User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Thought I would share this post from facebook.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

yup, looks like it is gone...

now did you catch the post where someone is confirming that there is no mega event? *eep*
    Tabby40 likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    yup, looks like it is gone...

now did you catch the post where someone is confirming that there is no mega event? *eep*
    Yes i did..but...lots of people have confirmed it's not happening while others have confirmed that it is..Im not believing anyone until i see the flyer for myself. Hopefully it will happen but if not i guess i will just redeem my points anyway.
    scbpooh and Tabby40 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Whatever happened to going without if you can't afford it? There were very lean years for my family growing up and we did alright not getting the best and newest for Christmas.

These posts and those on kijiji etc irk me. Sure they have the right to ask but I have a hard time trusting these types of request.
    anisa, Poirot, kidsteph and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

well it seems that there is an event on the 1st, just not a mega one i guess, if all the stories are true.

oh the suspense! haha.

whatever it is, i'm sure i will be spending some points
    Tabby40 and peachies like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I follow <removed competitor site> on facebook and she made a post on her wall.

10 hours ago ·

• I'm posting this post for some help...this year my husband had to go out west to work from nova scotia. we really want him home for xmas for our 9 year old daughter. We can't afford to do both get his flight home (stupid expensive!!) and buy xmas gifts. I want to use my shoppers optium card on the mega redemption day to help with that...but I need 23,000 more points for the 95,000 ....I was wondering if anyone could help me out by transfering points?? I will gladly pay it forward...we would forever be grateful....thanks!!!!!!
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Thu, Nov 22nd, 2012 at 10:35 PM.
    Tabby40 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Not to mention I don't dare to log in my account this week and next week!
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

LOL first of all most employers pay for the flights...and most of the time people from east work in fort mcmurray or so in the west,and then they say they can't afford the flight? if the husband works in the west and has not enough money to pay for the flight home then i don't know why he took a job here. i know so many people that work in alberta for example and going home regularly (employer pays flight or they do it). most east people earn so much money that they work for a couple month here and go back for a couple weeks to make vacation because they have so much money. what a story! LOL

sorry if some don't like this, but these are just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Bubbelinchen; Thu, Nov 22nd, 2012 at 10:14 PM.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Well I just had a look & that woman <removed name> who made that post is married to <removed name> who already arrived home on November 16th according to his own facebook post which means she's outright lying now.
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Fri, Nov 23rd, 2012 at 03:18 PM.
    anisa, Poirot, ericaraina and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    94 (100%)

it's a bunch of bunk imo.
    Tabby40 likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I have two cousins who work in Fort McMurray and they both live in NS. They make a lot of money and they live in a camp so they don't pay much for living. The oil companies will pay for the trip from your place of living to the Alberta but doesn't pay your way back. Both cousins make so much money that they redid there whole house, new cars and trips to Disney.
    her story doesn't make sense. I know its costly out there but he can save most of it. Cousins go home to NS with over 10 grand in there account,

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbelinchen View Post
    LOL first of all most employers pay for the flights...and most of the time people from east work in fort mcmurray or so in the west,and then they say they can't afford the flight? if the husband works in the west and has not enough money to pay for the flight home then i don't know why he took a job here. i know so many people that work in alberta for example and going home regularly (employer pays flight or they do it). most east people earn so much money that they work for a couple month here and go back for a couple weeks to make vacation because they have so much money. what a story! LOL

sorry if some don't like this, but these are just my 2 cents.
    gourmetsue and Tabby40 like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KrazE View Post
    Well I just had a look & that woman <removed name> who made that post is married to <removed name> who already arrived home on November 16th according to his own facebook post which means she's outright lying now.

16 November

ride to airport $20, gum for flight $3, airline ticket $750 Coming home to see my family & to wake my daughter who lost track of when I`d be home....PRICELESS!!!!
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Fri, Nov 23rd, 2012 at 03:18 PM.
    Bubbelinchen, lilo0003 and Tabby40 like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Her hubby must be happy to know she is out there 'panhandling' on his behalf

Cuckoo
    Tabby40 likes this.
    R

Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KrazE View Post
    I was just stalking her on facebook, too, but didn't think to look at his profile........shhhesh, some people. I did notice that her pictures have been updated...alot of family, daughter and charity(Relay for Life) participation. I hate being distrustful of people, but my spidey senses are tingling!!
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Fri, Nov 23rd, 2012 at 03:17 PM.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

My mom and step dad have done out of town work for years (Nunavut, Alberta) They usually got a free flight per year but made enough money to fly back more than that. I like helping those who need it when I can, so I will grab some extra food or toys and drop it in a donation bin. I wouldn't trust anyone online.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I have a hard time believing a woman with a well-established facebook page and 500 friends is out to scam people on the sdm page.

I want to give her the benefit of the doubt.

I'm actually feeling physically ill reading some of these comments, she probably removed her message from the SDM page because one of her 500 friends told her that her facebook page, full name, and comments were being posted on a third party webpage and that the community there was BLASTING her! I mean c'mon, this thread contains the full name and facebook URL for a woman who very well may be completely honest. You aren't in her shoes, and if you were, maybe you would be trying to do the same thing!

Sure, there are scammers out there, but the world is full of mostly good people, and maybe she was just trying to do what she could for her family.

Now she's been totally embarassed and completely revealed on a website that has nothing to do with facebook!

who knew SC was a community of private investigators out for blood.

and i just want to say, i don't know this woman. I am not her friend on facebook or otherwise, but I do not like seeing this humiliation and embarrassment of a complete stranger over something that could have been completely innocent.
    Last edited by r0c0upons; Thu, Nov 22nd, 2012 at 10:45 PM.
    ericaraina and dlushman like this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information