User Tag List

View Poll Results: TLC's extreme couponing good or bad?

Voters
413. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change!

37 8.96%
  • Change for the better

48 11.62%
  • Change for the worse

237 57.38%
  • too early to tell

91 22.03%
Page 51 of 114 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: TLC Extreme Couponing

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Giving to the army is great and all. But that guy was like... hording. Who need 100,000 things of toothpaste?!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I watched all 3 episodes Extreme Couponing.... somehow I feel negative more than positive.

In episode 1, The purple lady misuse coupons. This is why everyone wonder how can she said some items that never with coupons before, or even with coupons, cannot be that cheap. She is giving most of the Couponer bad image because in my point of view, she is stealing stuff, not save money.

In episode 3, the lovely twins.... why they need something they don't use? Diaper is cheap? but... where is your baby?? Heart Burn is Cheap, but you have heart burn?? (She clearly said she doesn't has heart burn, just buy because of cheap).... In my point of view, this is money wasting, coz u never need it.

Finally, the Mr Coupon Guy.... I know you are in donation.... but plz, dun clear the shelf..... Many customers also looking for one.... 10,000 Toothpaste is not necessary
    Last edited by ahhc; Thu, Apr 14th, 2011 at 12:12 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ahaha the purple lady. Everybody is mad at her. I know I am.

I think the heartburn stuff for the twins was wasteful, but as far as I know diapers don't go bad or break down or anything, so if she's planning on having a child anytime in the near future, she may as well stock up. I'd start getting diapers now if I wouldn't get the third degree from both my parents and my boyfriend's

He didn't clear the shelf with the toothpaste. He pre-orders everything, and the thousands in his home are clearly still in boxes, the kind you might see employees unloading when a shipment comes in. They are never put on the shelf like that, he specially ordered ALL of those and opened them to show them to the TLC crew.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Ooohhhhh, pvr'ed it last night, DH had to watch hockey first. Sounds interesting. I don't neccissarily agree with the couponing practices on the show, but it is like watching a train wreck, can't miss an episode!
    Earn free rewards just by searching...click on link to join!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/AustinsMomma79

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

The one thing that i got out of it - was when the twins were buying antacid - "we don't get heart burn but at that price why not" (not actual quote but close) They spent $7 for antacid they didn't need - I can get a pair of shoes for that price.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Did I catch it correctly or did they say it was one hour at the check out for the purple lady?
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Trading Score
    108 (100%)

I was bored after last nights episode with the twins and Nathan. I got 5 boxes of toothpaste for free last week and then looked at the expiry on the boxes. They're only good until the middle of 2012 - well, I have enough to last me until then! I don't agree with buying stuff you are not going to use or donate, then it's just clutter. I do however learn one tip each show. Last night it was to see what kind of rewards are out there for the birthday girl! I also like how the twins organized their inserts and don't clip until they need them. I have got to find an organization system that works for me. I would love to see how others organize their stock pile. Mine is a couple of boxes and a shelf in the basement.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MommyOfAustin View Post
    Ooohhhhh, pvr'ed it last night, DH had to watch hockey first. Sounds interesting. I don't neccissarily agree with the couponing practices on the show, but it is like watching a train wreck, can't miss an episode!
    Don't want to miss an episode too.So true about being like watching a train wreck.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The twins pork chop argument could have been a teaching incident lots of stores 10 for $10 means $1.00 each so they might not had to buy 10 or 20 porkchops they could have explained that.
    Last edited by Poirot; Thu, Apr 14th, 2011 at 04:43 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    Ahaha the purple lady. Everybody is mad at her. I know I am.

I think the heartburn stuff for the twins was wasteful, but as far as I know diapers don't go bad or break down or anything, so if she's planning on having a child anytime in the near future, she may as well stock up. I'd start getting diapers now if I wouldn't get the third degree from both my parents and my boyfriend's

He didn't clear the shelf with the toothpaste. He pre-orders everything, and the thousands in his home are clearly still in boxes, the kind you might see employees unloading when a shipment comes in. They are never put on the shelf like that, he specially ordered ALL of those and opened them to show them to the TLC crew.
    I've never bought diapers but I think the plastic and the cotton would breakdown eventually if you kept them around for years.What if you got a mouse in your house those diapers would make a cosy home.What if they were to have too much of smaller size diapers how would they exchange them when the diaper packaging in the store is different.
    Last edited by Poirot; Thu, Apr 14th, 2011 at 04:43 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by carebearhamm View Post
    The one thing that i got out of it - was when the twins were buying antacid - "we don't get heart burn but at that price why not" (not actual quote but close) They spent $7 for antacid they didn't need - I can get a pair of shoes for that price.
    Since they didn't need them.What about leaving the antacid coupons on the store shelves for other customers to find as a nice gesture.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by erin9mmm View Post
    Did I catch it correctly or did they say it was one hour at the check out for the purple lady?
    I think they did say an hour checkout.I think it was taking so long because the cashier was overriding some of the coupons.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

I seriously CANNOT mention the word "coupons" to anyone without them mentioning this show.

I haven't even seen it! LOL (Just little things/read about it/etc)

I make sure to note that the show is... EXTREME and that I am not nearly that exccessive. yes, I do have a full pantry, yes I have a nice sized stash of body wash, toothpaste, etc... but I am not buying a million toothbrushes or heartburn medicine... just cuz it's cheap.

*sigh* lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Extreme Couponing new episode April 20 Missy & Amy Missy plans to save more than $50 using coupons.Amy plans to buy more than $400 worth of groceries for under $10.New episode April 27 Desirae & Stephanie Desirae is so thrifty she gets all of her coupons from public recycling bins.Stephanie is teaching her son to coupon before he goes off to college.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Saving $50 is much more reasonable
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Page 51 of 114 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast

Thread Information