away and started screaming "mommy", of course the teacher froze and looked at the floor. It was obvious I wasn't impressed. After that her tuned changed and she was much more polite.

Then today, I get a phone call saying DD is sick. WTH? She was perfectly fine. Ok, whatever I went to get her. She looked fine. I asked the supply what was going on??? She said she's been complaining for about 30 minutes her tummy hurts. Ah ok. Did you ask why???? Her response some kids have the flu so I didn't want to take any chances. Huh?

So, I asked DD and she said she was hungry! Seriously? Send her home sick because her tummy hurts from hunger pains?

I politely explained that DD has only been in JK for 3 weeks and she's still adjusting. She needs more time for some things than the other kids and that her regular teacher knows this and works with her. The teacher said "oh. Well if you want you can bring her back after lunch". REALLY? NO. She'll be back tomorrow.

Meanwhile we're home, DD eats her lunch and is now in bed. I told her no TV or playing. If she's too sick for school, she's too sick for fun. She's now miserable and wants to be at school.
    Not impressed with the sub, were there any other teachers, staff around?

Thats's the way her regular teacher is, this one is well....

I tried to talk to DD and see if she asked to go home (if so why? did she not like the teacher?) or if the teacher just sent her home but she's 4 so she didnt really answer.

I hope her regular teacher is back tomorrow, I really like her. This sub doesn't seem to care and she doesn't seem to be very nice either.
    Hugs to DD!!
    coyote00 likes this.
    If you haven't joined Swagbucks yet, it's a great way to earn amazon gift cards and many others by simply using their search engine or doing easy clicks. Please join with my referral link - thanks! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/ShopGirl

Trading Score
    641 (100%)

I hope everyone is having a great day!
    If you haven't joined Swagbucks yet, it's a great way to earn amazon gift cards and many others by simply using their search engine or doing easy clicks. Please join with my referral link - thanks! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/ShopGirl

Thread Information