User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: So How much are you planning to spend this X'Mas on gifts ?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I didn't buy a single gift for anyone this Christmas. Spent a ton of money on things for myself though (about $800). My family was never big on gifts (I stopped getting presents for my birthday/christmas when I was about 12), none of my friends buy gifts for each other, and I don't have a girlfriend. So, I have nobody to buy christmas gifts for.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Rebecca made a valid point about expenses related to social activities involving work and host/hostess gifts plus gas costs. I think if we were to consider those things that add up, we'd realize cutbacks happened somewhere in order to have the monies available for those social obligations.
    For those of us who volunteer or participate in classes/hobby groups, consider the potluck meals or cookies and hot drinks you have to bring for the December classes or the social night outside of the regular meeting night-it adds up.
    Too bad the Shoppers with food section is not near me-I like buying the half litres of milk and cream on sale and they are just enough for a group of 15 for a night or two. Probably will consider a separate budget in 2013 for those items plus treats, as they come up a few times each year.

I received 5 gifts from people in my social network through groups I help in and feel sad that I did not have means to reciprocate. 2013 must be the year that money comes in.

I really have only one person I regularly buy an Xmas gift for-I spend $20-25 and try to get items on sale. One year, I really want to be able to provide a trip as a gift--everyone likes to have time off and just be on vacation.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information