User Tag List

Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree2402Likes

Thread: SC Thanksgiving-Christmas Weight Loss Challenge

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

chew gum while baking, you don't want to pull the gum out to taste stuff
    Patty Smyth, Abby5 and ssbean like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Well I have decided to share my woes in this thread (sometime it is hard to choose right???) DD#2, who I am nursing and is 7 months, has a rash. I believe it is allergy related. She had a similar one when she was 1 month old and I had eaten red pepper. I had a seasoning over the weekend which I did not realize had red pepper in it. BUT she is low on the growth curve so I have been topping her up with expressed breast milk...until last week when I stopped pumping and was using formula. She has been on rice cereal for a month.

We have seen the Dr. and have a plan that I am comfortable with, BUT I am petrified this rash isn't due to red pepper or formula and won't go away and we will be dealing with another food allergy. Why I am petrified...DD#1 who is 21 months was diagnosed with Celiac Disease 4 months ago. We are already living (almost) gluten free (she is obviously). So my mind has been what-ifing and self-diagnosing which is not helpful. I have been thinking what if I have to give up dairy...eggs...you get the idea.

I am back to breastfeeding only (with cereal) until the rash goes away and pumping (grrrr...I have been pumping everyday for four months). Then we will retry formula and if the rash comes back try soy.

My DD#2 may never eat solids! Gah!

So vegan SCers...do you have a simple (I mean simple) recipe that is a go-to for you, that you could share? If I need to eliminate things from my diet further I need some go-tos to try.

I feel better typing my concerns. Hopefully that will help me not think about them as much. Thanks for listening.
    Last edited by Granger; Wed, Oct 17th, 2012 at 03:42 PM.
    ssbean likes this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kw01ai View Post
    Well I have decided to share my woes in this thread (sometime it is hard to choose right???) DD#2, who I am nursing and is 7 months, has a rash. I believe it is allergy related. She had a similar one when she was 1 month old and I had eaten red pepper. I had a seasoning over the weekend which I did not realize had red pepper in it. BUT she is low on the growth curve so I have been topping her up with expressed breast milk...until last week when I stopped pumping and was using formula. She has been on rice cereal for a month.

We have seen the Dr. and have a plan that I am comfortable with, BUT I am petrified this rash isn't due to red pepper or formula and won't go away and we will be dealing with another food allergy. Why I am petrified...DD#1 who is 21 months was diagnosed with Celiac Disease 4 months ago. We are already living (almost) gluten free (she is obviously). So my mind has been what-ifing and self-diagnosing which is not helpful. I have been thinking what if I have to give up dairy...eggs...you get the idea.

I am back to breastfeeding only (with cereal) until the rash goes away and pumping (grrrr...I have been pumping everyday for four months). Then we will retry formula and if the rash comes back try soy.

My DD#2 may never eat solids! Gah!

So vegan SCers...do you have a simple (I mean simple) recipe that is a go-to for you, that you could share? If I need to eliminate things from my diet further I need some go-tos to try.

I feel better typing my concerns. Hopefully that will help me not think about them as much. Thanks for listening.
    Is this for you to eat or your children? Besides the red peppers and wheat/gluten, is there any other food you do not want?
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DH666 View Post
    Is this for you to eat or your children? Besides the red peppers and wheat/gluten, is there any other food you do not want?
    Good questions. It is for me, but gluten free is better. Peppers of any sorts are the only nos. I am not a big fan of onion and tomato, but continue to try them in recipes if that is what they call for. Otherwise...if you have an idea. I am game. :D
    ssbean likes this.
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Good questions. It is for me, but gluten free is better. Peppers of any sorts are the only nos. I am not a big fan of onion and tomato, but continue to try them in recipes if that is what they call for. Otherwise...if you have an idea. I am game. :D
    OK, I will look for something. I'll also ask Patty, she's the cook.
    Granger likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I make a lot of soup/stews one pot meals that I find fairly easy. Do you want 30 minute meals? I'll give you an example I made a potato/corn chowder for supper that is one pot and about 45 minutes total preparation and cooking time. Do you need things that are faster than that ? The reason I ask is because preparing vegan foods is a little more time consuming due to all the cutting up of veggies and also if you are preparing beans and legumes from a dried state they have to soak over night and they have to cook for quite a long time. Let me know and I can share what we are cooking. I am also just 6 months into this so still experimenting all the time.
    Last edited by Patty Smyth; Wed, Oct 17th, 2012 at 06:07 PM.
    ssbean and Granger like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    I make a lot of soup/stews one pot meals that I find fairly easy. Do you want 30 minute meals? I'll give you an example I made a potato/corn chowder for supper that is one pot and about 45 minutes total preparation and cooking time. Do you need things that are faster than that ? The reason I ask is because preparing vegan foods is a little more time consuming due to all the cutting up of veggies and also if you are preparing beans and legumes from a dried state they have to soak over night and they have to cook for quite a long time. Let me know and I can share what we are cooking. I am also just 6 months into this so still experimenting all the time.
    Time isn't an issue right now. 30-45 min meals are great. I am also good at using a slow cooker...lol. If I wanted something fast I would prepare a salad.

If this convo should continue in another thread, please direct me. I was honestly thinking...ahhhh, depending on how this goes I am going to starve and eat only friuits and veggies for the next little bit!!! I then remembered FP saying no debating wrt weight loss strategies (and that some ppl were vegan or using that as their strategy). I thought, hmmm maybe some peeps on this thread might have a recipe or two I could try...out side of the veggie stock which I hope to do sometime. :D

Whatever the outcome of DD's rash it is making me smarten up WAY more than I had intended upon joining this thread and challenge.

The post did make me feel better though so thanks. I didn't want to be a hijacker.
    ssbean and Frugal Momma like this.
    -Hermione Granger

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Name:  190248_10151325343863465_1031860133_n.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  20.4 KB

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Time isn't an issue right now. 30-45 min meals are great. I am also good at using a slow cooker...lol. If I wanted something fast I would prepare a salad.

If this convo should continue in another thread, please direct me. I was honestly thinking...ahhhh, depending on how this goes I am going to starve and eat only friuits and veggies for the next little bit!!! I then remembered FP saying no debating wrt weight loss strategies (and that some ppl were vegan or using that as their strategy). I thought, hmmm maybe some peeps on this thread might have a recipe or two I could try...out side of the veggie stock which I hope to do sometime. :D

Whatever the outcome of DD's rash it is making me smarten up WAY more than I had intended upon joining this thread and challenge.

The post did make me feel better though so thanks. I didn't want to be a hijacker.
    We can go to another thread but if it's just recipes we can post here, no need to debate . Some people are doing vegan, vegetarian, WW, etc... but I think most of the programs do call for a lot of fruits and veggies. So I don't see an all out war beginning
    couponandoff likes this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Name:  564007_407122322686463_610594307_n.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  13.5 KB
    Thanks for your support to say "no" to fast food.
    Name:  76885_10151452589302519_183471927_n.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  11.6 KB
    This one made me laugh, I hope it doesn't offend anyone. For Halloween.
    -Hermione Granger

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

We can go to another thread but if it's just recipes we can post here, no need to debate . Some people are doing vegan, vegetarian, WW, etc... but I think most of the programs do call for a lot of fruits and veggies. So I don't see an all out war beginning

I lurve your veggie/vegan stuff...shame I'm an omnivore...
    ssbean and Frugal Momma like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

lol. I didn't think it would turn into a debate...I just wanted to make sure some recipe sharing (perhaps directed at me) wasn't hijacking. I hope whatever you are able to share, everyone can benefit from...lots of fruits and veggies is key in this weight business! Thank you in advance for your time!!!
    ssbean likes this.
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

No, recipe sharing shouldnt be a debate, but past vegan threads seem to go that way for some reason

It isn't posts like these that are the issue, just if debate does arise...
    ssbean and Granger like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

lol. I didn't think it would turn into a debate...I just wanted to make sure some recipe sharing (perhaps directed at me) wasn't hijacking. I hope whatever you are able to share, everyone can benefit from...lots of fruits and veggies is key in this weight business! Thank you in advance for your time!!!

I have posted some here in this thread if you would like to take a look.

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/313915-...r-favs-canada/
    Abby5 and Granger like this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

No change.... Bummer, but I drink at least 3 liters of water every day - maybe its water weight?????/

Hope for any drop in poundage next Monday....
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information