User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: KFC - Delivery

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Has anybody ever ordered something, not necessarily from KFC, but not received an item they had placed an order for and then received the run around on getting a refund?

I find this very irritating

Tonight I placed an order online (KFC) and when my order came I was missing part of my order, so I called the 1-866 number on the receipt - 10 minutes on hold someone finally answers, does not let me finish my sentence and transfers me to a line where I am onhold for another 5 minutes - so I hang up to eat the food that is already almost cold
    I finish eating as my family is eating, and I call back - on hold for another 10 minutes before someone answers my call again, talk to the same woman who finally let me finish my sentence, and so she says she will transfer me to the complaints line and after two rings it says the line is not in service for my area....

Ok.. so I get upset and I call the store directly and the manager did NOT want to give me a refund, she offered to send me more food items which I did not want, while the offer is nice I explained to her that I do not want any substitute as my family has already finished eating and it will cost more to send these items then to just give me a refund on the missing items to begin with

But seriously, why is it SO difficult to get a refund on an item which you did not receive?

Any other company I have delivered from has NEVER given me such a run around - it's happened to me a couple times, and both times their representatives not only were much easier to reach but a resolution was much quicker and painless
    Now I don't expect companies to move mountains for me, but I most certainly do NOT expect to pay for something that I did not receive

Grr
    No more KFC in this household
    This thread is currently associated with: KFC
    vesper likes this.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

kfc is gross and awful for you anyway.

but still, bad customer service is inexcusable. especially in the case of not getting what you pay for.
    CrazyQT likes this.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

We call KFC 'Dirty Bird" here at home (and just had it tonight lol).

We have had a few problems with them including ordering the chicken bowls & getting them without corn; upon returning with them, the worker admitted that they were out of corn, never said a word to me about it when I was standing there in the restaurant ordering it, and sold them to me at the regular price. I got an immediate refund.

The other two issues (I forget what they were) prompted me to contact HO - I was to get 10% off rebates on my next order, but they do not send vouchers and instead tell you to bring it up when in the restaurant as the Manager would be provided with my name & phone number, only for the location to look at me like I'm an alien & claim no such thing; we very rarely spend our money there now.
    vesper likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krysta lynne View Post
    kfc is gross and awful for you anyway.

but still, bad customer service is inexcusable. especially in the case of not getting what you pay for.
    Oh it's definitely not good for you, I will agree with that, but sometimes I am in the mood for something greasy !

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have had something similar happen at drive-thru there - they allow you to order, then pay, and then they tell you they ran out of what you had ordered and if they can sub it for something else, it is irritating - why not just say something from the get go!

It's funny you call it dirty bird, because that is exactly what we call it also!!

After the last couple experiences I have had with them, I am also going to very rarely spend money at that establishment, nothing to me is worse than terrible customer service and just blatant ignorance

Quote Originally Posted by KrazE View Post
    We call KFC 'Dirty Bird" here at home (and just had it tonight lol).

We have had a few problems with them including ordering the chicken bowls & getting them without corn; upon returning with them, the worker admitted that they were out of corn, never said a word to me about it when I was standing there in the restaurant ordering it, and sold them to me at the regular price. I got an immediate refund.

The other two issues (I forget what they were) prompted me to contact HO - I was to get 10% off rebates on my next order, but they do not send vouchers and instead tell you to bring it up when in the restaurant as the Manager would be provided with my name & phone number, only for the location to look at me like I'm an alien & claim no such thing; we very rarely spend our money there now.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We will never order from KFC ever again! We had ordered one night and was old it would be 1 hour.... 3 hours later we got our food. I have a 5 year old now, at the time he was 3 and screaming for dinner... I had called multiple times and just kept getting the run around. I flat out told them I wasn't paying for it. When the food finally arrived, it was cold, the driver threw the food at me. He was walking up my walkway and I opened the door and he just threw the food at me. Why the heck would you throw my food at me?
    So never again.
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That is just terrible, I would have not paid for that order and I wouldn't blame you if you didn't either. Throwing your food at you? That's just in bad taste period, I would not accept that kind of behaviour from anybody, and I would have a few choice words for a person like that

Sometimes I feel as though companies think they are doing us a favour with their services, with as many options as there are out there - I can take my hard earned money and spend it elsewhere, to a business that appreciates my patronage

Quote Originally Posted by CourtE View Post
    We will never order from KFC ever again! We had ordered one night and was old it would be 1 hour.... 3 hours later we got our food. I have a 5 year old now, at the time he was 3 and screaming for dinner... I had called multiple times and just kept getting the run around. I flat out told them I wasn't paying for it. When the food finally arrived, it was cold, the driver threw the food at me. He was walking up my walkway and I opened the door and he just threw the food at me. Why the heck would you throw my food at me?
    So never again.
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Wow..receipt and show in store what you did not receive...I barrely eat there...I prefer mcdo...unless thy have a good cheap promo.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't understand why you'd call what someone else clearly ate, "gross" and "awful for you." Yeah, one or both of those things might be true, but you have no way of knowing whether OP regularly eats KFC, or maybe bought it as a treat, or an indulgence - it just irks me when people pass judgment, especially on food.

But yes, to the OP - I've had this happen before, with pizza deliveries. We had a few toppings that were completely wrong, and by the time we actually got someone on the phone offering to deliver a new pizza, it was far too late.

[*A I M Z*]

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It is most definitely not a regular thing, I get my once in a blue moon craving for something greasy

I hate having the feeling that you have to pay for something which you didn't order, esp Pizza - not like it can be easily fixed, the whole thing pretty much becomes useless. I hope that whatever joint you ordered it from at least tried to make it right with you

Quote Originally Posted by Aimz View Post
    I don't understand why you'd call what someone else clearly ate, "gross" and "awful for you." Yeah, one or both of those things might be true, but you have no way of knowing whether OP regularly eats KFC, or maybe bought it as a treat, or an indulgence - it just irks me when people pass judgment, especially on food.

But yes, to the OP - I've had this happen before, with pizza deliveries. We had a few toppings that were completely wrong, and by the time we actually got someone on the phone offering to deliver a new pizza, it was far too late.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

I guess I am lucky as our house is too far out to get delivery so if we want something we have to pick it up, which gives me the opportunity to check it before I leave the store. Found out the hard way to check before I leave to make sure order is correct. Worst was getting take out from Boston Pizza, didn't open till got home and pizzas were burnt, they were gross. Expensive and burnt, haven't eaten their food since.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My daughter works at KFC, as the cashier or drivethrough person. She normally does NOT know what the kitchen has run out of as at this particular one, she has no contact with the kitchen (because of the design of the restaurant). She has told us stories of people ordering for delivery, getting the delivery, actually eating the food and then calling to say the chicken was disgusting and cold and old etc., demanding a refund. The customer was asked to bring in the order or have delivery pick it up so they could make it right. The customer would then respond they ate it! How can a restaurant or store for that matter, give you a refund for something you have eaten or thrown away or just haven't brought back?
    ~~I DO understand how frustrating it is to order in and have the wrong food. The Timmies drive-thru is the bane of my existance! We don't do it ever anymore, rather park and go into the store. Most times timmies had been bought at the drive-thru for a road trip, but not opened till 10 or 15 minutes down the road. Not gonna turn around and go back but also can't enjoy the coffee that is a double-double when I asked for milk only or hubby's that is just sugar! Not hard to get wrong but still is wrong almost every single time. Now we go in, open the cups at the counter, take a quick boiling hot sip, then recover it and go it it's right.
    jonesy likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I've had the same thing with various deliveries, not even just food. I've ordered things off of amazon, sears, and ebay. Sometimes things are missing from the box or are broken or damaged. It gets frustrating to convince companies that the item ordered just isn't satisfactory.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I have had issues with other places as well. That is why when I order something and it comes to my door i make sure before the person leaves that I have everything in the bags, because if not, than they can call their manager and explain the situation.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aimz View Post

because it is gross, and it is awful for you.

they shouldn't be eating it in the first place.

i could not care less if you don't like my opinion.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information