User Tag List

Page 92 of 493 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 7391
Like Tree26435Likes

Thread: Jezebel's Surprise Advent Package Train

Trading Score
    204 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shawlightning View Post
    I have fibromyalgia. i have found that by watching what i eat i have managed to keep it under control. i had done some research and was able to find an article about food to avoid and by watching what i eat and what flares it up, i have managed to keep it under control, drug free.
    they wanted to put my on a whole bunch of heavy duty meds to help control it but at the time my son was 3 and i did not want to be doped up on everything. don't get me wrong, i still have days where it flares up, but the odd day i can handle.
    I wish that could be for my Mom, she has had some other issues that have made everything worse! She had a car accident when she was 18 and was in a neck brace for a long time. And she has slip discs and some of the discs in her spine are fusing together. She is on a lot of medication and has a problem absorbing so the medication doesn't work like it should!

I am glad you are doing well without meds! Which foods have you eliminated?

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlmama04 View Post
    Buddy would you prefer me to send some FPC's / HV coupons, or all presents.
    I ditto Shawlightning! I am happy with whatever is sent as well!!

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

either/or would be fine

Subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly VLOG updates on deals, couponing, & price matching. Happy couponing!
    www.youtube.com/user/SavvyCouponingMomJ

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

PammieD, I pm'd you about the weight loss group on FB!

Subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly VLOG updates on deals, couponing, & price matching. Happy couponing!
    www.youtube.com/user/SavvyCouponingMomJ

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

Buddy, sorry, I ate your present! oops. It was just too tempting.

what ever you want to give me is fine

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Apron while cooking/baking? No, I don't although I should .
    Samples? I love the John Frieda shampoo & conditioner.
    Bulk Barn? Absolutely ok with it. I wish I had one close to me too.
    Coupons? I'm perfectly fine with coupons. Whatever makes my buddy happy to give will make me happy to receive .
    Jezebel likes this.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Shawlightening, I'd also like to learn about what changes to your diet helped with the fibromyalgia. I'm on Lyrica right now for it and I can't stand how ditzy it makes me .
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I seriously need to come on here more often sheesh, I'm only on plage 87 so more posts coming as I go but I'm mobile and this thing gives me attitude when I try to multicultural...anyway

I am a libra

I will gladly take any excess weight - boob or otherwise - that any of you would like to dispose of. I know I'm about to become the most hated person on here but I actually have more trouble gaining weight than losing it (as I duck and cover) I've always had crazy metabolism and I'm pretty active but being scoffed at for how skinny you are isn't always ideal either. I would kill for curves! Embrace them ladies! On a related note I've been asking Santa to bring m boobs snce I was a teenager but alas b is as far down the alphabet as I've been long live the itty bitty titty committee

Jez have you been counting the obscene number of hours it takes you to keep up with this crazy train?....insert ozzy here

To be continued
    Last edited by YellowTamborine; Tue, Oct 16th, 2012 at 11:09 PM.
    julesie-pie and Coupmama like this.

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    HEH Buddy.. do you wear an apron while cooking/baking.?
    Yes! I LOVE aprons and never cook without them!

Quote Originally Posted by MeShell View Post
    Buddy, is there any samples you're always wanting and would like me to throw in your package?
    Finish, Cascade ActionPacs, razors, Pantene, Dawn, Tide, Magic Erasers, razors (Gillette Fusion, especially!)...I am sure there are more; I do love samples!

Quote Originally Posted by trish1980 View Post

Oh buddy,

are you offended if someone gets you treats at bulk barn and puts them in a tin or baggie??
    Of course not!

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin9211 View Post
    BAHAHAHAHAHAH! I just thought of something. Instead of CSI (crime scene investigators)... WE are SCI (smart canucks investigators) *snicker* I kill me! LOL!
    LOL!
    That is hilarious!

I am happy with whatever!

Quote Originally Posted by RSAS View Post
    Buddy, sorry, I ate your present! oops. It was just too tempting.
    LOL!
    Last edited by missbee217; Wed, Oct 17th, 2012 at 12:39 PM.
    RRLF: Cineplex Passes, Optimum Points (and my sanity...I think I lost it a while back )

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

For samples I am also a finish fan as well as ladies razors. I got some great aveeno lip moisturizer a while back that was pretty awesome too

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

OR you could be counting how many questions are being asked....or how many drinks it would require to actually sit down and count that without getting confused haha. Whatever it is I'm guessing it's a damn high number haha
    Ceren likes this.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I feel like I've missed so much in this thread lately, as I've been so busy!

IEPs (Individual Education Plans) went home by today in Ontario elementary schools. As a Spec. Ed. Teacher that meant assessing, consulting, preparing, editing and sending home 60+ IEPs for students requiring accommodations, modifications, and alternative education.

It's the law that these documents be sent home by the 30th day of school. So any parents in Ontario with students on IEPs, be sure that you receive your son or daughter's updated IEP for this school year.

I'm now able to devote more of my time to teaching these amazing kids at school and this thread at home, now that these documents have been updated.
    Last edited by K8's Fate; Tue, Oct 16th, 2012 at 11:10 PM.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Phew I think I'm done reading and no doubt I've almost certainly missed something sorry buddy.

Oh please don' send me anything unwrapped from the bulk barn...I once had the pleasure? of viewing some of their security footage once...EEP!!!

I could, however, use an apron now that you mention it

Trading Score
    303 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Juliep_coupons View Post
    I wish that could be for my Mom, she has had some other issues that have made everything worse! She had a car accident when she was 18 and was in a neck brace for a long time. And she has slip discs and some of the discs in her spine are fusing together. She is on a lot of medication and has a problem absorbing so the medication doesn't work like it should!

I am glad you are doing well without meds! Which foods have you eliminated?
    sorry to hear that your mom is having such trouble with it, but you are right, all the other things going on for her do not help. i will post the link to the website that i had found down below!!!

Quote Originally Posted by snuffaluffagus View Post
    Shawlightening, I'd also like to learn about what changes to your diet helped with the fibromyalgia. I'm on Lyrica right now for it and I can't stand how ditzy it makes me .

ok i ended up just copying and pasting the article. i still have dairy, potatos, and certain foods that it says to avoid. i have found thru trial and error that some affect me not all. my biggest triggers are the aspartame (i get nasty migraines), MSG (i feel like i have the flu, you know that run over by a truck feeling), nitrates in excess (i can have a bologna sandwich but a few slices of bacon is too much and causes swelling in my hands). the other thing that i have found that helps with the joint pain is lasix (a diuretic). for me the pain and swelling in the joints comes from a build up of fluid so the lasix helps to get rid of it quicker.
    Fibromyalgia and 7 foods to avoid. By Webb MD

by Lupus/ Fibromyalgia The Battle of The Unknown. on Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 9:28am ·

1. Aspartame (NutraSweet). All the experts WebMD talked to agree that for a large majority of people with fibromyalgia, foods sweetened with aspartame could exacerbate fibromyalgia symptoms.

"There is a pain receptor in the nervous system known as NMDA," says McNett. "When pain turns from acute to chronic, it involves opening the NMDA pain receptor. Aspartame, which is classified as an excitotoxin, helps to stimulate this event." He also says people with fibromyalgia appear to already have overly active NMDA pain receptors, making them more susceptible to the stimulation.

In one study published in the Journal of Rheumatology in 2006, experts found patients with fibromyalgia did have an increased expression of NMDA receptors in their skin. This indicated a general increase in activity of peripheral nerves.
    Holtorf says aspartame may play a role in stimulating those nerve pathways. Then he adds that for some people, "cutting it out of their diet can have a dramatic impact on pain."

That appeared to be the case for patients in one small study published in the Annals of Pharmacotherapy in 2001. Researchers found that, when patients with fibromyalgia avoided aspartame as well as the flavor enhancer MSG, they felt better overall.

Other artificial sweeteners such as Splenda, saccharin, and stevia do not appear to have the same effect as aspartame.

2. Food additives including MSG (monosodium glutamine) and nitrates. MSG is an additive or flavor enhancer that's found in many processed and frozen foods and in some Asian cuisines. Experts say it can intensify pain symptoms in many individuals. Like aspartame, MSG is classified as an excitotoxin and has the same potential for affecting NMDA receptors.

The same is true, says McNett, for foods containing preservatives such as nitrates, commonly found in lunchmeats like ham or bologna or in bacon.

"A lot of people who don't have fibromyalgia can't tolerate nitrates or MSG very well. But one of the hallmarks of this condition is that it amplifies unpleasant reactions," McNett says. "So a stimulus that some people would find mildly unpleasant becomes very unpleasant in those who have fibromyalgia." Cutting these ingredients out of the diet, he adds, usually helps.

3. Sugar, fructose, and simple carbohydrates. There is no clear evidence that cutting out simple carbohydrates -- like sugar, cake, or white bread -- will have an impact on fibromyalgia. What it can do, though, is reduce symptoms of chronic yeast infection -- a fungus that thrives on sugars and may be a secondary condition contributing to the pain of fibromyalgia. This theory, however, is still being debated by experts.

"Cutting out sugary foods, particularly high fructose corn syrup, can make a difference in these patients," says Holtorf. "And that's independent of any weight loss that might occur when they stop eating these foods."

Shikhman adds that cutting out carbonated beverages sweetened with fructose may yield even more noticeable results. That's because the carbonation, he says, causes a metabolic reaction. This reaction results in much more sugar pouring into the blood much more quickly.

"It's this quick rise in blood sugar," Shikhman says, "followed by the subsequent fall that exacerbates the fatigue element of fibromyalgia. That, in turn, creates more cravings for sugar, followed by still more fatigue -- allowing a vicious cycle to develop." Cutting out the sugar, he says, particularly soda, can result in better, more even control of blood sugar. Better control will help reduce fatigue and at least some of the related pain.

4. Caffeine -- including coffee, tea, colas, and chocolate. Because it is considered a stimulant, many fibromyalgia patients turn to caffeine-rich beverages as a source of energy. But McNett says the boost you get is false -- and can quickly exacerbate fatigue.
    "The problem with caffeine is that the 'up' is relatively brief and transient," he says. "And it's followed by substantially longer and deeper sedative effect."

Because people with fibromyalgia are already tired, McNett cautions, those sedative effects can be much more powerful. "They are starting off from a point of fatigue, so the sedative qualities are amplified -- leading to a much deeper and long lasting sense of fatigue."

The good news is that cutting out caffeine can make a difference within less than a week. "Most patients begin to see a difference in their fatigue level almost right away," he says.

5. Yeast and gluten. Although these are two separate food substances, they frequently appear together -- particularly in baked goods like cake, donuts, and bread. For this reason, cutting out one, usually means you are cutting out both. That can actually yield two separate benefits for people with fibromyalgia.

In the case of yeast, some doctors say it fosters the overgrowth of the yeast fungus in the body. This overgrowth may cause or exacerbate much of the joint and muscle pain experienced by people with fibromyalgia. Research, though, has yet to confirm this link.

Gluten can exacerbate a condition known as gluten intolerance. Gluten intolerance, Shikhman says, frequently results in a variety of stomach ailments and other digestive problems. It also is associated with fatigue in patients with fibromyalgia.

"I have seen people with and without fibromyalgia experience enormous positive changes in their health by simply cutting out gluten products," Shikhman says.

6. Dairy. Be they low fat or high fat, some experts say, dairy products -- particularly, milk -- have been known to drive the symptoms of fibromyalgia. Avoiding these products may help some people turn their health around.

On the other hand, if you feel as if milk is doing your body some good, keep chugging a glass or two of skim milk a day. It's got calcium to build bones and protein to build muscle, and it's fat free.

7. Nightshade Plants: Tomatoes, chili and bell peppers, potatoes, and eggplant. There are over 2,000 species of plants that that can be listed under the category of "nightshade." Those which are edible comprise a group that some say can trigger flares of various types of arthritis, including fibromyalgia.

"I have seen patients who do much better when they cut these foods out of their diet," says Holtorf. We're not sure why, but it seems to work in a significant percentage of fibromyalgia patients." At the same time, these vegetables are among the most nutritious. So if they don't trigger your fibro pain, don't ban them from your fridge.
    http://www.webmd.com/fibromyalgia/gu...nection?page=4

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    104 (100%)

Buddy would you prefer me to send some FPC's / HV coupons, or all presents?

I'm okay with whatever you'd like to send me. All presents is awesome, but I'd be happy with some of coupons I listed in my WL too!

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

random correction for my buddy: the type of nail polish I use is OPI not QUO. sorry!

Page 92 of 493 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 192 ... LastLast

Thread Information