User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: "hes even cuter"

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

so dh and i got up early this morning to go get a few groceries before he had to go to work. packed both kids in the stroller (its a compact double stroller so people often dont realize there is a baby in it too.) anyway ds1 is in the front and as usual people like to look at our kids and compliment them. a few people did so today...

so the rant a lady walks by and says wow hes cute (about ds1) walks past and notices ds2 in the back and says "wow hes even cuter"... seriously she couldn't just say hes cute too or keep her mouth shut. yes both my kids are quite cute but do you really need to hurt my sons feelings because he isn't a baby like the other one (4 months).
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

ohhh, ooops, she put her foot in her mouth. Bet she didn't even mean it the way she said it, and probably kicked herself as she walked away. Ughhhh.... I'm sure both of your kids are absolutely gorgeous, and equally so.
    Jonesy

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

It seems to me that this is just a nice lady being nice. She complimented both of your kids, so you should be happy.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaRYoung View Post
    It seems to me that this is just a nice lady being nice. She complimented both of your kids, so you should be happy.
    My oldest son is 3 1/2 and his feelings were hurt. While I appreciate compliments towards my kids that was not a nice comment especially being said so my oldest could heard it.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Francine - i have to agree with Rebecca. I think this was meant as a pure compliment - and maybe didn't come out 100% right. I have 4 kids (9,7,3,1) so I've had similar "awkward" things happen many times. I'm positive she meant this as a wonderful compliment - I just would of explained to my 3 1/2 yr old what she "really" meant.

Andrew.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I don't think she meant any harm by the comment, sounds to me like the lady was trying to be nice

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

I admit I am getting used to having 2 kids and I try very hard to make sure ds1 still feels loved and doesn't feel forgotten or pushed aside. ( I know it can be a hard adjustment going from an only child with all the attention to having another kid around all the time who needs more time and attention)
    Also I am not saying she intentionally hurt his feeling. My rant is that the wording was thoughtless and that it did hurt my sons feelings.
    glowworm2k likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Wait till you have three...Then the oldest is commended on being a "little mother/father" and the baby is compliemnted for being a baby while the middle child is totally excluded from the convo...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Uggh... a greasy-looking man in his fifties stopped me at Wal-Mart last night in the Hallowe'en candy aisle. "Hey, Mom," he said, looking at my 3 1/2 year-old son, "How are you doing with your little Prince? He's gorgeous."

Weak smile... scurry away...hairs standing up on the back of my neck.

Trading Score
    52 (100%)

I would look at the intention behind the remark. I am sure your son was hurt by the comment, but I wouldn't be mad at the woman. Her intention was only to be kind and complimentary.
    filza, Thumpersmom, CSLT and 3 others like this.
    Wanna get prizes and gift cards just for surfing the web?http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Tuktu60

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Awww yah things like that can be hard to hear, but I too believe the lady's intentions were good - it's hard sometimes to think on your feet, and it seems like she only noticed your other son as she was walking away and she wanted to compliment both of your kids and so just said the first thing that popped into her head. But still it's not the best way to start your day off...

Babies will get "he's cuter" comments, but big kids (3.5 year olds) can do WAY more fun stuff than a baby can!
    francine1985 likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    My oldest son is 3 1/2 and his feelings were hurt. While I appreciate compliments towards my kids that was not a nice comment especially being said so my oldest could heard it.
    Wait til your child goes to school and the things they will hear, this is peanuts.
    filza, lessthannat and mrs.march6 like this.
    Wanna make some spare cash? Check out Clixsense: http://www.clixsense.com/?5382267

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have 2 boys as well, a 7 yr old and a 2 yr old, and my ods rarely gets compliments about his "cuteness" (though he'd argue that he's handsome b/c only girls are cute) when his brother is with him. The compliments are always directed towards my youngest and it irritates me to no end as my oldest is usually left out. When someone compliments my youngest, I have started saying, "If you think he's cute, you should see his brother" or something to that affect. Either that or I just say thank-you and quickly move on.
    francine1985 and SFARAZ like this.

senior canuck
    Trading Score
    21 (96%)

i agree with everyone else here.that lady was very nice to take time to compliment your kids .you should be happy.
    SFARAZ and mrs.march6 like this.

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by filza View Post
    i agree with everyone else here.that lady was very nice to take time to compliment your kids .you should be happy.
    I agree too.
    SFARAZ likes this.
    Open an account with Tangerine (ING) using my ORANGE KEY...29564343S1. When you open an account and deposit 100.00 you and I will both receive $25.00. Wait that's not all.....I will also send you 15.00 worth of coupons from your wishlist as a way of saying thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information