User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Spam!!!!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Stupid spammers have no lives & nothing better to do.Grow up spammers & get a life.
    hollyquaiscer and walkonby like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

They should ban the IP addy of some of this spammers , instead of just the posts.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

There are several threads present on this board telling of ways to alter your IP address. Banning Ip addresses just makes the spammers work a tad harder...It wouldn't stop them totally.
    hollyquaiscer and sharkie like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    They should ban the IP addy of some of this spammers , instead of just the posts.
    we do ban the IP addresses.. they just go to websites that alter your IP first.
    hollyquaiscer and sharkie like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Another issue is that many people have dynamic IPs, we have had legit users try to login to be told they are banned because the IP is banned
    hollyquaiscer likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    Can't blame spam people for coming on here....there's over 5 million posts here. The site needs to rid itself of the needless, non contributing threads like Chat-a-thon, post anything thread etc...so many redundant, useless threads.

Mods should really be paying more attention...i don't blame the spammers, i blame the mods who can't keep forums neat and tidy and delete repetitive threads.
    And perhaps the site should rid itself also of mindless posts, that seek to cause trouble within threads as well. I'm sure the mods are extremely busy, as they have lives too. You should be thanking them for what they do to keep this site running smoothly instead of taking every opportunity you can to bash them. If you're so concerned about the "needless, non contributing threads" then don't post in them, or bother reading them. Others of us have friends here, and we like to converse with them. Perhaps another site would be more suited to the type of things you are looking for. If you'd like, I can try and find a few better suited to your type of personality. I love helping others
    aussie, c_mcarthur, GoJays and 9 others like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

These spammers are paid to make these useless posts; they do it on a lot of websites, it's just that it's harder to do on some than others. Another site that I'm on has zero tolerance for such garbage, plus it has mod-approval for the first few posts. There is a fine line between alienating potential new users and not doing enough for existing users.
    GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

This early morning I reported at least 5 spams post...and the 2 others I cannot because when I hit the report button...the page change ....Is that a new way to spammer to get in here and to be sure we dont erase them???
    hollyquaiscer likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

When you report the first post from that spammer, we delete all oftheir posts so it was already deleted when you tried to report
    hollyquaiscer and cath007 like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I get 50+ spam emails in my inbox everyday. So frustrating. Why do these people exist? Guess there are still some people who are older and have too much free time and will visit spam sites.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by slipnslide View Post
    I get 50+ spam emails in my inbox everyday. So frustrating. Why do these people exist? Guess there are still some people who are older and have too much free time and will visit spam sites.
    How do you know they are older people? Seems like an odd statement. Just wondering?

If you mark them as spam, you won't get any more from that email address.
    knitting nurse and sharkie like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    And perhaps the site should rid itself also of mindless posts, that seek to cause trouble within threads as well. I'm sure the mods are extremely busy, as they have lives too. You should be thanking them for what they do to keep this site running smoothly instead of taking every opportunity you can to bash them. If you're so concerned about the "needless, non contributing threads" then don't post in them, or bother reading them. Others of us have friends here, and we like to converse with them. Perhaps another site would be more suited to the type of things you are looking for. If you'd like, I can try and find a few better suited to your type of personality. I love helping others

Wow Holly wtg.....very well said my friend...the mods on here do a really great job and there are lots of times they deal with all kinds of crap from people....they do the best they can under the circumstances....you are so right that if people do not like it here they should go to a site that is more suitable for their needs......I hope you keep posting Holly like you do because you are a very positive member from this site .....thanks for being you and saying it like it is.....
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

People always wanna bring you down with a weight, fill up a ballon and rise above them, its where you belong!
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

A negative thinker makes everything worse, heavier, and harder. A positive thinker makes everything better, lighter and easier
    angel_2011 and knitting nurse like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    How do you know they are older people? Seems like an odd statement. Just wondering?

If you mark them as spam, you won't get any more from that email address.
    There's a huge number of younger people who think that the older generations know nothing about pcs and the internet because they haven't grown up around the technology.

However they forget that while they were growing up with it, we were using it at work and in our leisure times since we were the defacto alpha testers of the whole thing.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information