User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: US Ambassador "killed in Libya"

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Fox news has posted pics. of the dead ambassador being carried to the hospital

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Fox news has posted pics. of the dead ambassador being carried to the hospital
    I guess Fox held them back until they were everywhere online, I saw them this morning. Horrific.

I think the western world should pull out of the arab world entirely and let them fight it out amongst themselves. Let them blow each other up - not that they aren't already, of course.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Do you think ROMNEY'S outspokeness on this incident has hurt him or helped him?

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Do you think ROMNEY'S outspokeness on this incident has hurt him or helped him?
    His base is with him, Obama's base is with him. The independants? Hard to say.

I'm a member of a couple of American forums, and the conservative/libertarian dominated one is irate. There is real anger in the US over this, and rightfully so. US lives were put on the line to help free them from Gaddafi who was destroying them during their uprising. Many want to carpet bomb them now. The more reasoned ones want tio simply pull out and withdraw all aid. Let them enjoy thier dunes without US dollars.

The other forum I'm with is liberal/libertarian atheist. They are equally angry that religious nutbags have attacked the US yet again, and angry for mostly the same reasons. The media in the US is trying to be balanced, but the people are some damn angry down there right now and I can't blame them one bit.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

sighs...

Sam Bacile: the Mysterious Film-maker who set the Islamic world on fire

He knew the film would lead to violence. To state the obvious, a film did not kill four U.S. officials in Libya today, that blame can only be placed on the religious extremists (allegedly Islamic) who fired gunshots and rocket-propelled grenades into the U.S. Embassy. But according to one of Bacile's consultants on the film, Steve Klein, the two knew full well that their incendiary movie would provoke violent reprisals

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

California man confirms role in anti-Islam film amid mystery over movie and it's makers

The search for those behind the provocative, anti-Muslim film implicated in violent protests in Egypt and Libya led Wednesday to a California Coptic Christian convicted of financial crimes who acknowledged his role in managing and providing logistics for the production.

Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, 55, told The Associated Press in an interview outside Los Angeles that he was manager for the company that produced “Innocence of Muslims,” which mocked Muslims and the prophet Muhammad and may have caused inflamed mobs that attacked U.S. missions in Egypt and Libya.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Rioting outside embassy in Cairo not looking good right now , watching it on CNN now

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

There are times I regret bringing up the brood to ask questions about current affairs..spent a lot of yesterday discussing the 9/11 attacks and part of today about the Egypt/Libya stuff..

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

This does not represent us; Pro America signs in Libya

eta... it's the second photo..
    In the photo above, the sign held by the man on the far left says "No to al Qaeda, no to violence, this is a youth revolution." The middle one says, "No No No to Al Qaeda." The sign held by the boy on the right is hard to read at this angle, but says something against killing.
    There's now a backlash against the attacks.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Wed, Sep 12th, 2012 at 10:13 PM. Reason: eta

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It used to tick me off when something bad would happen in Texas, Montana, Alberta, Saskatchewan or wherever I happened to be living, and the media and normally polite, kind, thoughtful city folk would insist the entire state or province was of same mind.

The damned fools who killed these innocent ambassador workers over a stupid film are not representative of most of the population of this country. Much like 99.4 percent of Texas was horrified when that poor black fella was murdered in 1998 after being dragged by white nazi punks, Yet the entire population gets blamed anyway.... and to this day, the perception remains.

Second I don't think religion has anything to do with these acts of violence. I rather suspect religion is a tool used by disturbed minds, to make use of easy to manipulate minds for power.

No one who really believes in God would kill one of his children.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

US embassy in Yemen stormed in film protest

Protesters angered by an anti-Islam film made in the US have briefly stormed the grounds of the American embassy in the Yemeni capital, Sanaa.
    Police shot in the air in an attempt to hold back the crowds, but failed to prevent them gaining access to the compound and setting fire to vehicles.
    Angry protests have taken place across the Middle East and north Africa

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

This leaves me speechless and even more glad that I am an atheist.

Glad to be an infidel.

http://www.mstarz.com/articles/4881/...dia-report.htm
    DaveP likes this.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This leaves me speechless and even more glad that I am an atheist.

Glad to be an infidel.

http://www.mstarz.com/articles/4881/...dia-report.htm
    Based on the grammar of that report alone, I would be skeptical until verified by more reliable sources. If it were true, the world press would be all over it. . . . (I don't mean that in any offensive way Patty. . .as your obviously a smart lady)

In regards to being an athiest. . . I respect how a lot of religions may make you feel that way, but look at it this way:

I could use many different objects but let's just look at an airplane for example; incredible invention

You can use an airplane for good: carrying people to visit loved ones, transporting emergency supplies to disaster zones, transporting mail
    OR. . you could use them for evil: namely bombing and killing innocent people.

Does that mean you should hate airplanes? or never fly in one? Probably not. Rather, you would make sure the one you chose to use was made well, reliable and trustworthy,piloted by a qualified (preferably non-violent pilot, was made and used according to the manufacturer's instructions and probably could withstand very close inspection and scrutiny.

Similarly, religion should be closely scrutinized. If GOD is the most powerful entity in the universe, maybe it would make sense to really read his "manufacturer's guidelines" (aka bible) and see if a religion really holds up. I agree many religions have much blood on their hands, but not all.

As you all have clearly agreed. . . killing and murdering does not describe a God of Love.
    Lynn49 and JenMC like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

there's a lots of re-reports of the AFP but I can't find another reputable news-source which carries the story..not even The Onion so I'm prepared to say "Didn't happen".

Though a lot of the US right wing sources WND, Freeper, rightpunditry are claiming it as true...so take that as you will...

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MortgageQueen View Post
    Based on the grammar of that report alone, I would be skeptical until verified by more reliable sources. If it were true, the world press would be all over it. . . . (I don't mean that in any offensive way Patty. . .as your obviously a smart lady)

In regards to being an athiest. . . I respect how a lot of religions may make you feel that way, but look at it this way:

I could use many different objects but let's just look at an airplane for example; incredible invention

You can use an airplane for good: carrying people to visit loved ones, transporting emergency supplies to disaster zones, transporting mail
    OR. . you could use them for evil: namely bombing and killing innocent people.

Does that mean you should hate airplanes? or never fly in one? Probably not. Rather, you would make sure the one you chose to use was made well, reliable and trustworthy,piloted by a qualified (preferably non-violent pilot, was made and used according to the manufacturer's instructions and probably could withstand very close inspection and scrutiny.

Similarly, religion should be closely scrutinized. If GOD is the most powerful entity in the universe, maybe it would make sense to really read his "manufacturer's guidelines" (aka bible) and see if a religion really holds up. I agree many religions have much blood on their hands, but not all.

As you all have clearly agreed. . . killing and murdering does not describe a God of Love.

I wish people would stop giving atheists "tips"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information