User Tag List

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree515Likes

Thread: Potential Chocolate Promo Problems (renamed)

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I was the one who bought 12 with no problem....but I was told at my Shoppers that starting tomorrow they may put a limit but as of yet they were not sure....so for me until I hear otherwise I will go back and get some crackers...the cashier told me it was because some people were coming in and buying 100 or 200 chocolate bars at a time...so I guess I am lucky I got the 12 I wanted..there was still more left but I had no plans to clear them out...the cashier told me the funniest story...she said people were actually sitting out front on lawn chairs before they had opened at the begining of the sale so they would be first in line....wow I know it was a good deal but I would not be camping out to get chocolate...lol
    Last edited by sharkie; Thu, Sep 13th, 2012 at 11:19 AM.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The BC flyer shows the gum as well this week. $3.49. And it's tagged buy 4, get 8000 points.
    FallenPixels and sharkie like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Sharkie, it was similar at my store, they opened on redemption and the first TWO people in the door cleared them out with multiple redemptions. They didnt think maybe a limit was a good idea when someone wanted to buy the store?
    SavenRaven and sharkie like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    I would still just like to get 8 bars!
    I wish you lived in my area .

My stores have tons in stock , looks like the hoarders don't live in my area

I can buy more but don't want to ..I got 24 on Sat ..that's all I need ..also did 2x - $ 50 super bonus 22,000 pts redemptions on Sat

Will just get some Ritz crackers now , as I don't have any
    bluzsuz and sharkie like this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I totally agree with you....it really makes me angry....I have stocked up on things in the past but always act fairly towards others....I only got 12 when I went there...if I had wanted more I would have waited until tomorrow and gone to another store or something....but to just go in and clear them out.....and people wonder why they are changing the promo limit....that is what ruins it for everyone.....now sadly the ones who missed out because of the shelf clearers will only get one bonus redemption if they change it...I feel sorry for the people who never got any...
    Silk and JeepChick84 like this.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
    I was the one who bought 12 with no problem....but I was told at my Shoppers that starting tomorrow they may put a limit but as of yet they were not sure....so for me until I hear otherwise I will go back and get some crackers...the cashier told me it was because some people were coming in and buying 100 or 200 chocolate bars at a time...so I guess I am lucky I got the 12 I wanted..there was still more left but I had no plans to clear them out...the cashier told me the funniest story...she said people were actually sitting out front on lawn chairs before they had opened at the begining of the sale so they would be first in line....wow I know it was a good deal but I would not be camping out to get chocolate...lol
    Wow ! They should put a limit on greed and not chocolates

Can't believe the crazies haven't hit my SDM stores yet, as for almost a week , my stores have had tons in stock and they even have signs in front of them for 8,000 BP

But they have put a limit of 8 now , so I guess they are waiting for the lawn chair guys to show up..bahahaha ..
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

8 is very reasonable given the promo IMO
    Silk, JeepChick84 and sharkie like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

you are right abou that

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

I have just heard about this deal yesterday lol. I just want to know, how would you know if the computer will give you the bonus points or not in advance? seems like some stores will give them, and others won't. Lets say you buy 8 or 12 or whatever. And you see you didn't get points.So..you can't return the bars then? What do they mean you will be awarded points later? That seems like a crock to me!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Ask then to subtotal the transaction, it will say on the screen how many points you should get
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by littlebean View Post
    I have just heard about this deal yesterday lol. I just want to know, how would you know if the computer will give you the bonus points or not in advance? seems like some stores will give them, and others won't. Lets say you buy 8 or 12 or whatever. And you see you didn't get points.So..you can't return the bars then? What do they mean you will be awarded points later? That seems like a crock to me!
    What you could do is approach a non busy cashier, ask her to punch 4 chocolate bars for you. It will automatically show on the computer screen if you're getting the 8,000 BP or not.

Who said the points are added at a later time? BPs for this promo are added automatically.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    79 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenMGorecki View Post
    l just got off the phone with Shoppers this morning and limits have now been put on for the b4Kraft item receive 8000 points. You can only do this once and points will be added at a later date. POINTS that were awarded earlier will NOT be taken away.

Hope this clears up everything for those that are wondering.
    I purchased 28 chocolate bars at 10:45 a.m. and got 56020 points. Went to another store and bought a combination of crackers and gum (yes I had the right products), and was awarded no bonus points. Store manager called head office and was told the same thing as above (one time only 8000 points regardless of how many products you buy). Apparently the system had been changed by the time I got from Store A to B (1/2 hour).

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

why can't you return the bars?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMer View Post
    I purchased 28 chocolate bars at 10:45 a.m. and got 56020 points. Went to another store and bought a combination of crackers and gum (yes I had the right products), and was awarded no bonus points. Store manager called head office and was told the same thing as above (one time only 8000 points regardless of how many products you buy). Apparently the system had been changed by the time I got from Store A to B (1/2 hour).
    Shouldn't they give you atleast 8,000 BP at the second store, even if the system ( apparently ) has been changed , as its a brand new transaction at the other store.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    79 (100%)

I was manually given points as a good will gesture . However, it is my understanding you NOW can only obtain 8000 bonus points per card (not per transaction). I will be interested to see how others make out today.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information