User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Thought I would share this post from facebook.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Expired
    Hi everyone. I have been reading posts on SDM's facebook page and thought I would share this one. Would like to know how others feel about these kind of posts, if you don't mind sharing your opinion. I am not to sure on how I feel about it. I love helping people at Christmas (or anytime) but I don't think I could just give my poiints away when someone asks like this.

Hey there...I am writing this post asking for a little bit of help, with the plan to pay it forward...I need 16,000 more points to redeem them next weekend. Is there anyone who would be willing to transfer points to me? We would really appreciate it...we need to pay for my husband to come home for christmas as well as pay for christmas for our 9 year old daughter. We can't do both but if we had a little bit of help getting more points then it would make it more possible !! thank you in advance!!!

Like · · 15 minutes ago
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    nash0109 likes this.

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

I was desperately trying to get points for next weekend. i ran an auction on here of most of my FPC/HV's as well as friends and family were of great help! I would NEVER stoop this low for points! That just looks like an example of last year ready to happen!
    Insane, Tabby40 and nash0109 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I'm with you, Tabby. I couldn't give my points to someone with the reasoning behind the request.
    Last edited by CrazyQT; Thu, Nov 22nd, 2012 at 08:50 PM.
    Tabby40 and nash0109 like this.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

While I would not doubt the post is sincere, the thought of making transfers this close to "the big day" makes me too nervous to consider it so I would by pass. Looking at that ladies FB page and seeing that she has about 500 friends I'm willing to bet there is someone in her personal circle of friends and family that can help her out. Sorry if that sounds cold.
    renegado, barato, Tabby40 and 1 others like this.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

hey, you never know what someone's circumstances are. she's free to ask, maybe her message will resonate with someone out there on the shoppers facebook page....
    CrazyQT and Tabby40 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by r0c0upons View Post
    hey, you never know what someone's circumstances are. she's free to ask, maybe her message will resonate with someone out there on the shoppers facebook page....
    You are right. No harm in asking.
    Tabby40 likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Is she saying that she has to choose between paying for her hubby to come home for xmas and presents for their daughter???? "We can't do both but if we had a little help..." I know this time of year can be really difficult for many but this makes me feel a little suspicious. Would 16000 Shoppers Optimum Points really make or break a person's christmas???? If I were her I'd ask each of my 500 facebook friends for $5!! Now that would make my christmas!!! I don't mean to sound harsh but I think that someone who is really struggling would probably not be begging for optimum points.
    anisa, CrazyQT, barato and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

If things are that difficult, she would be able to get on the list for the salvation army gifts & basket, and likely into the adopt a family program. Even local churches would help

~~Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk~~
    lecale, Tabby40 and nash0109 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

It's probably Crispiecreme..or who ever that was from last year..LOL..Someone who posts something like this is totally up to something. I don't trust it one bit.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by peachies View Post
    It's probably Crispiecreme..or who ever that was from last year..LOL..Someone who posts something like this is totally up to something. I don't trust it one bit.
    Exactly
    Tabby40 likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

^ wouldn't that be funny. not 'haha', but sad and twisted.

16,000 points is 20 bucks on a normal day. i am sure she won't be abandoning her husband, wherever he is, over 20 bucks
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    ^ wouldn't that be funny. not 'haha', but sad and twisted.

16,000 points is 20 bucks on a normal day. i am sure she won't be abandoning her husband, wherever he is, over 20 bucks
    I agree..and where exactly is her husband...seems fishy
    Tabby40 and nash0109 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Just think, if just 10 people feel bad enough and offer her 16000 pts that would be a quick cheap way to get 160 000 pts. That would be a sweet redemption. I hope no one falls for it. The more I think about it the more fishy it gets.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

I wouldn't be offering points. IF I was to feel so inclined to help someone I would prefer to purchase a gift for her daughter for under the tree not send points. ( I am not intending to help)
    sulley_baby, Tabby40 and nash0109 like this.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I think the post has been removed...i was reading it and then it disappeared and now i can't find it. SCAMMER!!!!!
    anisa and Tabby40 like this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information