User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

Thread: What makes your pet(s) the cutest thing(s) ever?

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

We have 2 dogs - a 7 year old mini poodle that we adopted from the Humane Society at 5 months and a 5 year old abandoned mini schnauzer that we adopted from the OSPCA because he was so quiet! SURPRISE! Now he barks at every noise!
    It's cute when I throw their toy bone down the hall and they both go after it - both grab one end and then run back down the hall side-by-side growling at the other one to let go!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  clip_image001.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  27.3 KB

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I let my cat out every evening when I come home from work. He is only outside for an hour or two a day, so he's not too outside savvy. We live along the salt water shore line. He goes outside and "hunts" along the shore when the tide is out. When he "catches" something, he then bolts for home, brings it inside (we leave the door open for him) and spits it out at our feet. So far he has brought home a ton of seagull feathers and a couple clumps of seaweed. LOL. He is so proud so we make of him every time. I don't think he'll know what to do if he ever catches something that is actually alive. Ignorance is bliss I guess, LOL. I love my boy.
    hollyquaiscer and coyote00 like this.
    Nettie
    Want to join SWAGBUCKS and earn gift cards? Click on my referral link! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/nichandainc
    Visit my blog, to read about how I save money on everyday expenses!
    http://stuffthepiggybank.blogspot.com/

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

My last kitty would follow me around the house too, freaking out if I was in the bathroom or bedroom and she was on the other side. I had to keep her favourite wire toy in the bathroom so I could push it under the door to distract her from clawing the door down. She would make the night rounds, though, sometimes not coming to bed until 2 or 3 AM. I shut my bedroom door if others in the house were out past midnight, which was frequent if they were working night shift.

At first, she would paw at the door with one paw (claws slightly extended to make a scratching noise). If I didn't respond, she'd get up on her hind legs and scratch with both paws. If that didn't work, she'd lie down, and "run" on the door with all four paws and the noise was awful! I actually got to see this one day from behind her when my parents were over and I had given them my room for the night. I had to laugh and called her off to my temporary bedroom and she trotted over right away.

She would purr constantly in my bed, like falling asleep to a little motor. There were times I had to pet her awake so I could drop off, she was so loud.

She also did tricks, not for treats, but to be petted. She'd shake paws and wave. She was always up for a game of hide and seek.

When I left for work, she'd follow me to the door to say goodbye. Awww.

When she was at the vet, she'd hide her head in the crook of my arm, like an ostrich. She wouldn't look until she was back in her carrier. When she got home, she'd be angry at me for a good hour or two for taking her to "that woman" and go off to sulk.

I had an ivy that I was careful to watch that she didn't chew on. She never expressed an interest in eating it, but she would frequently sit on it. The room was never open if I wasn't there. The ivy had long branches that trailed and swirled on the floor. Once, she walked by and tripped on the branches. She turned around and gave it a good swat with her paw. Oh my, that was funny.

My mother, who has a genuine dislike for all animals, was charmed by her. She pawed at my mother's leg and Mum tried to make her go away. I told her she only wanted to be petted. She tapped her head once and said "there". Of course, this encouraged kitty and she pawed again, and the process repeated over and over again. Kitty: 1, 2, 3, 4, Mum: 0. At the end of her visit, Mum asked me if I cooked for her.

"Cook??!! Um, no, she has her prescription vet food."
    "I'm sure some salmon or chicken will be miles better than that prescription food and you won't have to buy her any extra."
    "Are you suggesting I cook her dinner without sauces or seasonings before I cook my own dinner?"
    "It's easy. Don't be so lazy."

Just so you understand the full weight of her words, Mum is a chef by trade. Food is her life. She cooks for those she loves and that is her gift to them. Her dishes are amazing and has made DH go for seconds of foods he hates, as well as my old roommates. One of them couldn't believe she ate an entire meal of food she had hated all her life. For her to offer the cat food, means Kitty: 5, +4 bonus!!, Mum: 0.

Mum didn't believe she was very smart or knew her name. I looked over at her and called "pickle". No response. "Rutebaga". No response. I tried this with several cat names that weren't hers. She just stared. Then I said her name in the same tone, and she came trotting over (to show Mum that it wasn't the tone that she recognized). Smart kitty! Mum was impressed. Kitty: 10, Mum: 0. (Phew, I thought she was going to come because I was looking at her. Obviously, she knew what game we were playing.)

At Christmas, I gave her a big plush kitty bed. She does not sleep in kitty beds. Ever. I unwrapped kitty's "gift" and told her it was for her. She promptly trotted over and got in for the first and last time. Mum remarked that it was as if she really knew it was hers. 'Course she does, Mum. Kitty: 11, Mum: 0.

Every time Mum visited, it seemed like she forgotten her friendship with the cat. Kitty had to make friends each and every time. And she did. Awww.

I only had four years with her after her old owner couldn't afford her vet bills, but if you ever met her, you'd know she was worth the five figures she eventually cost me while I was paid minimum wage. I don't think I'll ever meet another cat like her.

She also had the most gorgeous emerald green eyes. Not light green, not hazel. They were a deep, intense, bright green. The colour of emeralds at Tiffanys. The colour that made photographers stop by and ask for a picture. The rest of her was black and white, with longhair, and *loved* to be brushed.
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Thu, Oct 4th, 2012 at 10:52 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Skippy is my foster failure that we got 4 years ago. We really didn't pick to adopt him he kind of adopted us after 4 months of being a foster pup. He really isn't the most friendly dog when a stranger comes into the house for the first few times and we have to tell the person to stand still and let him smell them and when we walks away they are good.(if he doesn't walk away we crate him for a bit) Well if he takes a real liking to someone he will come prancing over and smile. This freaks everyone out because his smiles include him curling up his top lip a bit. But it is a true smile and not just showing is teeth in an aggressive manner. (he doesn't to that when is goes to bite, nope he just bites)

Vivace likes to great new people with something in her mouth. Usually it is a ball or her kong but the odd time it is a sock or something else. She also seems to have the need to always sleep on her back with all 4 legs in the air and since she has jowls they then to flop over showing her teeth and her tongue stilling out the side. She just things everyone is her friend and is our social butterfly when she isn't working.
    coyote00 likes this.
    Not All Disabilities Are Visible. Proud owner of a medical alert wonder pup. (formally a puppy mill pup that was rescued and assists a special needs child)

Trading Score
    185 (100%)

I have three female cats. They are like 3 sisters. They always sleeps together, fight eachother and look at the strange thing (my 4 month old son). They can stare at him for one hour. I dont know why but seem that they dont trust him. I love them so much they really are my babies. Ariel (orange one) always come in my bed in the morning for a little spooning time then she tells me what she did last night. When I talk to her and she always answer back! Juliette (grey) she is the fighter and the brain of the group. An last but not least Lilas (black) she's the weirdest cat I've ever seen she have a pig tail and the weirdest voice but shes so lovely.
    I love my fur babies!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by bibiee; Mon, Oct 8th, 2012 at 04:00 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love this!
    My dog now, Tucker, when he plays with his toys by himself he growls playfully to them. And pulls on his toys as if they are being pulled away from him. Also we have a deck in our backyard and when we let him out we say 'who's out there? Who is it?! Go get him!' And he goes wild once the door opens, looking for a rodent of some sorts. And he comes trotting back to the door with his head up all proud.

And my old dog, Kya a golden lab retriever cross, would always take the tea towels from the stove handle and bring them to the door when people came in. As if to say 'welcome to my home!'

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Bibiie, your kitties are too cute!

I had to take Keisha to the vet today to get her spayed and she cried but then, as I was driving, and my boyfriend held the crate in the passenger seat, she reached out her paw to my hand that was on the shift stick....and she kept it there, and she stopped crying lol. She would not move her paw the whole way to the vet! I miss her I hope she's ok.
    Complete quick surveys and cash out at every $20. Receive a cheque, deposit it into your bank. That easy! https://legerweb.com/2Q7V3

Trading Score
    185 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by natynat View Post
    Bibiie, your kitties are too cute!

I had to take Keisha to the vet today to get her spayed and she cried but then, as I was driving, and my boyfriend held the crate in the passenger seat, she reached out her paw to my hand that was on the shift stick....and she kept it there, and she stopped crying lol. She would not move her paw the whole way to the vet! I miss her I hope she's ok.
    I hope too This is so cute of her to hold your hand

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bibiee View Post
    I hope too This is so cute of her to hold your hand
    It really was...melted my heart lol
    hollyquaiscer, coyote00 and bibiee like this.
    Complete quick surveys and cash out at every $20. Receive a cheque, deposit it into your bank. That easy! https://legerweb.com/2Q7V3

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by xXtiggerXx View Post
    I found my fur baby Checkers 14 years ago as a tiny, abused, abandoned, malnourished kitten in my garden. She was completely feral when we caught her and it took her years to be sociable on her own. Even now she's terrified of strangers, other animals, storms and load noises. Her "meower" is broken, she's only capable of a purry grunt and a noise that sounds like a squeaky door. We have a very close bond-I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm her mom. She likes to do the "big hands dance", as we like to call it, on my legs and stomach while I try to sleep.
    For her cute things:
    - She stands on her hind legs and waves a paw in the air for treats or attention
    - She'll stay by your side all day when you're sick or upset
    - She doesn't let anyone use the computer unsupervised, she must lay on your lap
    - She sometimes sleeps on your chest or back at night if she feels extra cuddly
    - She wakes up my boyfriend by gently pawing or nuzzling his face if he's having a bad sleep talk or if I'm having night terrors
    - Some of her favourite crazy time activities include running as fast as she can onto a rug and riding across the room, digging through a pile of newspapers and biting them to shreds, and picking up her toy mouse in her mouth then hitting it like a baseball with her paw (she did this with real mice too-
    )
    mimi my 3 year little persant..make all of that...most important she is there for me and I am there for her

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Everything
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBella View Post
    Everything
    I need detailed descriptions!
    coyote00 and natynat like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My cat loves to catch bugs, she's always jumping through the air at flies and trying to eat spiders (yuck)!

The best is when she's really tired and will just drop and pass right out like a drunken bafoon.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

My little girl Marley will melt your heart in a second. She was purchased by mt youngest dd, but was so tiny, that when dd went to work in the morning, she would bring Marley over and I would babysit her. Well, that lasted a hot 2 weeks, I fell in love with her (after swearing off animals all together because of the grief I suffered when I lost my last pet. Yes, our pets are our children!!!

After babysitting for 2 weeks, I said to my daughter, why don't I purchase her from you and keep her here with me. You won't have to get up so early every morning to bring her to me, all the time knowing that young people LOVE their sleep My dd considered my offer anfd said "As long as I get visitation and the odd weekend sleepover at my house"....the deal was struck.

Here is my little girl in the summer of 2010(all the youngest pictures are on a desktop computer in our condo). Look at that beautiful little face. She has the most perfect brown eyebrows, and that face. At the time I "rightfully owned her she weighed in at 11 ounces. She now weighs a whopping 4 pounds 8 ounces at her last vet visit in October of this year. She's perfect in every way.

We go for walks at least twice a day, but usually 4 or 5 times, and SHE walks me! She gets all excited when I ask her if she wants to go for a walk, and once outside and the leash is on her, she takes the end (nearest to her collar) anfd she walks ME It's so funny, she will lead me around until she has found the perfect spot to relieve herself, because we all no not just any old spot will do! Once she finished and she happy with my job of clleaning up after her, she will let me walk her

People always laugh when they see her spritzing everywhere, not just any spritz, oh no, but a 2 legged spritz. She actually gets up on her 2 front legs and sprintzes, then will walk a few step and once she is sure her tiny feet won't touch her spritzing, she will go back down on all fours. I took a few pictures of this a few weeks ago, and once I download them, I'll post it to show you.
    People laugh when they see her doing that, or when they see her walking ME

Yep, she 's my baby!

She also LOVES to go for bike rides. I used to take her on my motorcycle when I rode. Now I take her on my scooter (don't laugh, when you get sick, any 2 wheel mode is fun if you can't ride anymore) or on my bike. If we are out and about on a tour, and come back before she thinks we should, she'll refuse to stand up for me to take her out of the basket such as in this picture. This was taken about 3 weeks ago. It was a really really hot day, and we were gone for about a half hour, but the battery was running low so we had to return to the rv. Either that or peddle and it was way to hot to peddle

Grr, U can't get picture to resize, will try again in a few minutes
    coyote00 likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information