User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Unbelievable Shoppers experience..check that the cashier has swiped your card!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    sorry you had to go through this. I would never mention that you are on forums. Some cashiers put a stigma on us "deal getters." Just point to their flyer next time. Hope it works out. Sometimes they refuse to scan the card but I tell them "please scan it, I want to see how many points I have."
    good idea, thanks

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    It does not matter WHAT you buy or how much you buy. Even if you buy a pack of gum for .25 cents the cashier should always ask you for your optimum card and NEVER should you be told that they will not scan it.
    Try to be patient with SDM cashiers. Kepp in mind they are trying to keep track of ever-changing point promotions. Some of the cashiers may be part-time and catching up with new promos. I understand it is part of their job to know this. But honestly, these ccashiers are have to remember a million things per transaction lol. For example: "do you want to buy a bag?" (at some stores) "here is you contest card for spending over $10" "here is your SDM gift card for spending over $50" "is that debit or credit?" "please wait before you insert your chip" "yes we do cashback, how much would you like? we do 20, 40 or 60" and of course, "thank you!"
    That's just the average conversation that a cashier is having each transaction. and throw in the "optimum card? " obviously... at times it can be missed if other convo is occuring. Helps if the customer has their card ready to go! I have never heard of people refusing to scan the cards though...that's not cool!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information