User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Unbelievable Shoppers experience..check that the cashier has swiped your card!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by thien_nga View Post
    So far 5 sets!!! :D The store I did 33 transactions lats year, said that "oh I'm not gonna risk my career to let you buy more than 2 sets with your visa, if you pay with debit or cash it's fine, it's head office that forced us to have the limit, it's not the store's discretion" I'm like WTH, if you don't want my business I will just go elsewhere, the store I went in today closed at 6 and I went there at 5:30, asked supervisor and she said if you want to use visa, after certain limit we have to see ID, I gave her ID right away, here you go, and she processed the transactions, since they was closing and there was many customers in line (it's SDM in the mall) so I didn't want people to wait so much, I'll just go to that store again to buy about 20 or 25 more transactions (depends on how I feel lol) in weekday when they are less busy then!!!!

To my understanding visa as well as debit or mastercard (the bank' ones) are legal form of tender, I don't know why the first store had to do that to me!!!

And the reason I use VISA is I do get TD points and they are good for me to pay toward my flights!!! That's all!!! I pay it off when I get the statement!!!!
    I did 10 today and not sure how many more for the rest of the week - but I never seem to get enough and regret not getting more. - esp the SDM cards. Last year I got quite a bit of ESSO cards and this year I won't as I get really cheap First Nation gas on my local reserve and they only take debit or cash. My local SDM store is OK with VISA payment for each of the $150 transactions - anything above $200 they need to call VISA.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kidsteph View Post
    I did 10 today and not sure how many more for the rest of the week - but I never seem to get enough and regret not getting more. - esp the SDM cards. Last year I got quite a bit of ESSO cards and this year I won't as I get really cheap First Nation gas on my local reserve and they only take debit or cash. My local SDM store is OK with VISA payment for each of the $150 transactions - anything above $200 they need to call VISA.
    Oh that is so good about your store, I see no problem using VIsa and have no problem if they want my ID or call VISA!!! It's just the store manager who believes that financial card that was mentioned in the fine print are VISA, MC or Amex, doesn't matter the prepaid or regular. He seems to refuse to understand what that fine print means, oh well, I tried!!!
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Wow everyone's doing so many transactions!! I'd be worried about losing the cards I didn't do any.
    torontogal12 likes this.
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I'm with you. I'm just going to buy 2x $75 SDM cards, which should cover my subway pass for next month lol! Hubby wants App store so I might throw that in too
    Quote Originally Posted by ericaraina View Post
    Wow everyone's doing so many transactions!! I'd be worried about losing the cards I didn't do any.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sun, Nov 11th, 2012 at 11:31 PM.
    Doda likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I'm with you. I'm just going to buy 2x $75 SDM cards, which should cover my subway pass for next month lol! Hubby wants App store so I might throw that in too
    I'm with you on that one! just 2x75$ to cover my december metro pass and taxes on mega redemption
    torontogal12 likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ericaraina View Post
    You're not the only one I think I may do 4 sets of gas cards for hubby for his business, because it will be used within 2 weeks, but any more than that, I'm not comfortable with! Plus, we really don't have the money to buy them all ahead of time. I see why the promo is so good, but I'm just not organized to keep it all on track!

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

I did a bunch yesterday. 5 actually. Some cards are spent already on the Xmas presents I bought (my mom had my little munchkin for the afternoon so I could finish up my Christmas shopping. We're unexpectedly moving on Dec 1 so I have 2 wks to pack up our place with a newborn! Xmas shopping had to be finished this week! Starbucks and timmies i transferred to the 2 cards I have had in my wallet for about a year so I don't have to worry about the balances going "missing", iTunes & chapters got deposited into my accounts immediately etc.
    I tthink I'm going to end up getting some more esso and SDM cards though since I seem to always be spending the money there & I know I'll spend the gas money in about 1 transaction moving! Lol

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    229 (100%)

so do I have to buy "two GC" worth $150? I bought only "one card" worth $150. do I still get the 8000 points?

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

Yes, it has to be at least 2 cards totaling $150 (or more).

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    so do I have to buy "two GC" worth $150? I bought only "one card" worth $150. do I still get the 8000 points?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I did not want to risk it so I did not use my Shoppers Optimum MBNA Mastercard. I purchased 4 x $150 of gift cards, and had to remind the cashier to scan my Optimum card, of course he missed to scan a set of the Shoppers Drug Mart Gift Cards. I feel like I was the Cashier police: I told him that he did not scan my Optimum card right after the transaction was done as I checked the receipt. Then he tried to scan the receipt and he thought he rescanned my Optimum card. I checked all the 4 receipts in the end of the 4 purchases and that 1 set that missed scanning was still missed. So he called the Cashier Supervisor and she added 1500 points without the bonus 8000 points. I read this thread and found out that my 8000 bonus points won't be added as the Cashier missed scanning my Optimum card before the completion of the transaction. I called Head Office and they said I had to wait until after Nov 23rd to call them if I did not use my Optimum card. I told the Head Office that I reminded the cashier to scan my optimum card and I have purchased 4 sets of the gift cards, and only one set was not scanned. Head Office said that if I go back to the store, the store might add the 8000 points to my account at their discretion. I do not want to risk it so I just have to make a special trip to go back to the store and the only purpose is to ask for the 8000 bonus points to be added manually. What a waste of time. From my conversations I feel that the Head Office don't really want people to earn too many points, just my personal opinion.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I am bumping this again to make sure the cashier SCANS YOUR CARD!

Today I actually handed the cashier my optimum card and she refused to scan it because I was buying gift cards. SHE HAD A SIGN AT HER REGISTER!! I looked at her screen and saw she didn't scan my optimum as my hubby was paying with debit, I immediately told him to cancel the transaction. I told her about the BP she she didn't believe me.. though she had a sign.. AT HER TILL.. I didn't think the sign was posted as securely as it was, so I ripped it off and the gift card display kind of went flying lol.. My husband was kind of embarrassed because he said I 'flipped out' but I know it's difficult to refund the gift cards if at all so I was pretty pissed. My husband also agreed even if the points were 0 she should have scanned it regardless if I gave it to her because SDM can also track all your purchases with your SDM card. Like lets say I had those GCs lost or stolen, if they pulled up my optimum account even though the points would be 0 with no promotion, they would have a record of the transaction so there is no reason any cashier should be REFUSING to scan your card.

Also, my mother was out today at another SDM and she told me there was a man in front of her buying GCs, but the cashier made him put it all on one bill. She gave me a call and asked about it and I told her to make sure she divided it up into 150 transactions which the cashier didn't know.
    Tbites likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Are points being added in right away or after nov 23?

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

I'd be careful about using a credit card to purchase your cards... Read the fine print of the promotion.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

*LCBO cards available in Ontario only. Points are issued on the purchase of eligible products using a valid Shoppers Optimum Card®. Excludes Shoppers Optimum® MasterCard® points and points associated with the RBC® Shoppers Optimum® Banking Account. Cannot be used with any other offer or promotion. Points to be awarded to your account by Friday, November 23, 2012 for eligible transactions. Gift or financial cards may not be used to purchase additional gift or financial cards. Bonus points will not be issued for transactions in which a gift card or a financial card is used as tender to pay for additional gift or financial cards. Some conditions apply. Offer valid Saturday, November 10, 2012 to Friday, November 16, 2012. See store for details.
    CurEuS likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by PinkLincoln View Post
    *LCBO cards available in Ontario only. Points to be awarded to your account by Friday, November 23, 2012 for eligible transactions.
    tha

thank you for providing ACCURATE information in a timely manner

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information