User Tag List

Page 1492 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 492 992 1392 1442 1482 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1502 1542 1592 ... LastLast
Results 22,366 to 22,380 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Lynn have fun, enjoy your evening.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, I guess I meant I don't get watching the draft - but I can see now how it's interesting, seeing which players go where.

You bet I played sports all through school, and some through university and beyond - volleyball, basketball, curling, badminton, hockey, swimming, softball, cross country skiing.
    Gee, listing them makes me realize how much I miss most of them!

Have a nice evening everyone - funny how the sun has just come out now, just before it's going to be leaving...
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! Lynn, Glad you've got the draft down pat. As Schwartz on Hogan's Heroes would say- "I know nothing!"

Meeting in London went ok.

Art needs a transfusion before his next chemo but things are going well on the grand scheme of things.

My brother had an MRI last week on his knee. Turns out that his ACL is completely ruined as well as two points of damage to his maniscos and arthritis. His running days are over. This is too bad as he really loved it.

So next step is gel injections and a new brace that he must wear all the time. He'll meet with a surgeon to see if they might rebuild his ACL but that would be a 6 month recovery and he's a teacher.

He is 47 so they're not discussing a knee replacement yet.

All this started with a workplace injury 10 years ago so Worker's Comp has re-opened his file.

Have to say good night and hope I can get to sleep.

Wedding rehearsal tomorrow night. Lovely couple !

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

good morning everyone
    DANGER

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone.Name:  happy-friday2.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  39.8 KB

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I now have an adult daughter....How did that happen???

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning all. It's Friday - we made it.
    I'm off to the doctor's again. See you later.
    Have a great day.

Name:  Friday.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  45.3 KB

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

good morn!

Today is my son's last day of school (mechanic), with his last exam. He told me yesterday that his head was 'so full of science', lol! It was air conditioning week, and he got a great bonus - one of his cars, an old Caddy, was used as an example of how to convert old a/c to new, so now he has a/c in that car and it only cost him $30 - he was so happy!

Also, one of my nieces completed school as well, she's now a Respiratory Therapist. Her program was in Calgary, but she got to come home to Saskatoon to do her year of clinical.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Apr 29th, 2016 at 10:01 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello, peeps!!

WHAT an exciting evening! And that was only Day One! It's Day Two today! Woohoo!!
    I'm off to WW this morning, Hubby's golfing bless his heart, and I may do a little shopping on the way home, then I'll walk Jenny because it's such a gorgeous day out there!!

Unfortunatlely my brother's was taken by ambulance to the hospital late Tuesday evening with a swollen knee and experiencing a rapid heart rate and confusion; he's in the Peterborough hospital now where they'll "wash out" his knee and whatever else is required to determine what's going on; apparently he couldn't walk that night, either. I just hope it's not a blood-clot from his toe amputation several weeks ago.

When I had my first surgery after my fall I had to inject myself with blood-thinners for 20 days to prevent clots from forming, particularly because I rarely could get out of bed except to go to the washroom and boy, what an ordeal getting in and out of bed with that cast, that was! I can understand how clots could form if people just remained in bed...anyway...not good news for him right now...

@avoncallingu, so sorry to hear about your brother's injury; my DH used to run miles every day but stopped because he was gradually injuring his knees. It'll fe tough to give up something that means so much to him; I hope he can be relieved of any pain he has and if surgery is in the cards for him, that it all goes well.

@Natalka, congratulations to Milan for his exceptional performance in class! All the best to him and to your neice in their futures!

@22hicks, just wishing you all the best on your doc's appt today; I hope it's all only very good news, Hon.

Everyone! Have a lovely, sunny FRIDAY!!

Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Apr 29th, 2016 at 10:34 AM.

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Looks like it is going to be a busy weekend for me. May is neurofibromtosis awareness month. 1 in 3000 people are affected by this disorder. Our goal is to continue to do what we can to educate.

http://www.nfon.ca/events

May is Neurofibromatosis Awareness Month

NF affects 1 in 3000 births

and is one of the most common inherited genetic disorders.

Our May Tea Party has come again,

A time alone or share with friends,

Just take a moment from your busy day,

To think about the NFSO in a benevolent way,

We appreciate your donation and your precious time,

It all helps speed research down the line,

Warm tea & friends... a reason to pause,

And the best of all, a worthy cause.

For more information please contact us at:

Neurofibromatosis Society of Ontario

Tel: 905-683-0811 or Toll Free: 1-866-843-6376

Charitable # 11905 3775 RR0001.
    Your contribution is tax deductible.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks!

Gee Natalka, it seems just a moment ago that you were talking about Milan STARTING this course!
    Congratulations to him on such a successful completion of his course! Very"COOL" that he got new A/C so cheaply!
    Also, congratulations to the other graduate in you family! It seems like everyone I know is needing to get CPAP machines. It seems to be a burgeoning industry as people learn about sleep apnea.

Hicks, hope everything is going better!

Lynn, any new Packers to brag about? Any Gators well placed?

I am very tired after the rehearsal tonight. I woke up with extreme gastrointestinal distress this morning at 4:30. I was up for a couple of hours before things settled down.

I guess that St. HUBERT' S pulled pork pie wasn't the best thing for me to eat last night!

Well, it's time for my evening constitutional with our puppy. We are quite worried about him. He has developed another lump that the groomer discovered. He has had this groomer for 10 years and has always been very calm when she grooms him. He BIT her unexpectedly when she was expelling his anal glands.( Which she has done many times before.) She was physically hurt (he broke the skin in 2 places) but she broke into tears mostly because "he's her buddy." And she never expected him to do that. She said it gave her a "wake-up" call, that animals can be unpredictable - especially if they are in pain. She said that she had found another growth under his front leg. We are going to take him back to the vet on Monday before his scheduled surgery on Tuesday. We may need to make a new decision. I am so very sad even thinking about the possibilities!

Then our dog sitter said that he "just wasn't himself." He's been very lethargic and not wanting to go outside.

Sorry for the "Debbie Downer".
    Natalka, 22hicks and dededi like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, dear, @avoncallingu ...that's such sad news about little Jesse, poor critter. I hope it's just another benign lump and that his vet will be able to take care of it and he'll be right as rain again.

I got some better news about my brother: he had A-Fib, but they've managed to bring his heart-rate down and they're changing his blood-thinning med. I don't know why on earth his surgeon didn't have him inject himself for 20 days after his leg surgery/amputation! I had to do that to prevent bloodclots and now I'm concerned about his potential for clots if that knee swelling etc has already happened!!! It's no fun, believe me, but it sure is worth it.

I'm off to bed; got to about #48 in the draft on Day Two, but my eyes are closing and Jenny was already snoring on the sofa beside me.

Good night everyone, sweet dreams...
    22hicks and avoncallingu like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, I sure hope things improve for your brother.

avon, with RT, my niece has been doing clinical in-hospital, it seems she especially likes doing stuff like vents for critical care patients, etc. It's a career with a lot of options. One cool thing is that one of her rotations was with my sister, who is a long-time ICU nurse.

Who knows, it could end up that my sister and her two girls could all end up at the same hospital, one is already working there as a pediatric social worker.

Our son has another session of school to do - he's got enough work hours, but it's a small shop he's at and there are a few other apprentices so the owner can't have too many of them gone to school in a year. I think Milan is hoping to go early next year, then he'll have his Journeyperson's.

Hoping your puppy is going to be okay...

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Caturday! It's going to be a nice, sunny one!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thread Information