User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: My printer makes me violent

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

I can`t take it anymore!!! My printer is a piece of crap Every time I turn it on, it does not recognize the existing copy of itself and I have to put in the disc and go through that, then reset the settings so it prints in black ink not color, etc. Because I forgot to do it tonight, right now something I wanted to print is in the queque on offline copy4 of the printer, never to be printed because my printer is now onto copy5. Arrrrggggg!!!

For Christmas I think I`ll ask for a new printer and a hammer
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by BC Gal; Sat, Sep 22nd, 2012 at 01:23 AM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I feel your pain....my printer would not recognize what I have to print for a site( mir for science balance cat food) grr....2 day of trying and get frustrated.

Finally I think it was the pdf the problem....it printed only white page???
    Went on another site copy the form and then proceed...done!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Sep 24th, 2012 at 06:24 PM.
    glenglen, Aimz and BC Gal like this.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Mine is the same a hammer sounds good
    glenglen, cath007, Aimz and 1 others like this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If your printer is not being recognized try this (if you are using Windows):

Go to Control Panel
    Performance and Maintenance
    Administrative Tools
    Services

Scroll down the list until you find Print Spooler (the list is in alphabetical order)
    Look over and see if it says Started on the right
    If it doesn't stay Strarted, right click on Print Spooler and select Start

Sometimes if the printer isn't connected, or is off for long periods of time, the spooler stops running.
    I use a laptop, so every time I want to print something I have to start the spooler before I print (I start it before I even connect the printer).
    glenglen, cath007 and BC Gal like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Maybe we should do a hammer gift exchange around Christmas.

My printer has a mind of its own - it will start calibrating whenever it feels like it, including in the middle of the night sometimes. And then it'll also start calibrating before it follows my print command, making me sit there and wait for it forever.

And it won't do it silently - oh no. It will sound like a whining cat/crying baby the whole time.

Man, I feel your pain. And man I need a new printer.
    Last edited by Aimz; Sat, Sep 22nd, 2012 at 11:34 PM.

[*A I M Z*]

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

I think companies should give us printers to test since we do more internet interactive printing than most people

Thanks so much luckbealady! I love learning how to find things on my computer. I followed the steps and it does say started, but now I know how to check that and some other stuff too

Hey, at least it's not haunted like Aimz! LMAO jj
    glenglen, cath007 and happydancing like this.
    Join Beyond the Rack here and get a $10 credit!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by BC Gal View Post
    I think companies should give us printers to test since we do more internet interactive printing than most people

Thanks so much luckbealady! I love learning how to find things on my computer. I followed the steps and it does say started, but now I know how to check that and some other stuff too

Hey, at least it's not haunted like Aimz! LMAO jj
    LOL! Right? So glad I could provide a bright side. Believe me, I've thought about it being haunted as well.

[*A I M Z*]

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Mine is an idiot too. Not nearly as bad as everyone elses though.

The scanner part is idiotic.

In the spring I could not use it because it would not "connect" (wireless) with my computer. Would say its not connected to anything but would then print something from my computer. Try to scan again and nope, not connected to any computer. Its the same darn machine! "All in one".

So like 6 months later I finally get up the courage to call in to HP to get them to help me with it. I turn the darn thing on and try to scan to see what the message says as by this time I have forgotten and what do you know? The thing works! GRRRRR.

But now it still tempramental. Occassionally it will say again not connected so I'll open up the printer program on my computer select scan that way, then hit cancel (I don't like scanning like that, long story) then I'll go back to the printer and suddenly it will allow me to scan.

I hate technology.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

HappyDancingDealHunter
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I know the feeling all to well.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mine has been telling me for the last two weeks that I've left the cover open. So I can't print anything at all.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

[QUOTE=Aimz;4977291]Maybe we should do a hammer gift exchange around Christmas.

My printer has a mind of its own - it will start calibrating whenever it feels like it, including in the middle of the night sometimes. And then it'll also start calibrating before it follows my print command, making me sit there and wait for it forever.

And it won't do it silently - oh no. It will sound like a whining cat/crying baby the whole time.

Man, I feel your pain. And man I need a new printer.
    [/QU
    I'd like a blinged out hammer please! Nice to know that I'm not the only one with a haunted printer!
    glenglen and BC Gal like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

Just found this thread as we are trying to work then printer AGRGGGGGGGGGG,the old printer we have [mine] work sgood the new expensive one is my husbands and works like crap
    cath007 and BC Gal like this.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Ha, this post reminded me of my printer mishap this morning. My printer doesn't always have issues but when it does it tends to be when I needed to work the most. Anyways, I had a couple things waiting on my laptop to print off so I plugged it in, put a big stack of paper in and went across the street for an Iced Capp. I come back in and instead of printing, the darn thing's decided to shoot sheets of paper one at a time across the room. There were like 30 sheets of paper scatted everywhere, with more shooting out at mach speed when I walked in. Oh printer, why are you so crazy

I thought you all could get a good laugh out of this comic as well:http://theoatmeal.com/comics/printers
    abbasgirl and BC Gal like this.
    Earn Paypal $ or Amazon gift cards every week doing searches and surveys with Swagbucks http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/xXtiggerXx
    Earn quick money with short/easy surveys from Legerweb: https://legerweb.com/FOF6P

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Oh my gosh, you so need this cat...

Incidentally, my printer won't work with Smartsource. It keeps telling me that I need to update Java. Aaargh! We've updated Java to the latest version! Does anyone else's Mac work with Smartsource?
    xXtiggerXx, cath007 and BC Gal like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Lol....I had my printer HP kind since 10 years...and now I configurate on 1 of my pc(mine -used the most-) and I will have to do with the other pc too....In the time it was selled like 200$....boy...long time ago when we have our traditionnal printer we have a lexmar....it what a who *&*(&( dont last long...it was on a gvnt computer program in 2000''connect the famillY'' and we cannot choose anything...so it was cheap.

So now with reusined ink I purchase I am fine with the hp....the others ones are so $$$
    The ink cost more than the printer....crazy!!!

But I have to print something at least 1 time a week to kept the printer running.
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Sep 24th, 2012 at 07:07 PM.
    BC Gal likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information