User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: I Think I May Be Losing It

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I've made coffee, without putting the coffee in, just hot water comes out. (lol)
    abbasgirl and ninna like this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Phew, I'm not alone!

I started 'losing it' years ago. One of the first incidents that comes to mind is being out in the yard one summer morning doing poop patrol. I was holding a bag in one hand and a bag over the other hand to pick up the poop (doggy owners must know this technique). Hungry mosquitoes are out and one lands on my forehead . Yes, I really did that .

As for cordless phones, I've found them in my freezer, fridge, car, and clothes dryer to name a few places. I finally chucked them all and dug our old dial phones out of storage!
    abbasgirl and wolfwoman like this.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

I've microwave an empty cup before.

I've ripped up a cheque made out to me and kept the attached invoice way to many times to count.
    abbasgirl likes this.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abbasgirl View Post
    I could blame it on Daylight Savings if it only happened twice a year.
    There was also the time I brewed a pot of coffee...without the pot!
    The horrible smell of the pot-warmer and the burnt coffee STINKS!

Quote Originally Posted by ninna View Post
    Oh no. I am 100% serious. I take my coffee into the shower!
    Hahahah!

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Serious? Im not the only one? Wow that is funny.... And I wash the cup before I finish lol!
    Oh gosh, is it really that common?

Quote Originally Posted by screamy View Post
    HA! I'm not alone!

I can't count the number of times I'll be in mid-sentence and be hit by the aphasia issue...find myself gesturing and saying, "YOU KNOW, the (gesture, gesture) NOUN I can't THINK OF right now!!".

This is usually met by blank stares. And then I'll say "Just listen to what I'm thinking inside my head."

I take some serious meds for pain management, and do so as infrequently as possible, for reasons that will become clear below. My boss was leaving for a really important meeting and I wound up totally incapacitated on the day he needed to fly out. I called and said, "Okay, I'm going to have to take one of my 'stupid pills', is there ANYTHING you need before you go?". "No, I'm fine, stay home and relax."

Thank God. Okay - meds, check, bed, check, home phone off, check.

Four or five hours later, when I am pretty much too stupid to do more than drool effectively, I get a call on my cell. My boss needs a piece of computer hardware from his office. Which is not keyed to the master. On a Friday. At around 4:30 p.m.

Stoned out of my mind (wheeee!), I call Real Estate and allow them to "break in" to my office to get the key to his office. I call the IT guy to go with the Real Estate guy, because he knows what to look for. While they're consulting one another, I am put on hold and am sort of humming along to the Muzak.

I go out into the living room and sit down, because being vertical is too challenging for me right then. I wait for a few minutes and all of a sudden PANIC: WHERE! IS! MY! PHONE! HOLY CRAP. WHERE. WHERE. WHERRRRRE???

I look all over my bedroom and living room, nothing. I am SURE I haven't gone into the bathroom (and I have a *teeny tiny* condo) but after I've checked everywhere else and can't find it, I go look in there...and...eventually...notice myself in the mirror...HOLDING THE PHONE TO MY EAR.

Did I mention that I was hearing Muzak while on hold?

HAHAHAHAAA...OMG. I have laughed about that more times than I can count.
    I can't breath! HAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Judstir View Post
    I've made coffee, without putting the coffee in, just hot water comes out. (lol)
    You subconsciously wanted tea?
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I just went to make a cup of coffee

Put the sugar in, instant coffee, then some milk. Without even realizing I poured my friends fresh brewed coffee into the cup to some how thinking it was the water or I didn't put coffee in the cup yet?

Took a sip, spit that in the sink.
    abbasgirl likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

April, I actually know someone who does that - on purpose! Puts instant coffee with brewed coffee.
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I LOVE this thread,so nice to know I'm not the only one slowly going nuts. Spent awhile yesterday frantically looking for my keys only to realize they were in my hand.
    abbasgirl likes this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by abbasgirl View Post
    I just poured a glass of juice while holding the glass upside down.

Anyone else have a moment of complete mindlessness that they want to share?
    Washing the floor today must have been in your subconcious...you were just making sure there was a REALLY good reason to have to mop
    abbasgirl likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last week... I woke up early in the morning, half asleep, climbed into the shower, washed myself but forgot to wash my hair. I was using a shower hose. Climbed out of shower, dried of, and applied makeup. Realized I forgot to wash my hair, climbed back into the shower and tried not to get water on my face by tilting my head back. I was using a shower hose, so I had some control over the water spraying. I didn't feel like washing makeup off and redoing it. Lol!
    Last edited by toban; Sat, Nov 17th, 2012 at 10:10 PM.
    vesper likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information