• 1 Post By kerrylj
  • 2 Post By RebeccaRYoung
  • 1 Post By sweet sparrow
  • 1 Post By torontogal12

Thread: Holiday Eating Overload! FWP

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Okay so Im the kind of person who eats in moderation.
    i don't do any fancy diet, count calories or any b.s like that.
    I'm a firm believer in eating in moderation.
    SO this weekend so far has thrown me waaay out of whack.

Friday- Was out shopping for halloween costumes with my very pregnant sister, she was starting to feel light headed so on the way back to her place, we stopped and got mcdonalds. bad mistake lol

Yesterday was DB's birthday. So I went a little overboard making a special breakfast of chocolate pancakes and bacon and such.
    4 hours later, we go to his dad's place where they ordered KFC... now I rarely eat KFC because its greasy and gross.
    So I have a good share of it, and now im stock full.. his brother ordered him a fancy cake and insisted on us having some.
    So Chocolate cake is eaten (i only had a small piece thank god)
    After that we went to his mother's place where she produced another cake.
    Had another small piece, then she brings out a bowl of candy.. LOL Nooooooo I'm a sucker for candy
    So i take a few pieces.
    Its about the dinner hour so they decide since it's his birthday let's order in... CHINESE FOOD.
    OMg I honestly thought I was going to burst.

This morning, I Feel LIKE CRAP...
    and I still have to get thru 2 turkey dinners!
    I've been chuggin water and took some zantac
    wish me luck on getting thru 2 more food filled days

first world problem clearly lol
    This thread is currently associated with: KFC, McDonald's, Cake Beauty
    Last edited by c_mcarthur; Sun, Oct 7th, 2012 at 07:32 AM.
    scouserhead, ninna, alicia and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

oh i havent eaten kentucky fried chicken in years yuchhh-but i did pig out at work the other day pizza and cake from costco-came home and ate nothing for supper-but did drink a lot of water and thank goodness we have zantac ehhh-good luck over the next few days

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

lol don`t forget the imodium! just kidding

i hate when families just happen to go buck wild with take out, defiantly throws you off
    c_mcarthur likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

Goodness you are making me hungry.
    jonesy likes this.
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I find that Thanksgiving and Christmas are two days that I tend to go very hungry. Everyone talks about the delicious meal, but I hate turkey. That's right folks, I hate turkey. I don't particularly care for the sides that tend to go with turkey (potatoes, squash). I'm not a big fan of the meat and potatoes type of meal, so I tend to eat very little. Right now I'm the hungriest that I can get. Now that Thanksgiving is over, it's leftover time. I didn't like the meal the first time, and now that it's cold it's not going to taste better.
    MrsMer and wolfwoman like this.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaRYoung View Post
    I find that Thanksgiving and Christmas are two days that I tend to go very hungry. Everyone talks about the delicious meal, but I hate turkey. That's right folks, I hate turkey. I don't particularly care for the sides that tend to go with turkey (potatoes, squash). I'm not a big fan of the meat and potatoes type of meal, so I tend to eat very little. Right now I'm the hungriest that I can get. Now that Thanksgiving is over, it's leftover time. I didn't like the meal the first time, and now that it's cold it's not going to taste better.

couldnt agree more! usually when i go out to someone's house for these events i end up with a couple of rolls, a potato and if i make it in time; a few raw carrots get home starrrrrved!!

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Wow... that's where you hope the oil in the Chinese food provokes a quick run to the washroom when you get home... the last thing you need is for all that stuff to sit there for a couple of days as you continue to consume more food! It could take a week for your system to get back to normal after all that! Any twinges of gall bladder pain just under your ribs?

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

today I actually feel just fine!
    I had two more turkey dinners but as of today, everything feels fine. lol

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I have never eaten so much pie in my life, and there's still 3/4 of one in the fridge. Darn those homemade pies! There was my dad's homemade apple, followed by a raspberry rhubarb and an apple pie ordered from the bakery....

My dad's of course is the best and we had an extra one to take home. It weighs about 40 pounds because it's so chock full of apples and sooo good. I don't think I could survive if Thanksgiving was more than once a year.

Sign me up for Overeaters Anonymous.
    c_mcarthur likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Rebecca if you don't like turkey, make something else. My mom hates turkey too so I grew up with lasagnas and roast chickens on thanksgiving! Her logic was that as long as the family is together, who cares what we eat and we can make traditions of our own
    Last edited by torontogal12; Tue, Oct 9th, 2012 at 11:15 AM.
    jonesy likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Rebecca if you don't like turkey, make something else. My mom hates turkey too so I grew up with lasagnas and roast chickens on thanksgiving! Her logic was that as long as the family is together, who cares what we eat and we can make traditions of our own
    That's a great idea, however, Thanksgiving is almost never in my own home. My husband and I live far away from the rest of the family, so we usually make the trip to their homes rather than have the entire family drive to our place. I think it's rude to go to someone else's home and make my own dinner or expect them to make something special just for me. We usually are requested to bring something, but it's difficult to transport something from such a long distance. In about a week we'll be moving to Boston so we definitely can't bring food as border crossing guards can't be tricky about what's allowed over the border.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

too bad.....it would be the perfect opportunity for you to whip up your favourite hearty salad or side dish........I always wrap casserole dishes in towels & place in a box......the crock pot filled with soup goes in a tall box, sits on the floor of the car, and is covered with towels......they insulate well & keep things hot for hours....the casserole or crock pot item is always piping hot, of course, before I take it.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I wish that I could bring some of the types of things that I enjoy to family functions, but it just can't happen. Border crossing guards have very strict rules about what can come across and what can't. Canada seems a little more relaxed about what I can bring, but it's going to be pretty difficult to bring a crockpot with soup on a plane, lol! I'd have to figure out a way to put the soup into 3 oz containers that fit into the one plastic sandwich bag I'm allowed to bring as carry-on. Instead, I'm trying to send some Boston favourites to family in the hopes that they'll like them a lot.

Thread Information