Thread: Jezebel's Surprise Advent Package Train

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

I love to bake, I do it all

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

and she does it all with just an apron and a smile on her face . kidding!!!
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

I don't bake. I burn. So if you like extra dark on the bottom cookies and something extra dry and crispy then, I am who you want.

Hubby bakes. Like a champ! My favorite = his cheesecake!

Trading Score
    390 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by K8's Fate View Post
    Okay...
    There have been so many questions / pages, so I do apologize if this has already been asked...

Buddy, do you like to bake?
    If yes, what do you like to bake...
    Cakes?
    Cupcakes?
    Muffins?
    Pies?
    Cookies?
    Anything else..?
    LOVE to bake! I'm really getting into decorating (cupcakes, cookies, etc.). I have a small, strange obsession with baking pies. I get crazy excited about any pie tools---cookbooks, mini cookie cutters, pie beads.

Trading Score
    134 (100%)

I love David's Tea I want to quit my job and stay home all day in the winter under my quilt with my pugs sipping tea sigh........ Horrible shameless plug for my buddy

I love the twigs one and it a tie between the red and teal one

And this ornament is so cute ( yah I am a little obsessed with my pugs lol)
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by Armygirl76; Sat, Oct 13th, 2012 at 10:07 PM.
    RSAS likes this.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away"

"because tomorrow is another day"

Trading Score
    204 (100%)

what types of movies do you like to watch? and what is your favourite movie? Thriller, Suspense, Sci Fi, chick flicks and whatever you'd call Harry Potter and Twilight Fantasy maybe? lol
    Chocolate. White or dark? (Dark includes milk choc) White and Milk!
    Fruit or Nuts? Fruit
    Peppermint or Gingerbread? (smell, flavor.. I'm flexible!) Sure!
    Favourite item to stockpile? Anything! I get excited over a great deal!
    Stockpile item you go through the fastest? Toilet paper and Tissues!
    If you have kid(s) that are not on the kids train....are there items that are not allowed to have? My daughter will be 9 and I don't think there is anything she can't have!
    Buddy oh buddy, if you had a unicorn wish, what would it be? A movie for myself! lol I buy everything for my daughter I am starting to forget what I like and need! lol
    Do you like to bake? Sometimes! and Yes to all!

Trading Score
    204 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jody22002 View Post
    Oooooooh, I want an Elf on the Shelf to freak out my teenagers!!

Unicorn Wish? A New Tattoo or a new job.

Rough Day: My son, who is almost 18, has been growing his hair forever. Last night, at dinner, he told me that his bangs were getting too long so what I said was...."Trim them. Just don't cut them any higher than your eyebrows."

HE CUT THEM ABOUT HALF AN INCH LONG!! Seriously, there was about an inch and a half between his eyebrows and his bangs. He looked ridiculous. I had to hunt around and find someone to cut his hair today because he cannot go to work or school looking like that. He now has very short hair much to his dismay. Teenagers suck.
    Wow that is quite short! I hate cutting bangs! My daughter can't stay still for the life of her and it makes it so hard to get her bangs looking right! I have to cut a couple times and then let her have a break to move around! She is a very fidgety gal!! *hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by slambert View Post
    I hope this does not offend anyone and if I'm breaking any rules by posting this please remove it I will not be offended in the least...my son has been taking part in the Children's Wish Walk for Wishes since 2007 when he got his wish to go on a Disney Cruise. In total he has raised over $25000 since then on his own (with a little help from Mom and Dad of course) by knocking on doors in our neighborhood and asking friends and family. This year he set himself a goal of $8000, he put together a live auction and combined with his canvassing he is at $7338.52 this year, and the walk is on Sunday. He plans to spend all day tomorrow out knocking on doors until he gets his goal. If any of you are looking for a charity to support this year every little pledge will bring him that much closer to his goal. Here is his online link for anyone that is interested. Thank you ladies

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...langPref=en-CA
    Oh WOW!!!! That is so great of him!! We were sponsored through the Children's wish foundation last summer! My family has mentioned trying to do this but things have been really difficult this year health wise. Are you able to accept donations through Paypal? I don't have a credit card!

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Juliep_coupons View Post
    Wow that is quite short! I hate cutting bangs! My daughter can't stay still for the life of her and it makes it so hard to get her bangs looking right! I have to cut a couple times and then let her have a break to move around! She is a very fidgety gal!! *hugs*

Oh WOW!!!! That is so great of him!! We were sponsored through the Children's wish foundation last summer! My family has mentioned trying to do this but things have been really difficult this year health wise. Are you able to accept donations through Paypal? I don't have a credit card!
    Yep - I did PayPal last night with no problem

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Juliep_coupons View Post

Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post
    Yep - I did PayPal last night with no problem
    Thanks PammieD, I had no idea you could use paypal for donations...good to know. Thanks JulieP It's a great organization that's for sure!

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by slambert View Post
    Thanks PammieD, I had no idea you could use paypal for donations...good to know. Thanks JulieP It's a great organization that's for sure!
    Yep, Ive really only been using it more often these days cause I'm too lazy to get my butt off the couch to grab my credit card (got a replacement one so don't have the number memorized yet...prob for the best! Lol).

Trading Score
    303 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizardqueen78 View Post
    Question to buddy: if you have kid(s) that are not on the kids train....are there items that are not allowed to have?
    My son is 7 so not much that he can't have, but would rather that he not get toy guns. hubby and i feel that they don't teach a child respect for the weapon. instead he goes out chicken hunting with my dad and he loves going. he does not get to shoot the gun, but is learning the proper use for one!

Quote Originally Posted by dlee View Post
    QUESTION TIME!!!! =)

Buddy oh buddy, if youhada unicorn wish, what would it be?
    (Such as something you don't think it exists, something you've looked high and low for and can't find, or something that you wish existed etc.)

this is more just for fun and it would be cool to see if we can make unicorn wishes come true! =)
    Ok i think i have a few.....LOL
    1- a hubby that would do all the house cleaning once in a while (if not then just the dishes, i hate them....LOL)
    2- a hubby that would like to go out for a nite on the town once in a while. trying to get him out is like pulling teeth.
    3- to have my baby about 2 weeks early so that my mom is not busy at shawshank's flower shop helping her thru the busy season and can be at the birth
    4- a maid
    5- the school bus to come past our place and pick my son up and drop him off instead of going about 3 blocks for it
    6- Gerber grins and giggles Oatmeal scent baby body wash. (have not seen it in years and want to use it with the newest addition. it is all i used for my son and loved the scent!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by NickiB View Post
    I have a confession.... I can cook just about any type of cuisine you throw at me, and I can decorate a cake in my sleep.. however, I CANNOT BOIL AN EGG! I've tried every tip known to man for making hard boiled eggs, and every time I peel them, they come out looking like the surface of the moon!

So... finally getting to read my flyers just now, I noticed Canadian Tire has "Eggies" on sale for 50% off this week. So buddy, if you really really love me, and need a "knock her socks off" gift, this is it! I sooo love deviled eggs, and taking them to work, but am too embarrassed because they look so awful!

P.S. Still thinking on the unicorn.... OK, back to my flyers...
    When i make hard boiled eggs, i put them in the cold water in the pot and then bring them to a boil. once the water is boiling, i let it boil hard for about 7 minutes. then i drain the hot water and fill the pot with cold water and just let the cold water run over the eggs. let it sit for a few minutes, drain and refill with cold water again. if the water warms up a bit from the eggs, drain and refill with the cold water. once the water does not warm up, i will take the eggs out one by one and crack it all over so that the shell is broken all over. i will start peeling the egg where the air bubble was on the inside of the shell. usually peels really well. have never really had a problem with the eggs gouging out when peeled.
    hope this helps!!

Okay...
    There have been so many questions / pages, so I do apologize if this has already been asked...

Buddy, do you like to bake?
    Cakes?
    Cupcakes?
    Muffins?
    Pies?
    Cookies?
    Anything else..?
    am starting to bake more and more now that i am not working. i have baked all of the above, making my first pie about a week ago (and it turned out....LOL). also have tried making bread this past weekend too!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

Okay...

Buddy, do you like to bake? yup
    Cakes? Sometimes
    Cupcakes? yes
    Muffins? yes for sure! I love making healthy muffins because my boys eat them like they are cupcakes
    Pies? I make a mean pumpkin pie
    Cookies? yuppers, chocolate chip, oatmeal, yummy yum
    Quote Originally Posted by Armygirl76 View Post
    I love David's Tea I want to quit my job and stay home all day in the winter under my quilt with my pugs sipping tea sigh........ Horrible shameless plug for my buddy
    OMG Davids Tea is awesome! Love love love it

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

I want to like David's Tea but the only two times I went, I managed to pick something I didn't like. What kind are you guys drinking?

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I'm going to have to start writing down the last page I've read or I'll drive myself nuts trying to catch up here!

Yes, I have a camera.
    Of all the homemade canned food mentioned, I like jam best.
    I wish I could wear wool but it gives me a rash .
    I only listen to cd's at work during the holiday. I don't watch tv but will maybe watch a movie once or twice a year. My mind tends to wander and I get bored quickly in front of a television set so, only the most riveting of movies can keep my attention (last one I absolutely loved was Avatar).
    Books: I can't think of any particular one I'd like but, I do love reading! I don't have any real preferences to kinds of books (although I do enjoy most authors with a sense of humour) but I don't like horror nor Harlequin type books. I did recently finish reading my son's Eragon trilogy and I loved it! Anything Oprah likes, I usually do too, lol. Used is perfect!
    I prefer showers over baths.
    Both fruits and nuts.
    Peppermint.
    Favourite item to stockpile all year long is frozen fruit. During the colder months, peanut butter (we share with the birds that visit the buffet...err...feeding station.
    Unicorn wish...I used to have a Steiff teddy bear when I was a little girl (given to me by my aunt in Europe). He was stolen when our house was broken into, as were the few toys I had. 35+ years later and I'd still like to have him back .
    I love baking muffins and cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Armygirl76 View Post
    Ahhh that what really get you threw the teen years messing with them. he he!
    When my guys were wee little brats, I used to promise them I'd get them back when they were teenagers. My time has come and I'm enjoying every minute of it, lol.

Rough Day: My son, who is almost 18, has been growing his hair forever. Last night, at dinner, he told me that his bangs were getting too long so what I said was...."Trim them. Just don't cut them any higher than your eyebrows."

HE CUT THEM ABOUT HALF AN INCH LONG!! Seriously, there was about an inch and a half between his eyebrows and his bangs. He looked ridiculous. I had to hunt around and find someone to cut his hair today because he cannot go to work or school looking like that. He now has very short hair much to his dismay. Teenagers suck.
    Oh no!! I hope he gets used to the shortness quickly and it won't bother him. If it's any consolation, my 16 year old, who hasn't had his long blonde hair cut in over 3 years, came home one week before school started with green hair. His let his girl friends try to dye it blue and it turned out green instead . He said he would cut it (over my dead body!) if it didn't wash out before school started. Thankfully, it faded some but now it just looks dirty, ugh.
    julesie-pie likes this.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    134 (100%)

I want to like David's Tea but the only two times I went, I managed to pick something I didn't like. What kind are you guys drinking?
    My current favourite is cinnamon heart and Chili chocolate chia. I like a fruity tea just on it own with a dribble of honey, current favs strawberry rhubarb parfait. I do not like Rooibos tea all I taste is wood, and the nut ones can be yucky. I had Movie night and by the end it taste like warm butter ewww
    When I go to the Cancer centre I always pick up a couple samples about 20-25g of something this time I am picking up Big Apple and hot lips

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away"

"because tomorrow is another day"

Page 68 of 493 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 168 ... LastLast

Thread Information