User Tag List

Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By mandolimed
  • 2 Post By flyingdutch

Thread: Ok, so when a coupon says "one coupon per purchase".......

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

This has been a very frustrating coupon day! First we were at No Frills for Smart Pasta and we had several coupons and were picking up several boxes, when we got to the cash the cashier said I can only put one through it says only one coupon per purchase, ok whatever, not gonna argue I can pricematch at walmart, so I just buy one. Off to Wally...
    At Walmart, a newbie cashier calls over the CSM about how to ring the coupons through and the CSM says, oh, you have to ring each through separately because it says "one coupon per purchase"! (the line grew longer and longer........) When the CSM walked away the cashier said screw it I'm just ringing them in (she was a doll!) Anyway, what is it with the "one coupon per purchase"? I have used several coupons at a time that have said that in the past without a problem, if it was one coupon per person like the coupon zones have most times, I could see it, can anyone clear this up for me? Thanks!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    147 (100%)

This wording drives me crazy too.
    I was at Canadian Tire the other day, would only let me use one coupon per transaction, and NO COUPONS ON SALE ITEMS (that would be combining offers). I left without buying anything...

Trading Score
    401 (100%)

nope, they all screwed up ... 1 purchase means 1 item ... next time say one coupon for this one purchase (item) not limit 1 coupon per transaction (because your whole order is a 'transaction')
    ღ ღ Coupons are my Money ღ ღ ღ ღ

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mandolimed View Post
    nope, they all screwed up ... 1 purchase means 1 item ... next time say one coupon for this one purchase (item) not limit 1 coupon per transaction (because your whole order is a 'transaction')
    I find saying this is helpful. It is doubly helpful if you happen to be using a stack of coupons that includes both "one per purchase" and "one per transaction" so you can point out the different wording as reference.

Sometimes though you're just going to get stubbornly inflexible cashiers. I try to put a smile on my face and tell them that's fine if they wanted to do one coupon per purchase as actually one per transaction I can wait while they do that. Usually as you found out some cashiers just get frustrated and put them all in (as they really should have from the start but whatever).
    newmomma and Lavender Lady like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mandolimed View Post
    That is soo true! Not that you say that.. well said. Yes my friend the other day had tons of coupons and they had to be rung in separate at Walmart as well by one cashier. Other time the cashier did the same thing she did not care and rang it all in at once. I think it really depends on the cashier being picky or not. However point said clearly and perfectly here by quote above.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by savess View Post
    This wording drives me crazy too.
    I was at Canadian Tire the other day, would only let me use one coupon per transaction, and NO COUPONS ON SALE ITEMS (that would be combining offers). I left without buying anything...
    Really no coupons on sale items at CT??? wow that is nuts!!

Thread Information