User Tag List

Page 1578 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 578 1078 1478 1528 1568 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1588 1628 1678 ... LastLast
Results 23,656 to 23,670 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

For the next few weeks, it looks as though we'll be fighting to get into high teens for the days, but single digits for nights/mornings.
    I remember some Septembers when our son was in elementary school, there would be really hot Sept. days.

However, this year we had a really hot April, so there's just no telling.

Anyway, I'm warm now - I'm in a long sleeved top and pants, and the oven is on.

My husband thinks it's hilarious - yes, he laughed at me this morning - when I say I'm cold, because I'm 'always' hot/warm where he's the skinny cold dude. I don't think he wore shorts one day this summer (and he looks pretty good in shorts with a bare chest....).

Oy, off topic.
    My son called to say he's got a zucchini for me (probably from his boss' wife), so I asked him to come for supper - of course, I only took out enough meat for just me and my husband, but I made a casserole to make it stretch, and I'll have some big sides, plus yummy leftovers from yesterday if needed.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    For the next few weeks, it looks as though we'll be fighting to get into high teens for the days, but single digits for nights/mornings.
    I remember some Septembers when our son was in elementary school, there would be really hot Sept. days.

However, this year we had a really hot April, so there's just no telling.

Anyway, I'm warm now - I'm in a long sleeved top and pants, and the oven is on.

My husband thinks it's hilarious - yes, he laughed at me this morning - when I say I'm cold, because I'm 'always' hot/warm where he's the skinny cold dude. I don't think he wore shorts one day this summer (and he looks pretty good in shorts with a bare chest....).

Oy, off topic.
    My son called to say he's got a zucchini for me (probably from his boss' wife), so I asked him to come for supper - of course, I only took out enough meat for just me and my husband, but I made a casserole to make it stretch, and I'll have some big sides, plus yummy leftovers from yesterday if needed.
    @Natalka , you're a typical Ukrainian Mom, alright. Seems we're able to cobble together a big dinner no matter who or how many or when they show up! We take after our Moms like that...and theirs.....

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! Did some more organizing of "tools and glue and nails and stuff" - now it's laid out all over the kitchen (much to DH's dismay - but I know there's another box somewhere and I hate filing things in "just the right sized spot" only to find I have 10 more things to put in there!)

DH had an appointment at the hospital today where we waited almost 4 hours as there was an emergency - and then we went to an early supper - meaning we left the pooch for 6 hours. - NO ACCIDENTS!!!! We put her in our master bedroom where she has access to the bathroom area where we put her food and water while we are away and also to her bed and our bed and we leave the TV on. I think she's quite comfortable there.

She HAS decided that sitting BETWEEN my husband and I on our kick-out love seat is acceptably independent. She even LEANS on me - yay!

We thought she was finished with her heat but, in fact, she is smack in the middle as far as I can tell. We have an appointment to have her spayed this Friday and I'm not sure this is a good idea. I will call the vet in the morning. Does anyone have any expertise in this area?
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Tue, Sep 6th, 2016 at 10:57 PM.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    @Natalka , you're a typical Ukrainian Mom, alright. Seems we're able to cobble together a big dinner no matter who or how many or when they show up! We take after our Moms like that...and theirs.....
    There's no way I could match my Mom in that regard, though.

Who really seems to have it down are my sisters-in-law who came from Yugoslavia - I don't even know how they do it, but they can have major meals ready with no notice for like 20+ people - I've always wondered how they do it, like do they just cook up that much food ahead of time, because there's always lots of meat dishes? For example, just out of the blue on the spur of the moment they will invite people over (like after church, so it's not like there's a half day to cook)... I never really got it - and they are fab cooks and bakers.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Was up way too early at 2 a.m., so I'll head back to bed when I wake my husband up for work. Lucky him, he only has a half day at work - the company goes golfing for the afternoon, then have a bbq. Husband is not a golfer, he just goes through the motions.

Make the day a great one!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Happy Hump Day folks! Yesterday slipped through my fingers and I still got very little done. The Jays lost but WHAT A GAME!! I LOVE games like that, back and forth, up and down. Just sad we ended up tied now for the A/L East ( as Boston won their game after we lost ours ).
    Took one of the 12 lb turkeys from the deep freeze yesterday and hoping it thaws in the small spare fridge by Thursday. We just felt like having a turkey dinner no special holiday needed.

Just read this....so guess I won't be doing much outdoors today. Have a good one everyone!!

Scarborough, ON

Wednesday 6:00 AM
    Mostly Cloudy

Temperatures in the low thirties and or humidex values in the low forties were experienced across Southern Ontario on Tuesday. A repeat of these hot and humid conditions are expected today. Another hot and humid day is likely again on Thursday

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning all
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!! It was a much better night thank heavens, as far as pain goes...and it seems it has, at least from my bruised chest wall...I can take a deep breath now and sneezing and hiccups don't send me into tears!! Yes, life is good.. But my hip continues to give me problems...I'll be living on pills at the wedding, dang it.
    @walkonby , yes, it really is a vintage wedding gown. It's yellowed over the years, but it was carefully put away, and I guess having the memory of her Grandmother at her wedding with the ring-bearer's pillow, which will probably then be displayed somewhere in their home rather than the dress stuffed out of sight, was the determining factor for my cutting it up. As I was falling asleep last night I thought it would be nice to make their little 2-month old Daughter a gorgeous vintage Christmas stocking out of it, also. It'll be her first Christmas and I think it'll be a cherished momento each time they put it up at Christmas.

Well, it's coffee time'!! Have a wonderful day, everyone! Heading up to 25 today, to feel like 35 with the humidity..summer's last gasps...

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I'm waiting for Mr P to finish his phone call so he can help me fit the new dishwasher..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Had no milk for cereal so I mixed water with pudding, was that weird lol.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Name:  odins_day_ceramic_tile-r8c52afb2b4154d2ba6fa9b477bd63333_agtk1_8byvr_512.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  40.1 KB

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

got the old one out and cleaned the floor!

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hello every1. Boy, it was really hot today !!!

Ok, I'm not going to be around here much for the next month or so. I've taken on a volunteer task, which is short term, but labour intensive. I'm organizing an auction, live & silent, as a fundraiser. I've been writing letters, creating spread sheets. I'll be meeting with marketing managers, business owners, soliciting small community businesses, pick ups & deliveries, etc. ......................... So, I apologize in advance for not being around as often.

Have a great evening every1.
    ttys

Come on Jays, let's go.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Lynn, glad you are feeling somewhat better!
    D. Penguin, you have more energy and determination than 6 of me!
    What a beautiful way to use an old wedding dress! Velvet- just imagine!

Well, our doggie' s spay appointment has had to be put off as she is in heat and the vet doesn't recommend the surgery until at least a month after she comes out of it!

Major humidity and while I woke up without a headache for a change, one has caught up with me. Roll on a nice thunderstorm, but that's not even going to clear it out, apparently.

Well I finally found the last box marked "tools" -I knew there were more of those pesky boxes of nails/screws/hooks, etc. which you can never find when you need them and so go out and buy more!
    We now have enough chair-leg felt bottom thingies to supply a whole convention auditorium with quiet chairs! So, keep them, or donate them to Sally Ann? By the way, that great "Hold-your-iron-and-ironing-board" thingy-ma-jiggy" which I left at our old house apparently is no longer available at hardware stores so I have to look at second hand places which, of course, is hit-and-miss.

Does anyone know if a Regal catalogue still exists? It's the type of thing that you used to find in there.

Well, I am going to get up. Have a good evening, folks!

Best wishes for good health, everyone!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Wed, Sep 7th, 2016 at 05:39 PM.
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

hicks, good for you - that's a lot of work, but so kind of you to do such volunteer work.

@avoncallingu I was just going to respond that Regal is still available online, because I remember I looked through catalogues at Christmas - but I'm glad I checked - they just closed down rather unexpectedly.

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/201...company-closes

Is this the type of thing you are looking for?

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store...FYEvgQodNCMKXA

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/ironing-...=richrelevance

https://www.amazon.ca/Better-Housewa.../dp/B000PSFTVC
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Thread Information