User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Photo of man about to die - NY Post Cover

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

What do you think? All I can say is the poor family also crosses the line of "need to know" in my opinion.

This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    thecountess likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

THis story??

A homeless man has been charged with second-degree murder for pushing a man to his death in front of an oncoming train in New York.
    Naeem Davis, 30, was questioned on Tuesday and police say his answers linked him to the death of Ki-Suck Han.
    Security video showed a man matching Mr Davis' description working with street vendors near Rockefeller Center.

The New York Post newspaper has been criticised for publishing a photo of Mr Han, moments from death, on the cover.
    Definately sentationalism in the name of news..

I just wonder if people who pretend to push others onto the track will now realise how ferking stupid such a "game" is..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's right up there as one of the most disturbing pictures I've ever seen!
    I guess there's nothing they wouldn't do to sell newspapers.
    Patty Smyth and hollyquaiscer like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just read the article. Does anyone believe that the photographer was just trying to get the train driver's attention with the flash of his camera?
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abbasgirl View Post
    I just read the article. Does anyone believe that the photographer was just trying to get the train driver's attention with the flash of his camera?
    No and I just read that he said that there wasn't anyway that he could have helped the man. Why not put the camera down and try?
    Patty Smyth, GeorgiaK and i_forget like this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I don't understand why nobody helped pull him out .

And wtf is wrong with the the NY Post for publishing the photo??
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jjwbuster View Post
    No and I just read that he said that there wasn't anyway that he could have helped the man. Why not put the camera down and try?

The photog claims there were other people closer who could help

Mr Abbasi defended himself in an interview with NBC's Today show, saying he was trying to get the train driver's attention with his camera flash.
    "It took me a second to figure out what was happening," Mr Abbasi said. "I saw the lights in the distance. My mind was to alert the train."
    People closer to the victim did not attempt to help he said. "They could have moved and grabbed him and pulled him up. No one made an effort."
    from the BBC link I posted earlier..
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 01:50 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Disgusting. Makes me want to puke.

They should all be ashamed.
    Patty Smyth likes this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree with i forget.

Security footage is sopposed to protect the public. Not be used as entertainment or amusement. They should not be leaking these kinds of images to the public. Same thing with 911 calls and autopsy photos. How long before they release those airport nudie scan pics to the public?
    Patty Smyth and i_forget like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I agree with i forget.

Security footage is sopposed to protect the public. Not be used as entertainment or amusement. They should not be leaking these kinds of images to the public. Same thing with 911 calls and autopsy photos. How long before they release those airport nudie scan pics to the public?
    It was not a security camera it was a guy standing onthe platform who happened to be there and he is a professional photographer.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post

The photog claims there were other people closer who could help
    To me the point isn't that no one helped. The whole thing was probably very fast and people were probably in shock. To me the issue is with the photographer lying about trying to get the train driver's attention in order to justify taking the picture and allowing it to be published on the front page.
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I take pictures. All the time. I would NEVER take a picture, and show blatant disregard for human life.

This is what makes me sick. The fact that we live in a society where people are more concerned with their 5 minutes of fame then the well being of others.

I am cursed. I see nasty car accidents at least once a month....and call 911 a few times a year. I have seen people limping, bleeding, bruised and broken and I have NEVER once taken a picture.

Life is too beautiful to waste.

The post and the photog are sacks of .
    Patty Smyth and walkonby like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It is not unusual that no one went and helped right away. I am sure everyone wanted to, but danger was still present. It is hard to judge those who did not help until we experienced that. I think most people are wired to help, but at the same time, wired to grasp the situation first.

Poor Subway driver... I am sure he is traumatized.
    Patty Smyth, i_forget and frugal50 like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

To me the point isn't that no one helped. The whole thing was probably very fast and people were probably in shock. To me the issue is with the photographer lying about trying to get the train driver's attention in order to justify taking the picture and allowing it to be published on the front page.
    I'm certainly not trying to defend Mr Abbasi nor any other people, if any, on the platform.

But you are correct about the whether the photog had lied or fudged the truth ...or was just acting as a professional press-person..
    Sometimes..seeing an event makes it real...

I still have nightmares about people jumping from the World Trade Centre buildngs..I saw those events live..should those reporters have stopped?? How could they have helped?? This is the photo-journalists dilemna going back to the Crimean War ..

As for the timing issue..I saw some-one get run over by a car and it took weeks for me to move and yet milliseconds for the event to occur..It's a strange feeling. I KNEW I couldn't stop what was about to happen/was happening/had happened..but those instants while I was waiting for my training to kick in so I could help with ffirst aid and to control the situation..I remeber talking to the dispatcher about the accident in both the past and present tenses..reality is a strange thing at times..
    Patty Smyth and walkonby like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information