User Tag List

Page 343 of 493 FirstFirst ... 243 293 333 341 342 343 344 345 353 393 443 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,145 of 7391
Like Tree26435Likes

Thread: Jezebel's Surprise Advent Package Train

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

Well, I'm sending hugs to everyone on this train... it seems like today was "the day" for Murphy to visit most of us.

Stupid Murphy and his law... go the f*** home. HA!

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by garbagepicker View Post
    YAY! i GOT A BIG CONTAINER OF GREEN GLITTER!!!!WOOHOO AND THANK-YOU Glennad! I am a geek for glitter!!!! I do not know what DD got as I made it to yoga early this am and I come back home and DD + DH head out the door! Love getting my work out out of the way first thing! Just does not happen as often as I would like...
    Jezz is so amazing and her missing out on a pkg is very wrong,however many angels are making it right..I am also missing out on the joy of seeing Julie and her daughter post about their presents,I did a double package for them and am very disapointed not to know what is happening with it,I wish Julie a speedy recovery.
    Jezz is the most giving person I know! Did you see that amazing cake she made for my friend and her family??
    G
    Hey "G",

Did you happen to take pictures of the presents or the wraped prezzies? If so, I would love to see them and I'm sure I am not the only one....

My heart is sad for you... so much of this "train experience" is seeing the posts of your buddy and the gifts for them.

I'm positive you sent a beautiful package!!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

love to see pics too. I bet its beautiful.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

Is there a full moon out? Geez.... Bad luck and crappy days all around HUGS to everyone!

Heres the pic of Day 6 & 7 (sorry so blurry...)
    Jezebel, Ceren, wendyjane and 4 others like this.

Subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly VLOG updates on deals, couponing, & price matching. Happy couponing!
    www.youtube.com/user/SavvyCouponingMomJ

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

FFs! MIL is calling now to see when they can come visit in the new place before we go to the Soo. They want to 'help' unpack. Their 'helping' pack was me entertaining. I've now just flipped this so that they're babysitting so we can go to DH's work party (the party party, not the client party). Hahaha - suckers! Mama's making formula and gettin' er done! We have a spare room now in the new place so they're going to babysit. So, as I sit here pumping, I've confiscated DH's beer and am using being hooked up to a machine as an excuse to sit here & get wasted on a third of a beer! Muhahahaha

Hope everyone has a better weekend. TGIF doesnt really seem to be worth us waiting for today!

Tamborine, your hubby may find that contents are covered (including Christmas gifts) if you have flood coverage. It may just be that you have to pay the deductible, which you'd have to pay for any other contents hat are damaged (other the gifts). I dunno. Just making sh!t up now! Fingers crossed for you!

So, is it wrong that I want to start shopping for another wish list? Lol. I totally should have done the mini train...I just didn't think it was that practical with the move etc. duh...still doesn't stop me from wanting to totally overextend myself (and shop! Lol)

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by CouponLadybird View Post
    Wow, it's been a craptastic day all around...

julesie-pie -glad you and DH have things sorted
    Bluzsuz -you are not nagging at all -they are there to work for you -make them do it to your satisfaction
    PammieD - big hugs and huge sympathy to you, I HATE moving. I hope tomorrow goes smoothly and your little one lets you get some sleep.
    Pumpkin - big hugs heading your way too -hope you feel better soon.

we've had an awful day here too -I'm having a glass of wine and ordering in dinner -I'm done for the day!
    I had popcorn and chocolate for dinner. I am i thinking of washing it down with a caramilk cooler than going to sleep!

Quote Originally Posted by YellowTamborine View Post
    so it seems its my turn for a crappy "i need to vent" story.

My basement is flooded!!!! we're talking a solid 4-5 inches of water in our spare/storage room. This is the room where i store our little stockpile, all the seasonal stuff, memory boxes and of course, the christmas presents. ALL of them! I was done shopping and wrapping as of 2 days ago and now the room is full of effing water!

I was in tears trying to save everything but it turns out we got REALLY lucky and most of it is salvageable....the floors and trim maybe not so much but i guess that is what insurance is for. I'm just praying to the house gods that we wont' have to deal with any mold issues down the road. YIKES!

I'm super thankful we got our butts in gear last month and decided to really organize things last month so most stuff was on shelves and our treasured memory boxes and pictures etc had just been moved into plastic bins from the old cardboard bankers boxes they were in. Would have lost those for sure had we not done that! Phew!

Downside - going to have to seriously rework the december budget and get creative to replace some Christmas presents. We were able to save some but, of course, the most expensive one's are pretty much toast

The advent train was also on the floor and there were a few casualties including a book and colouring book for the kids and 2 fpc's for me but i think everything else was pretty safe in the plastic packaging. Trish, most of your lovely wrapping is no more but a good chunk of the kid ones were on top so they're still untouched. no ideas what days are left at the moment but i will try to get reorganized and post pics of what has been "unwrapped".

I'll tell you one thing, my hairdryer has been getting a serious workout today haha
    that sucks! at least you were able to save most of your stuff - especially your memory boxes!

Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post
    FFs! MIL is calling now to see when they can come visit in the new place before we go to the Soo. They want to 'help' unpack. Their 'helping' pack was me entertaining. I've now just flipped this so that they're babysitting so we can go to DH's work party (the party party, not the client party). Hahaha - suckers! Mama's making formula and gettin' er done! We have a spare room now in the new place so they're going to babysit. So, as I sit here pumping, I've confiscated DH's beer and am using being hooked up to a machine as an excuse to sit here & get wasted on a third of a beer! Muhahahaha

Hope everyone has a better weekend. TGIF doesnt really seem to be worth us waiting for today!

Tamborine, your hubby may find that contents are covered (including Christmas gifts) if you have flood coverage. It may just be that you have to pay the deductible, which you'd have to pay for any other contents hat are damaged (other the gifts). I dunno. Just making sh!t up now! Fingers crossed for you!

So, is it wrong that I want to start shopping for another wish list? Lol. I totally should have done the mini train...I just didn't think it was that practical with the move etc. duh...still doesn't stop me from wanting to totally overextend myself (and shop! Lol)
    good job roping your inlaws in for babysitting duty! enjoy your beer
    Jezebel likes this.
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

I can TOTALLY relate to this

Name:  Getting old.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  21.3 KB

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

BIG HUGS TO EVERYONE!!! Sounds like everyone is having a not so great day. =( I've been having my own mixed day but nothing compared to what everyone else is going through. ugh. I hope everyone's day gets better. You guys are all such wonderful ladies (and one gentleman) and you all deserve good things coming to you.

homemade soap question - I'm not sure depending on scents as I'm a bit sensitive but definitely willing to try...if you are making this for me...I would love printed instructions on how you did it too so that I can copy you! =) part of the crafting of 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by julesie-pie View Post
    **rant alert**

I woke up in such good spirits this morning, amazed by the generousity and kindness of a complete stranger! The spirit of Christmas and goodwill does exist! I will definitely be paying this forward!

Sadly though, I was also shown (by those closest to me) that the spirit of Christmas does not exist for everyone.

After opening today's gift my hubby informed me that I have ruined christmas for DD by participating in this train (as a result of this all remaining gifts for DD will not be opened until christmas day - I am very sorry CLB - I truly appreciate all your thought and hardwork that went into this package (i will still continue to open the ones for me when my DD is not around))

The second thing that happened today relates to the 2 children I watch. Its a sad as their mother doesnt really care about them. She cares that they are looked after but doesnt want to be the one to look after them and spends as little time with them as possible. So, I always try to do little things for them. When I saw that they didnt have advent calendars, I gave them the ones for Scott and I from this train (i think i might have mentioned this a few days back) and explained to them how it works only eating 1 chocolate a day as apparently they have never had one. I put them on the top of their fridge and all was going well until today. the little girl (almost 4) had eaten all her chocolates... when I asked her how she manage to get it from the top of the fridge, she told me her mother gave it to her and let her eat all the chocolates.... I am hurt and saddened that her mother could take the magic and joy of an advent calendar away from her daughter...
    Quote Originally Posted by julesie-pie View Post
    Thanks Ladies! Your kind words definitely helped make me feel better!

Hubby called a little while away to apologize. He said that he had been thinking about what he said and he didnt mean to hurt my feelings. He said he was tired and it came out wrong and he was just trying to express his opinion. His opinion is -- that opening a present every day for a month takes away the expectation and excitment of christmas day. As for him feeling left out, he is literally indifferent to christmas and presents (im serious!). His family never really made a big deal about christmas. (He told me once that christmas was fun until his parents divorced - im thinking this has something to do with it). Anyways we have decided (together) to save all the gifts for Hannah and have her open them christmas morning (and I will make sure to post a photo of everything on christmas day!) I will still open the gifts to me and the family!
    Quote Originally Posted by Armygirl76 View Post
    So my wonderful husband made me cry happy tears today, Last night my old Sewing machine finally died right in the middle of my mini train buddy's present. I was so upset I started crying and threaten to throw it in the snow bank. This morning when I walked into work after my appointment and found a brand new basic sewing machine on my desk. DH had slipped out of work and used some money he had been saving from refreeing soccer to buy me new machine so I could finish my gift.
    Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post
    I'm currently hiding on the bedroom floor tucked in behind my bed & a suitcase. My parents came today to help pack. The move is tomorrow, and as much as I adore on Don, he has been completely underestimating a) how much we have, and b) how long it's going to take to pack. His mom/stepdad have come to 'help' a couple of fridays, but that basically involves me entertaining them. He took last friday off to 'pack' but that ended up with him accompanying me to buy more totes/boxes. So, no packing got done. I'm really frustrated. Now, it's just the odds & ends that need to be packed. Hard to do when my parents have made a bigger mess of the condo than not. My dad's been a great help packing the kitchen though. Don't get me wrong. I really need the help and it's been a great help today. But, baby was up crying all night, my mom says she wanted to take care of her today to give me free hands, but then says 'she should be sleeping' while she looks at the baby beside her crying. Like pick up the f'ing baby, and cuddle her!!! C'mon people!

K, sorry. I'm crying cause I'm tired & frustrated. Don thinks that taking care of the stereo equipment and bar supplies (ie/alcohol) is enough. Ummm...yah.
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowTamborine View Post
    so it seems its my turn for a crappy "i need to vent" story.

My basement is flooded!!!! we're talking a solid 4-5 inches of water in our spare/storage room. This is the room where i store our little stockpile, all the seasonal stuff, memory boxes and of course, the christmas presents. ALL of them! I was done shopping and wrapping as of 2 days ago and now the room is full of effing water!

I was in tears trying to save everything but it turns out we got REALLY lucky and most of it is salvageable....the floors and trim maybe not so much but i guess that is what insurance is for. I'm just praying to the house gods that we wont' have to deal with any mold issues down the road. YIKES!

I'm super thankful we got our butts in gear last month and decided to really organize things last month so most stuff was on shelves and our treasured memory boxes and pictures etc had just been moved into plastic bins from the old cardboard bankers boxes they were in. Would have lost those for sure had we not done that! Phew!

Downside - going to have to seriously rework the december budget and get creative to replace some Christmas presents. We were able to save some but, of course, the most expensive one's are pretty much toast

The advent train was also on the floor and there were a few casualties including a book and colouring book for the kids and 2 fpc's for me but i think everything else was pretty safe in the plastic packaging. Trish, most of your lovely wrapping is no more but a good chunk of the kid ones were on top so they're still untouched. no ideas what days are left at the moment but i will try to get reorganized and post pics of what has been "unwrapped".

I'll tell you one thing, my hairdryer has been getting a serious workout today haha
    Jezebel likes this.

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 120
Size:  121.4 KB

here's day 5, 6, and 7! Today I rec'd a snowman mug with a packet of hot chocolate. Thank you Bear25!

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

this year we couldn't put up our tree because my nephew whom I live with eats the pine needles that fall off of it. it's ok though as I still managed to do a really nice decoration with some scrapbook paper.

this is the mini tree that my sisters bought me. I finally figured out a way to display my keychain collection from around the world. each keychain is from a place that either I have travelled or someone in my family has travelled. between all of us we've been to every continent except south america...and Antarctica. enjoy!

Attachment 150730

Attachment 150731

off to organize some coupons now. my binder is such a mess and have to make sure I use as many dec.31 expiries as possible. any good sales out there this weekend?

talk to you all soon!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Jezebel; Fri, Dec 7th, 2012 at 08:14 PM.

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

sorry for the upsidedown repeated photo. guess I still need some help with the photo-ing on SC. haha.
    Jezebel likes this.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

OMG dlee that is the MOST awesome coolest tree and decorating idea i've ever seen!!!!!!!!! SO freakin neat.. as my kids would say 'sick'.. seriously.. what a way to display a treasured collection. and i love your tree.. im almost missing my white tree now.. hmm wonder if i can convince hubby to dig it out..
    Jezebel, julesie-pie and dlee like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

HAHA didnt even realize til you pointed it out that it was upside down LMAO!
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

Thank you!!!!!! I'm so happy with it!! One of my more creative ideas. Trying to decide if I want to keep it up all year. Haha.

Photos are right side up now.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    HAHA didnt even realize til you pointed it out that it was upside down LMAO!
    Jezebel and garbagepicker like this.

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Oh mercy me... my son was complaining his tummy hurt, no fever and he hasn't eaten anything today, so my bright idea is his tummy is empty and needs something in it. He has one chip, and then a bottle of milk as he's very tired and it's bedtime. Cue the screaming crying "mommy mommy" wail. Go up. I didn't know one chip and 8 oz of milk could make such a mess and look so ... well... disgusting! He's crying becuase it's on everything, including his NuNu's, so off come the pj's everything ready for the washer, hope it takes out sour chunky milk cause I was not rinsing. Clean him up, he's crying because his NuNu needs a bath now... oh my. What a day!! what a week lol. Guess his tummy really did hurt. Of course, for his birthday Sunday, and SDM, Metro & M&M shopping tomorrow, for the party and just cause we need groceries. Knew I should have done some shopping today. AHH!
    Jezebel likes this.

Thread Information