User Tag List

Page 114 of 493 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 7391
Like Tree26435Likes

Thread: Jezebel's Surprise Advent Package Train

Trading Score
    148 (100%)

I should of answered my own question, if it's just Clint (bf) and i we open Christmas eve, but if we are with my family it's Christmas day, and this year it will just be me so i don't know what i'll do lol.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bear25 View Post
    To answer my own question, i love snowflakes. And my b-day is may 16, and bf is aug 25. Ok one more question? Buddy when do you open presents, on Christmas eve or Christmas morning?
    Christmas morning!! though a couple gifts will be opened christmas eve w/ my MIL, and then also more at new years w/ my FIL!
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Trading Score
    432 (100%)

Ornaments -our tree is mainly homemade and antique ornaments. We don't have any specific colours or style -but we do avoid disney/tv/branded ornaments.

We open one present on Christmas Eve (always pj's), and the rest Christmas day.
    Last edited by CouponLadybird; Fri, Oct 19th, 2012 at 07:45 PM.

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

When it was just me I opened Christmas eve and slept in now that I have a little guy, we do pj's on Christmas eve and the rest Christmas morning, including Santa leaving some toy set up and ready to play with (gives time to get coffee and some food before opening the rest). I still remember one Christmas when I was about 6 I think it was, I came downstairs and there were all these Star Wars figures set up, it was so awesome. My parent's remember the Christmas santa brought my sister and I matching Barbi Campers and made them put all the decals on

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by CouponLadybird View Post
    Ornaments -our tree is mainly homemade and antique ornaments. We don't have any specific colours or style -but we do avoid disney/tv/branded ornaments.

We open one present of Christmas Eve (always pj's), and the rest Christmas day.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwennad View Post
    When it was just me I opened Christmas eve and slept in now that I have a little guy, we do pj's on Christmas eve and the rest Christmas morning, including Santa leaving some toy set up and ready to play with (gives time to get coffee and some food before opening the rest). I still remember one Christmas when I was about 6 I think it was, I came downstairs and there were all these Star Wars figures set up, it was so awesome. My parent's remember the Christmas santa brought my sister and I matching Barbi Campers and made them put all the decals on
    I really like this idea of opening pjs on christmas eve (maybe I will make it a tradition!)

I remember one christmas when I was either 4 or 5 and getting a barbie tropical hut and my Dad, Grampsy & family friend spent over well an hour on christmas morning trying to put it together (we even I a photo somewhere of them trying to do this - I am going to try to see if I can find it)
    Jezebel, garbagepicker and gwennad like this.
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

we open all gifts on the morning of the 25th when the kids wake they can open their stocking in their rooms(at the foot of their beds) to give us some time to lie in. My parents are coming in from BC for xmas AND hubby has the day off this year(rare as he is a shiftworker)

I have all but one item in the prep area - need to wrap, number and wait.
    Its alright that there are more than 25 items right? :S I went overboard.
    RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Someone asked back up the thread and I can't find it again to quote so... the main crock pot cookbook I use is "the Ultimate Slow Cooker" by Better Homes and Gardens. I got it a couple years back at Costco and it's HUGE. Our new Christmas traditional breakfast is in here. I do scrambled eggs when everyone is up because they are quick and easy, and then this casserole that has been cooking all night. It's very yummy, even my parent's approved (and they don't think I can cook anything).

Loaded Hashbrowns
    1 lb bulk pork sausage (I couldn't find this so unstuffed sausages which was really yucky to do but worked)
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    disposable slow cooker liner (I didn't use this and it was a PAIN to clean but worked ok)
    5 cups frozen diced hashbrown potatoes
    1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (I think I used cheddar)
    1 small red sweet pepper, chopped
    1 4-oz can sliced mushrooms drained
    1 10.75 oz can condensed nacho cheese soup (I couldn't find this so used cheddar soup, lacked some kick but worked for a two year old)
    1/4 cup water
    Optional toppings - shredded cheese, jalapeno pepper, salsa or sour cream

In a large skillet cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is brown and onion is tender, drain off fat.
    Line the slow cooker with the liner (3 1/2 or 4 qt). Place sausage mixture, hash browns, 1 cup cheese, sweet pepper, and mushrooms in the slow cooker. Mix well. IN a medium bowl combine the soup & water. Pour over the hash brown mixture and stir to combine.
    Cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours, or high for 4 to 4 1/2 hours (I left it from around 9 bed time until 7 morning and it was good). If desired serve with the optional toppings.

I did it with the scrambled eggs to add something but you could just eat it by itself. I like it better than my old Philsbury Cinnamon Bun breakfast, and it was filling enough to last to dinner time which was early afternoon. Oh, I think I'd add some corn to it as well, and possibly some salsa as a topping. Mmm.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

@wendy.. i think its ok to have more then 25. maybe group a couple together that are related if that helps.
    wendyjane and julesie-pie like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

We open gifts on Christmas Eve and celebrate with the whole family (usually my DH's side as he has 5 siblings and we have lots of nieces and nephews) so we do dinner, hang out, and open gifts together at his oldest bro's house on the Eve.
    garbagepicker and wendyjane like this.

Subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly VLOG updates on deals, couponing, & price matching. Happy couponing!
    www.youtube.com/user/SavvyCouponingMomJ

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    @wendy.. i think its ok to have more then 25. maybe group a couple together that are related if that helps.
    I don't think anyone would really MIND if they get more than 25. I have already grouped things together and left multipacks intact teeeheeeee

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

my goodness.. lucky buddy you got.
    garbagepicker and julesie-pie like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

We open our gifts Christmas morning. When I was younger we had a tradition that you could open 1 gift on Christmas Eve. Although, we don't tend to do that anymore since we're all older now..

Thanks for the Simple link SCB, that's the cleanser I use so it's nice having a small size to take on trips
    I want to start wrapping my gifts but I'm not sure if stores are selling Christmas wrapping paper yet, forgot to check the last time I was in. Really wish I had stocked up at the end of last year since it always goes down to under a $1... oh well, live and learn, I guess!

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

the only wrap i have available is hubbies 'collection'. about 40+ years old. and the dollar store only has the shiny stuff on rolls. ill wait wont be long before the halloween stuff is gone and xmas is out. id' say probably within a week or so.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

buddy can you make sure that your regular coupon wishlist is up to date so that I can fill an envelope with wishes? pretty please?

Trading Score
    493 (100%)

Just popping in, been on the phone since I got home from work, our. Girl Guide Camp was broken into so had to call the police and file a report, speak to the provincial commissioner, insurance etc. Nothing was stolen that we know of, just a busted gate, smashed in door and barn where the lawn tractor is was busted. Some people....

I love Disney and snowflakes!

Bdays:
    Me December 17
    Scott march 29
    Erica October 29
    Sami December 8
    New puppy September 10

Page 114 of 493 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 214 ... LastLast

Thread Information