User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Photo of man about to die - NY Post Cover

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

BTW I'm a male, and I just don't agree with your blanket statement about the site's prejudice against males.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I've never lived in a "world of marshmallows and rainbows"either ...possessing 2 X chromosomes doesn't mean I can't be intereasted in the world simply because one or more males feel I shouldn't be straining my brain in the real world.
    i_forget and Autum like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 01:51 PM.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBella View Post
    Have you ever seen the show Undercover Boss? The owner of the subway in TO was on it, and she was with a subway driver one day. The driver said that it was extremely traumatic, since they're RIGHT THERE on the other side of the window. I know she commented on psychological help, but I can't remember if it was because it was paid for them, or if she wanted it to be. I don't think i'd be able to have that job.
    A friend's daughter works for the TTC, and apparently they get pulled from the job for 9 months and recieve counselling when something like that happens. Its all paid for by the company. She is a bus driver, but was hoping to get transfered on to the subway.
    Autum likes this.
    Do you want to buy and sell Bitcoin? Sign up for Ndax to buy and sell bitcoin in Canada. Other altcoins available on the platform too! Quick, simple and secure.!. Have a look around. https://one.ndax.io/bfQb65

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

This thread got me thinking about a show I'm watching about the Pearl Harbor attacks in 1941..

When does a photo/video/audio sample stop being offensive to some and start to be part of the history record?
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

NYP cover: when should photographers drop thier cameras?

The photographer who took the picture has faced particular opprobrium. Why, countless social media users have asked, didn't he help the victim instead of photographing his final moments?
    Once, this ethical conundrum would have been one for journalists and media studies classes alone.
    But in the age of social media, when a cameraphone invariably rests in a nearby pocket as tragedy strikes, it becomes a potential dilemma for everyone.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

poor taste plain and simple.and if that was the headline they should be sued.....such poor taste
    i_forget likes this.

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

i also heard the photog tried to help with his camera.... yeah he would say that now...seriously? he didn't want to hurt himself by actually helping...people are cowards in situations like this.anyone that actually helps is truly selfless,but humans are self preservationists....that is why no one helped..i dont care if he thought he was "helping",that photo should have never been seen.it is like death hags who look for photos of marilyn monroe dead in her bed.is it their business and do they have a right? nope...but it sells magazines and newspapers...sick....

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

and yes there is a diff between being a war photographer and being a jerk trying to get money
    i_forget likes this.

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

the train wasn't approaching that fast

i don't know how that could of killed him on impact

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Suspect arraigned today.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/suspected-s...ry?id=17886112

A New York City man was charged today with murder for shoving another man onto subway tracks where he was struck and killed by an oncoming train.
    Naeem Davis, 30, was arraigned Wednesday night on a second-degree murder charge in he death of Ki-Suck Han, 58, of Queens, N.Y. Davis will be held without bail. He is due back in court on Dec. 11.
    He is charged with murdering Han "with depraved indifference" not because he intended to kill Han, but because his lack of regard for Han's life resulted in the death. Two sources involved in Davis' arrest and charging say there is a question whether he intended to kill Han or whether his death was an unintended consequence of an altercation.

Obtained by ABC
    Naeem Davis is in custody in connection to... View Full Size

Obtained by ABC
    Naeem Davis is in custody in connection to the death of Ki-Suck Han, who was allegedly shoved into the path of a Q train in New York City, Dec. 3, 2012.

Arrest in Deadly Subway Push Watch Video

NYC Man Pushed on Subway Tracks, Killed by Train Watch Video

NYC Subway Fight Caught on Tape Watch Video

Davis admitted to police while explaining the incident that he shoved Han in a way that caused him to fall onto the subway tracks, according to multiple sources involved with the investigation.
    Han struggled to pull himself up from the shoulder-high track bed and back onto the platform at the 49th Street and Seventh Avenue station around 12:30 p.m. on Monday, but was hit and killed by a Q train when it barrelled into the station.
    Davis could be heard arguing with Han before the fatal shove, according to surveillance video from the station. Davis told police that Han was harassing him and would not leave him alone, so he pushed Han.
    Detectives are investigating whether the altercation began at the subway station turnstile and whether Han had jumped that turnstile and bumped Davis.
    Police are also awaiting toxicology results on Han, who was found with an empty pint bottle of vodka on him when he died, according to sources.
    Davis has no currently known mental illness history. He has prior arrests for minor charges, although the search of his arrest record is not complete. Those arrests in New York City appear to be peddler related.
    Han death shocked New York City and the moment was frozen in the city's psyche by a photograph that captured Han with his arms and head above the platform staring at the oncoming train.
    A doctor who was standing nearby attempted to perform CPR on Han, but he was pronounced dead at Roosevelt Hospital shortly after the accident.
    already there is racial tension between blacks and koreans in LA
    now this...........
    Autum likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post
    the train wasn't approaching that fast

i don't know how that could of killed him on impact
    being hit by 85,200lbs (38,600 kg) of metal hurts at any speed....
    GoJays, lecale, xox2010 and 3 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is so sad & tragic.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information