User Tag List

Page 342 of 493 FirstFirst ... 242 292 332 340 341 342 343 344 352 392 442 ... LastLast
Results 5,116 to 5,130 of 7391
Like Tree26435Likes

Thread: Jezebel's Surprise Advent Package Train

Trading Score
    134 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post
    I'm currently hiding on the bedroom floor tucked in behind my bed & a suitcase. My parents came today to help pack. The move is tomorrow, and as much as I adore on Don, he has been completely underestimating a) how much we have, and b) how long it's going to take to pack. His mom/stepdad have come to 'help' a couple of fridays, but that basically involves me entertaining them. He took last friday off to 'pack' but that ended up with him accompanying me to buy more totes/boxes. So, no packing got done. I'm really frustrated. Now, it's just the odds & ends that need to be packed. Hard to do when my parents have made a bigger mess of the condo than not. My dad's been a great help packing the kitchen though. Don't get me wrong. I really need the help and it's been a great help today. But, baby was up crying all night, my mom says she wanted to take care of her today to give me free hands, but then says 'she should be sleeping' while she looks at the baby beside her crying. Like pick up the f'ing baby, and cuddle her!!! C'mon people!

K, sorry. I'm crying cause I'm tired & frustrated. Don thinks that taking care of the stereo equipment and bar supplies (ie/alcohol) is enough. Ummm...yah.
    Awww Hun big hugs you have every right to be upset it a lot going on in a short time I am glad we are here for you to vent to
    Jezebel, wendyjane and slambert like this.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away"

"because tomorrow is another day"

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Just remembered that tapatalk crapped itself when I posted this morning about our gifts!

Day 7 brought us some great goodies! Aveeno firming lotion for mommy, and the mystery gift of the week for my little bunny! It was a stuffed puppy! Cowgirlmama was sneaky sneaky. She packed it in a ziplock & sucked all of the air out for ease of packing. We were making some fun guesses at 5 am when our bunny finally stopped fussing & had happy giggle time! She got hold of its poor fuzzy fur & coined the phrase 'shaken puppy syndrome!'

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

hmm what a guy..
    if ya promise me non stop wine and chocolate i'll help ya

haha.. moving is never fun.. haven't done it in about 16 years.. and yet i remember everytime we did move.. like 5-6x in 4-5 years.. with two babies. IF we ever move again... we are hiring movers. NO exceptions. and possibly hiring mr holmes to build our house.. as if we do move its going to be after we win the big one.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Armygirl76 View Post
    Awww Hun big hugs you have every right to be upset it a lot going on in a short time I am glad we are here for you to vent to
    Thanks! I'm feeling like a suck but yah. It's just venting! Thanks!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by NickiB View Post
    Oooh.. I didn't know that either!

Lol... if it's anything like the smell of my ex-husbands feet, yikes! And BTW Princess Pumpkin, thank you for the very nice Christmas Card I received yesterday!

Love that MUG!

OK.. so I was AWOL yesterday, celebrating my birthday by draining my bank account! Sheesh, what is it with the MTO renewals happening on your birthday! Also running errands for my work Christmas party Saturday night... finding proper costume attire (Biker Chick/Gang theme this year!) and for some reason, I had the brainwave to make our annual mystery gift exchange, mandatory homemade! Bought a new pressure canner last week and wanted to test it out. Made a sweet Guiness Barbecue sauce, and a Super Spicy Beer Mustard and tested out the canner....

Lesson #1 - Make sure you leave enough headspace... otherwise the contents will burst out of the lids!

Alright.. enough of my kitchen drama!

Day 6 - A lovely birthday card with a heartwarming message, and a personalized Hershey bar just for me!

Day 7 - Almost forgot, but had to pull the tape off before leaving the house this morning... a Glade diffuser, in my BF's favourite scent, the Pineapple Mangosteen...

Thanks Juliejolie!!! Will post photo's on Sunday.. might even include a photo of the "Biker" me... if they are PG friendly!

And THANK YOU everyone for the birthday wishes!!!!
    where do you work?? bike chick/gang themed xmas party sounds like a great party! looking forward to seeing pics

Quote Originally Posted by bluzsuz View Post
    So glad he came around - my hubby can get like that by Friday too. With Christmas and all the other added stresses of decorating, shopping, working, baking, cooking etc that the MEN have to do they must get to a point where they blow. (Insert BAZINGA here, that was sarcasm)

Happy Friday HUGS to everyone.

I couldn't get out of my own way today and got NOTHING done, I even took a 'sort of' nap/lay down. I think I am overwhelmed with having to reorganize and put away everything in their spot after the restoration people put everything back in the wrong places. Making a list as I go of deficiancies, scratches etc.
    They didn't:
    - secure the dishwasher when they didn't put it back so it falls forward everytime you open it
    -I can't open my bottom big drawer
    -the fridge and freezer are not where they should be or level
    -the little wine fridge is not levelled
    -pictures are not hung where they were and not level (this sent dh over the edge, he is ANAL about wall hangings and level etc.),
    -there is a big scratch in the new floor and they just put a table over it
    - there are soft spots in the floor that should have been shimmed
    - trim is missing in several places
    - forgot to re silicone between counter and backsplash

I am tired of being a nag.
    thanks!

you are NOT being a nag! those are very important parts of a kitchen, & sounds like they did some sloppy work. if you havent paid them the full amount yet hold off until the fix everything!

I'm currently hiding on the bedroom floor tucked in behind my bed & a suitcase. My parents came today to help pack. The move is tomorrow, and as much as I adore on Don, he has been completely underestimating a) how much we have, and b) how long it's going to take to pack. His mom/stepdad have come to 'help' a couple of fridays, but that basically involves me entertaining them. He took last friday off to 'pack' but that ended up with him accompanying me to buy more totes/boxes. So, no packing got done. I'm really frustrated. Now, it's just the odds & ends that need to be packed. Hard to do when my parents have made a bigger mess of the condo than not. My dad's been a great help packing the kitchen though. Don't get me wrong. I really need the help and it's been a great help today. But, baby was up crying all night, my mom says she wanted to take care of her today to give me free hands, but then says 'she should be sleeping' while she looks at the baby beside her crying. Like pick up the f'ing baby, and cuddle her!!! C'mon people!

K, sorry. I'm crying cause I'm tired & frustrated. Don thinks that taking care of the stereo equipment and bar supplies (ie/alcohol) is enough. Ummm...yah.
    I am sorry to hear that you are having a rough day! crying babies, lack of sleep and unhelpful helpful family members can be hard. but just think hopefully in a week's time you will be all settle in in your new place. i found a strong drink help me in situations like this or a box of chocolates lol hopefully your munchkin sleeeps for you tonight, thinking of you ((hugs))
    Jezebel, wendyjane and PammieD like this.
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

moving is ONE of the big stressful events in life - if you can grab a shower(one of the only times I have headspace to myself - usually) once your head is clear come out issuing orders - "mom, here's a box can you empty cupboard x" "dad can you take little mouse for a walk"..."Don, stop being a di#k and pack the....." ;/

RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

LMAO luv that ^^^ im hiring you to work my moving crew wendyjane.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

Wow.. I think we are all having a rough day.

When I have one of these days, I "put my troubles in a bag along with some other troubles I have heard about on the news, from a friend, etc" Guess what... 9/10, I would prefer to keep my own troubles. This helps in keeping me "centered" and after, I can always think of/find something to be thankful for.

Today is day #2 of a wicked headache. I was crying last night because it was so bad... was hoping(and praying) that it would be gone today. No luck. My medication isn't touching it. But, it could be worse.

But what did bring a smile to my face was day #7's gift. MUCH needed train riding supplies. Post-it notes and tape. I hate paying for tape. I think it should be free. HA HA HA!!

This is the photo of today's gift along with yesterdays.

Bluz, so far... you have been BANG ON!! Thanks for all the thought you put into this package for me. It makes my heart smile daily
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by pumpkin9211; Fri, Dec 7th, 2012 at 04:51 PM.
    Jezebel, Ceren, wendyjane and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    432 (100%)

Wow, it's been a craptastic day all around...

julesie-pie -glad you and DH have things sorted
    Bluzsuz -you are not nagging at all -they are there to work for you -make them do it to your satisfaction
    PammieD - big hugs and huge sympathy to you, I HATE moving. I hope tomorrow goes smoothly and your little one lets you get some sleep.
    Pumpkin - big hugs heading your way too -hope you feel better soon.

we've had an awful day here too -I'm having a glass of wine and ordering in dinner -I'm done for the day!
    Last edited by CouponLadybird; Fri, Dec 7th, 2012 at 04:57 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

so it seems its my turn for a crappy "i need to vent" story.

My basement is flooded!!!! we're talking a solid 4-5 inches of water in our spare/storage room. This is the room where i store our little stockpile, all the seasonal stuff, memory boxes and of course, the christmas presents. ALL of them! I was done shopping and wrapping as of 2 days ago and now the room is full of effing water!

I was in tears trying to save everything but it turns out we got REALLY lucky and most of it is salvageable....the floors and trim maybe not so much but i guess that is what insurance is for. I'm just praying to the house gods that we wont' have to deal with any mold issues down the road. YIKES!

I'm super thankful we got our butts in gear last month and decided to really organize things last month so most stuff was on shelves and our treasured memory boxes and pictures etc had just been moved into plastic bins from the old cardboard bankers boxes they were in. Would have lost those for sure had we not done that! Phew!

Downside - going to have to seriously rework the december budget and get creative to replace some Christmas presents. We were able to save some but, of course, the most expensive one's are pretty much toast

The advent train was also on the floor and there were a few casualties including a book and colouring book for the kids and 2 fpc's for me but i think everything else was pretty safe in the plastic packaging. Trish, most of your lovely wrapping is no more but a good chunk of the kid ones were on top so they're still untouched. no ideas what days are left at the moment but i will try to get reorganized and post pics of what has been "unwrapped".

I'll tell you one thing, my hairdryer has been getting a serious workout today haha
    missbee217 likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

ok i'm just reading some of the other posts is today cursed or something? WTF?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wendyjane View Post
    moving is ONE of the big stressful events in life - if you can grab a shower(one of the only times I have headspace to myself - usually) once your head is clear come out issuing orders - "mom, here's a box can you empty cupboard x" "dad can you take little mouse for a walk"..."Don, stop being a di#k and pack the....." ;/

hahaha your'e awesome!
    missbee217 likes this.

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

PammieD - moving sucks! When I moved in here with my ex 6 years ago he was no help, he would pick up a box say "it's not mine" and put it back down, he didn't even move it to the room it belonged to, we were in a rush at the end just to get everything in the house. I was so mad! I'm planning to move in May to a hopefully bigger/nicer place, and am dreading the packing, move & unpacking. End result is totally worth it of course. So hang in there! I can't imagine doing it with a newborn.

YellowTamborine!! OMGosh!! That would be terrible. My parent's basement flooded shortly after they moved into their current house, the insurance paid to have it all redone, they had to go up 2 or 3 feet because of how moisture wicks and anything wooden in the water at all got replaced. I hope you're able to get everything sorted, and at least those memories are in plastic! Your insurance won't cover any of the gifts that were lost? I realize it'd take time of course but it might be possible.

Trading Score
    432 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YellowTamborine View Post
    so it seems its my turn for a crappy "i need to vent" story.

My basement is flooded!!!! we're talking a solid 4-5 inches of water in our spare/storage room. This is the room where i store our little stockpile, all the seasonal stuff, memory boxes and of course, the christmas presents. ALL of them! I was done shopping and wrapping as of 2 days ago and now the room is full of effing water!

I was in tears trying to save everything but it turns out we got REALLY lucky and most of it is salvageable....the floors and trim maybe not so much but i guess that is what insurance is for. I'm just praying to the house gods that we wont' have to deal with any mold issues down the road. YIKES!

I'm super thankful we got our butts in gear last month and decided to really organize things last month so most stuff was on shelves and our treasured memory boxes and pictures etc had just been moved into plastic bins from the old cardboard bankers boxes they were in. Would have lost those for sure had we not done that! Phew!

Downside - going to have to seriously rework the december budget and get creative to replace some Christmas presents. We were able to save some but, of course, the most expensive one's are pretty much toast

The advent train was also on the floor and there were a few casualties including a book and colouring book for the kids and 2 fpc's for me but i think everything else was pretty safe in the plastic packaging. Trish, most of your lovely wrapping is no more but a good chunk of the kid ones were on top so they're still untouched. no ideas what days are left at the moment but i will try to get reorganized and post pics of what has been "unwrapped".

I'll tell you one thing, my hairdryer has been getting a serious workout today haha
    Hugs to you too! That is awful!
    wendyjane likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gwennad View Post
    PammieD - moving sucks! When I moved in here with my ex 6 years ago he was no help, he would pick up a box say "it's not mine" and put it back down, he didn't even move it to the room it belonged to, we were in a rush at the end just to get everything in the house. I was so mad! I'm planning to move in May to a hopefully bigger/nicer place, and am dreading the packing, move & unpacking. End result is totally worth it of course. So hang in there! I can't imagine doing it with a newborn.

YellowTamborine!! OMGosh!! That would be terrible. My parent's basement flooded shortly after they moved into their current house, the insurance paid to have it all redone, they had to go up 2 or 3 feet because of how moisture wicks and anything wooden in the water at all got replaced. I hope you're able to get everything sorted, and at least those memories are in plastic! Your insurance won't cover any of the gifts that were lost? I realize it'd take time of course but it might be possible.
    I'm dont' think insurance will cover the gifts. I know i said "expensive" but i'm not talking like big screen tv's or anything like that. I dont' know my husband is already dealing with that stuff and someone is actually coming out to take a look at it tomorrow! I can't beleive how quick they are but it turns out my he knows some people who were able to speed up the process and his brother is a tradesman so we have soe help ther in getting it all fixed asap so we can limit the damage as much as possible.

It SERIOUSLY SUCKS but could have been a million times worse and if it was doomed to happen i'm glad i'm doin this now rather than 2 weeks from now!

Thank you ladies for your thoughts. This forum is a great therapy outlet hahhaha

Thread Information