User Tag List

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree359Likes

Thread: What are you going to buy for mega redemption?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Wow...I am amazed that so many ppl can do more than 1 redemption. I am so jealous! I am 10,000 points away from being able to do a $250 redemption. I need Similac, Similac and more Similac. I have 4 month old twins and they go through a tub of powder in about 4 days! If anyone has any Similac coupons to trade with me please pm me!!!!
    carlyincanada and vala like this.

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by windowwendy View Post
    i have already put my wii u on hold at my shoppers. first on the list. thinking i will buy that the week before redemtion to get 20x the points on the remaining $130. to crazy to hope they might get some on mega redemtion since wii u is all he talked about for 2 years. for my daughter she wants some marc jacobs perfume, benifit makeup and some $60 eye shadow kit. she knows i use my points for this stuff so she aims high...lol
    Marc Jacobs' Daisy is my all time favourite perfume. I'm hoping for some gift sets to come out around Christmas. I got a few full bottles as gifts last year (apparently my 'wish list' wasn't big enough so everyone got me that lol), but I'm hoping for the roller ball or smaller bottles for travelling. I've tried to use those little mini travel things you can get from SDM and fill from your full bottles, but they don't work with the MJ bottles The roller balls are like $30ish at Sephora (talk about a rip off!) so I've been holding out until this time of year!

Smashbox also had a gift set recently for $65 (totally made that number up but it sounds familiar) that includes full sizes of mascara, eye shadow, eye base (AMAZING - used it for years), lip gloss, blush...I think that's it? It's great stuff (but not sure how old your daughter is/what she's looking for etc). I still recommend it to anyone that's looking for gift sets. The eye base is really great though (and usually close to $30 on its own!).

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    My mom and I work off the same card (well, it's her card, I'm just the brains behind the operation I guess) and we're 18k points away from 2 $250 redemptions. If we don't make it by then, we'll have to get a BP thing with our first purchase to knock us up enough.

We're planning on staples like milk and TP and frozen foods if we can. Also christmas candy, nuts, jellybeans etc. for stocking stuffers, and gifts. Mum says I can get a Lady Gaga perfume to be put away for my christmas present, and maybe some makeup, because she figures I deserve it after doing so much to help her get these points.

Can't wait! We did ONE $250 last year and that was MIND BLOWING. This year is going to be sweet. We actually might run out of stuff we need, and in that case I'm going to hint that maybe loving daughter (moi) might be given free reign to go wild with the remainder, if she pays the tax for it. :D
    Good on you Being the Brains of the Operation, I agree! You definitely deserve a little treat

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    I bought a Fuji camera about $100 at SDM and my brother in law saw me using it at my nephew's wedding; after I email him the family pictures he sent me a brand new Sony camera. I told him I don't need a second camera he told me because I had crappy camera. He's right the pictures are either too dark or too bright.
    I had a Fuji and had issues with it and the light exposure (it was about $150 at Walmart when I originally bought it maybe 5 years ago?). We have a Sony Lumex now and it's great...I think it was about $400ish with a BIG sd card? Shock resistant and waterproof (which is awesome for my clumsy self!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mama-5,couponer View Post
    Wow...I am amazed that so many ppl can do more than 1 redemption. I am so jealous! I am 10,000 points away from being able to do a $250 redemption. I need Similac, Similac and more Similac. I have 4 month old twins and they go through a tub of powder in about 4 days! If anyone has any Similac coupons to trade with me please pm me!!!!
    If they do a GC promo in NOvember again that results in points being deposited before Dec 1, this is a good way for you to bump up your points balance 10k would be nothing for that!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

hmmm.. what is a ps3? and how much is this? 95,000 points enough for this hopefully. my nephew wants this too and I wish I could buy this on the mega redemption

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Don't worry, with baby twins and all the VIB coupons out there you'll have enough for at least a few redemptions next year.
    Mama-5,couponer likes this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

buy 4xhuggies wipes tubs and theres your 10,000 you are set
    Last edited by Anna Michele; Mon, Oct 22nd, 2012 at 07:46 AM.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

can we use the pts the mega redemption weekend to buy giftcards? like a starbucks gc for example?

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Haven't made a list yet but I definitely want the new call of duy PS3 game for my son also plus some littles things.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Yay! Free Stuff! View Post
    can we use the pts the mega redemption weekend to buy giftcards? like a starbucks gc for example?
    No, you can't use points to buy gift cards. Merchandise only....
    vala likes this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

I have the original Sony ereader...and it more then paid for itself the first month with FREE library books! In BC it was, at the time ,the only one that could take the EPUB files from our Library to Go. Before you buy one ask at your local library or look online at which formats they support then buy your ereader based on that.

A friend of mine got a Kindle at Xmas and never uses it because she has to buy all her books....boooo!!

It's a GREAT purchase (I got one for my mom too and we share the few books we buy by using the same Kobo account).

J
    Quote Originally Posted by Miabee View Post
    Can I ask which ereader you bought that will allow you to read books from the library? I would like to do the same but I think my library only will allow me to download for kobo and they seem to only have sony ereaders at my SDM... any tips that I might not know about? Thanks!
    Last edited by jezz; Mon, Oct 22nd, 2012 at 12:15 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    235 (100%)

Have started a list, but it is pretty small. Well be able to do 2x $250, and maybe 1 smaller one, if needed.

We have a 'trip of a lifetime' coming up and after saving for 4 years, this will be the last push. Hopefully, we'll be able to stock up on basics (eggs, frozen, juice, etc) and the last of the trip stuff to get us through the final 3 months. So far, my list includes:

bandaids
    benadryll
    black clothing dye
    wet cat food
    clareton/aerius
    compression socks
    cough syrup
    crystal light
    dog bones
    gel insoles for DH
    eggs
    foundation
    frozen foods
    gravol
    gum
    immudium (or such)
    juice
    lip balm
    pasta
    sleep aid
    soft cups
    sunscreen
    tea
    tide (travel size)

...I am sure that once I go over our packing list, stock pile and flyer of the day, I'll have more to add
    vala likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jezz View Post

A friend of mine got a Kindle at Xmas and never uses it because she has to buy all her books....boooo!!

It's a GREAT purchase (I got one for my mom too and we share the few books we buy by using the same Kobo account).

J
    I have over 800 free books on my kindle.
    While you can't borrow from a typical library (you will be able to in 2013) you can borrow from the kindle library.
    And they offer more free books direct from amazon (that you get to keep and not just for 2 weeks like a loan) than any other
    e-reader does.
    You can also add multilpe to your kindle account and share books.
    There is 8 people on mine.
    You can also use calibure to convert any e-file to put on your kindle that gives you access to any e-book format.
    vala likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

We are thinking about using some points to get a Wii, well, my husband is anyways I'm not totally convinced...is it worth it? If we do get it, I'll probably get a game or two ( I think the SDM one comes with Mario cart?)
    vala likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The Wii U is coming out Nov 18th, so get that not a Wii.

Quote Originally Posted by dutchmama View Post
    We are thinking about using some points to get a Wii, well, my husband is anyways I'm not totally convinced...is it worth it? If we do get it, I'll probably get a game or two ( I think the SDM one comes with Mario cart?)
    dutchmama likes this.

windowwendy
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

u can use old wii games on the wii u. gotta love nintendo
    vala, peachies and Anna Michele like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by st_claire View Post
    The Wii U is coming out Nov 18th, so get that not a Wii.
    Ok....so the Wii U is the 'new' Wii...but it also is double the price, and I'm doubful SDM will have it for Mega, only weeks after release. What does it do differently?

Our kids are still young, and we just want something pretty simple...hubby and I might play a bit too, but we're not hard-core gamers, by any means!! Which gaming system (that SDM carries) would be the best? We don't want the DS, as we both feel the kids are too young to be responsible for it and there time. Thanks for any advice!

I'm already hesitant about 'spending' the money/points on Wii, as we really need to stock up on groceries and baby supplies. We were thinking to get the Wii for a family gift, then 1 other present each for the kids + whatever stocking stuffers I can find at SDM (so glad they are still excited about princess band-aids, and Cars bubble bath!) They had the pink Lego box last year as well, I would LOVE to find that for my daughter's gift!
    Anna Michele likes this.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information