User Tag List

Page 1580 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 580 1080 1480 1530 1570 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1590 1630 1680 ... LastLast
Results 23,686 to 23,700 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I remember when I first moved to Sudbury and the news report was of a bear walking down Elm Street (the main drag) and of a forest fire just out of town and I thought -"My god! I have moved to the far north!!!"
    That is funny but not so funny about the mail delivery person! I have heard them being harassed by dogs but BEARS? That's a new one!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    I remember when I first moved to Sudbury and the news report was of a bear walking down Elm Street (the main drag) and of a forest fire just out of town and I thought -"My god! I have moved to the far north!!!"
    That is funny but not so funny about the mail delivery person! I have heard them being harassed by dogs but BEARS? That's a new one!
    ...welcome to my world! Hahaha....as for Grandson, well, you've met him and our DD, SIL....yep, hard to keep up sometimes!

Hope all's well in your world today, Missy...inhale, exhale, re-laaaaaaaxxxx...
    Although. Knowing you...I'm sure you're up to no good today...

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Well, I tackled the extremely fascinating job of sorting through nails, screws, thingies to hang up various sized wall decor, nuts,bolts and some un- named but I am sure extremely useful bits and bats. This required standing for a couple of hours and I am still not through - but my back is!

Sadie is feeling kind of blah today and keeps lying in her old travel crate- which is too small for her but I suppose smells like her oldhome. I wonder if dogs get menstrual cramps. I found a pair of doggie diapers which the former owners sent along and put a pair on her yesterday. They were obviously too small and just fell off as she walked. She looked at me with a kind of disdainful look- Don't you know how to do this, mummy?

Dh is feeling punky and feels better in bed.

We are driving to Chatham and back tomorrow, so a down day of resting to feel better isn't a bad idea.

So, Lynn, what has that dr. advised for your pain?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    My YouTube videos are getting less and less views. I know I'm really not good at it lol but anyway. Here is my latest video, Mrs freshleys fudge brownie review posted today. Ha. https://youtu.be/OxqfCL5xppE
    Good review - and great price for those. Are they similar to Cosmic brownies? btw, the camera was too close.

Lynn - Well, I dunno if you want to move into the country - actually I realized that I don't know if it's my cousin's (F) family land, or her husband's - I don't know if they are still farming both - they are doing my aunt's for sure (she just moved into the city after still being out on the farm alone and she's in her mid-80s - my uncle died maybe a decade ago). My cousin and her husband live in the city, both work full time. As with many others, farming is a second full-time job.

It is really beautiful country out there - it's near Speers, SK. Not far away from the town in which I was born, and then not far away from the city in which I grew up - it is pretty much in the middle. We went often to the farm to visit when I was growing up, and I loved going there.
    Last edited by Natalka; Thu, Sep 8th, 2016 at 02:47 PM. Reason: the 'mention' thing isn't working...

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Nat thanks, I'm working on it lol. I'll keep doing it. I film 3-4 reviews same day and have them scheduled on YouTube to post every Mon and Thurs. Never heard of cosmic brownies. I need to do more fast food reviews and challenges because those get me most views.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I use my bloggie HD camera I bought used for $27.50 lol. Normally $100 to $150 but it was discontinued 3 years ago. I also use the lighting I bought from a company in Vancouver for $35. The backdrop was only $10 but I don't think I'll use it anymore because it's too dark. Name:  DSC00357.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  18.7 KB

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Hello Everyone. Loocie here & I'm just checking in. What a beautiful day it has been. All too soon it's going to be chilly, rainy & yucky. I had a scan on Tuesday & will be back at my Princess Margaret doc early next week. I hope things have settled down with me & that these damn tumours have stopped growing on me. I also have cataract surgery coming up in a couple of weeks so my right eye will soon be corrected. As it stands right now, I have no sight in my right eye & it's been a challenge. I hope I don't sound too much like a broken record.

Take care.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Loocie, good luck with everything coming up.
    22hicks, Lynn49, dededi and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Cabbie, if you have found a passion, don't be discouraged by some setbacks. Looks like you are doing a good job analysing where you can improve. If you enjoy it, keep going!
    Loocie, you sound more cheerful today! Fingers crossed that your scans go well and that the cataract surgery goes well and fixes things up for you.
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thought I'd log on to catch up and say hi.

Lynn - interesting story about your grandson.
    And, you sound like you've had a busy, and fun day.
    Avon - I hate those fiddly little jobs. They take so long, and you have little to show for it.
    I hope your trip goes well tomorrow, and that Sadie snaps out of her funk.
    Cabby - kept at it. You love it, and it shows in your videos.
    Nat - great farm country.

I'm glad the Jays aren't playing tonight; I hope they'll come back reenergized. That has to be one of the last losses for them if they want to win the east.

I hope every1 had a good day, and are enjoying your evening.
    Good night all.
    Natalka, ROMEO, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Thanks guys. I'm definitly going to keep doing it. I am partnered with social blade and broadband tv on YouTube. They give me support for my videos, anylize my videos and tell me where to improve. I'm in a 1 year contract with them which just started. If I make money they get 30% though.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Great day today!!
    @avoncallingu....I had an interesting and informative meeting with our doctor...seems that before I was born, my last 2 vertebrae didn't form properly, so very little cartilage between them so more pressure has been put on the next two, thus the lower back pain that has become increasingly...painful.
    So that's that.

The new pain that's been treated by the chiropractor and which is my most recent complain has now been diagnosed as "Piriformis Syndrome"....an inflammation of the piriformis muscle which is pinching and compressing my sciatic nerve. This is not sciatica. This is different, and thank goodness it can be treated with anti-inflammatories and exercise, plus physio therapy, all of which he has advised me to use. So in time...that should get better.

The soreness and pain in my hips when I walk is not, evidently, caused by loss of cartilage, but (hopefully not, he says) by something called, iirc, Trochanteric Bursitis. I can only walk perhaps a half block before I have to stop and rest, then continue..hurts like the dickens! I'm going to have an ultrasound done to confirm his suspicions. He's an extraordinary doctor who now finds me extremely interesting! He said he always knew me to be a "challenge", but this brings it over the top! Hmph. Brat.

So them's the fact, Sweetie...ain't gettin' old fun, though??

@SillyLoocie, my problems are small compared to what you've been asked to endure, and I hope that your tumours have absolutely faded into a distant memory, and that your cataract surgery will once again prove to be successful and restore your sight. Blessings, Loocie.

@cabmonk, ita with Natalka...your camera is far too close...or you are to it, and it's evident that, as everyone said, you obviously enjoy doing product reviews, esp with so many new products hitting the markets. Don't worry about how many viewers you get...success will come with persistence ... just do what brings you joy!!

@Natalka...oh, I envy you those times you spent on that farm; it just seems like I could breathe better when we were traveling through the prairies; somehow it all felt so safe.
    Is there such a thing as "prairie genes" that I could have inherited from my parents?

@22hicks, you must be so busy with all the responsibilities of organizing that..is it an auction...old brain, I think that's what you posted. I used to absolutely love organizing events...did it for years and got paid for it by the city! I never did learn how to delegate, though...with me it was "Lead, follow, or get out of my way."...only I was the one leading...and getting stressed, but ultimately the rewards of a successful events were worth every headache. And like having babies, one forgets the pain and gets on with another one! All the best of luck with your plans!!

DD took me shopping for an outfit for the wedding and omg, I would never in a gazillion years have even tried on the outfit she made me try on (among others), but I did and loved it and purchased it! Can you believe black leggings with a faux leather stripe down the sides?? Eeek!! And a tank with tiny horizontal pleating on top, a faux leather panel and then plain bottom topped with a draped matching cardigan thingy?? Love it!! And I couldn't thank my DD enough forever for finding it! Now on to a smart silver necklace and bracelet to go with it. NOW I'm looking forward to the party!!

Okay...I've gone on long enough I'm SURE!

Have a lovely sleep, everyone...sweet dreams!!

Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Sep 8th, 2016 at 11:08 PM.
    Natalka, 22hicks, cabmonk and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Well Lynn, you had me doing a major search on all those terms. Yikes! What a great Dr. to have come up with diagnoses so complex. I hope the new combination of drugs, exercise and rest makes your life easier!

I decided to go to bed early and read which I haven't done for a long time. My back and leg are really hurting from standing and having Sadie PULL when I walk her so I will have to train her out of that- hopefully- our other Schnauzer MAX never got to that chapter in the training manual! LOL! If he saw (or rather smelled) something interesting- he was OFF and pulling. I could never let him run like I could let Jesse run- Jesse would walk himself with his leash in his mouth.

Hope everyone gets a good night's sleep!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Thu, Sep 8th, 2016 at 11:45 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, wow, such specific diagnoses, that's so very good then a plan can be made to deal with it all. Sure hope things get better for you.

And, for sure, there are prairie genes... all the way from the steppes of the old country! That's why so many Ukrainians came to the prairies of Canada.

So happy you found a lovely outfit - that sounds very cool and funky!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post
    Hello Everyone. Loocie here & I'm just checking in. What a beautiful day it has been. All too soon it's going to be chilly, rainy & yucky. I had a scan on Tuesday & will be back at my Princess Margaret doc early next week. I hope things have settled down with me & that these damn tumours have stopped growing on me. I also have cataract surgery coming up in a couple of weeks so my right eye will soon be corrected. As it stands right now, I have no sight in my right eye & it's been a challenge. I hope I don't sound too much like a broken record.

Take care.
    Hoping also that things have settled down, and I'm hoping your surgery goes well.

Thread Information