User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree266Likes

Thread: GTKY Week 13 - Sc'ers ask the questions Edition!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    OK, a couple of you PM'd we that if A Christmas Story starring Peter Billingsley as Ralphie is the second best Christmas movie then what is the best?

A Christmas Carol starring Alistair Sim. No movie ever did a better job recreating the written word.

OK, that's my opinion so Bonus Question:

In your opinion what is the best Christmas movie ever?
    Muppet Family Christmas
    -Gobblah gobblah terkey werkey...I love when the Swedish Chef sees big bird

Operabob, eversince you wrote Bobopera as an answer, I have been reading your username as Bopera. Oh my.
    operabob, danger_dan and coyote00 like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Operabob, eversince you wrote Bobopera as an answer, I have been reading your username as Bopera. Oh my.
    ROTFLMAO! Been called lot's worse!

danger_dan, coyote00 and Granger like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

What is your favourite song to sing out loud to?
    Special to me- Jessica Harper - (phantom of the paradise)

Which SC member intrigues you?
    Hmm I'd have to say FallenPixels... you're a very interesting person!

Favourite Chinese food?
    Chicken Chow mein, or those yummy green beans from Mandarin

Do you believe in the death penalty? Why or why not??
    I suppose it depends on the crime.

If you could change your username, what would your change it to?

hmmm I like my username so I wouldn't change it.. altho if I could change an email acct i made when i was 14, and unfortunately still use for my facebook acct I totally would.

What is your real name?

Chrissy

What do you think your 15 minutes of Fame will be or has been.

Maybe i'll be featured on a news show for my amazing coupon blog - HA! seems they arent interested in regular couponers.. only the hoarding crazy extreme ones.

What question do you wish people would stop asking you?
    Where do you find coupons? GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Describe your first kiss. (PG please).
    lmao, when I was 8, a boy chased me around on his bike until he tackled me to the ground and planted a big one on my lips.
    GROSS

What is your biggest flaw.
    Im impatient.. I HATE waiting.. and people who take forever to respond to messages/texts drives me up the wall!

What are your plans for the holidays?
    Seeing family, eating lots of great food and getting presents

What Christmas song do you absolutely hate?
    little drummer boy.. PARRUMMPAPUMMPUMMMM

What makes you laugh out loud?
    cat Memes... LOL or funny simpsons clips.
    like this one

What was the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you and what was your reaction?
    hmmmm... ive had many embarassing moments but nothing crazy bad.

What questions do you often ask yourself?
    Why was I so naive in thinking that getting a higher education would actually secure me a ''career'' HAHAHAHHA

If you saw someone "losing it" with a child, a senior, a pet, would you scold them, ignore it, or offer your help?
    Depends on the situation I suppose

What is your favourite 'simple pleasure' (e.g., watching snow fall, the sound of rain on the roof, seeing squirrels playing in your yard, etc.)?
    Listening to my favourite movie soundtracks, dancing and singing to them :D

What sensible request would you ask of someone, as you lay on your death bed?
    Make sure someone gives my cats a kiss goodbye for me

Do you like to travel and where have you been?
    Yes! I love to travel
    I've been to Niagara Falls, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Punta Cana, Ohio, and I'm going to New York In Feb

Favourite place to vacation?

anyplace outside of Canada

If you were a food, what would you be?

hmmm chocolate brownies

What's the craziest present you've heard/seen kids [ages 4-10] asking from santa and what you think about it.

any kind of expensive technology like an iphone.. crazy kids.

What Your hidden talent is?
    I'm amazing at basket wrapping lol

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

What is your favourite song to sing out loud to?MAHHHHHZAWAYUHHHHH....ABBABIDZIBAAABAAAA....the circle of life from the lion king..
    Which SC member intrigues you a couple do,hard to pinpoint
    Favourite Chinese food?lo mein or deep fried wonton
    Do you believe in the death penalty? Why or why not?? yes,because murderers don't offer their victims mercy and how else will they pay getting rights and freedoms they never granted?
    If you could change your username, what would your change it to?i wouldn't
    What is your real name?Bonnie
    What do you think your 15 minutes of Fame will be or has been.not sure
    What question do you wish people would stop asking you? are you always this odd?
    Describe your first kiss. (PG please).very awkward,in a closet,at a party i wasn't allowed to be at
    What is your biggest flaw.my smile is crooked
    What are your plans for the holidays?chillax
    What Christmas song do you absolutely hate?feliz navidad by boney m
    What makes you laugh out loud?cats with lazer beams
    What was the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you and what was your reaction?fell off stage in a play in front of around 4000 people
    What questions do you often ask yourself?why are you so sensitive? why don;t you just say what's on your mind
    If you saw someone "losing it" with a child, a senior, a pet, would you scold them, ignore it, or offer your help?try to talk to them but report them if they are combative or if i really feel like the person is in danger
    What is your favourite 'simple pleasure' (e.g., watching snow fall, the sound of rain on the roof, seeing squirrels playing in your yard, etc.)?walking in the rain and getting soaking wet
    What sensible request would you ask of someone, as you lay on your death bed?tell me the best thing about me,and how i changed your life
    Do you like to travel and where have you been?i like to travel but have only been in western canada
    Favourite place to vacation?anywhere mountainous with water or somewhere with history like germany/england or ireland
    If you were a food, what would you be?a pomegranate
    What's the craziest present you've heard/seen kids [ages 4-10] asking from santa and what you think about it.an iphone....
    What their hidden talent is my hidden talent is writing short stories.no one knows i like to write and i have a whole binder full,which i really should publish

~just your average nerd~

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Adele's Make You Feel My Love

Which SC member intrigues you

I think it'd be sort of creepy to name someone. And I've never thought about it.

Favourite Chinese food?

Dim sum, because I can't pick just one.

Historically speaking, I don't believe people can be trusted to make that decision.

I don't think I would. At least, I'm not feeling creative at the moment.

What is your real name?

It can't be written in English.

It'll be winning the Nobel Peace Prize. I just have to figure out how.....

It's a toss up between: how old are you, how much do you weigh, and when are you going to have children?

Horrible, just horrible. I must have totally blocked it out because I barely remember it.

Biggest flaw is really hard. Indecisiveness?

Spend time with family, friends, and overindulging in all of my favourite foods.

Ones re-written from the original lyrics.

Cats doing funny things while looking so serious. Chipmunks thinking they have more room in their mouths for just one more nut...

What was the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you and what was your reaction?

Again, it's hard to pick the most embarrassing. There are just so many....

Where did I put my keys? What am I doing? and Why am I doing this?

If you saw someone "losing it" with a child, a senior, a pet, would you scold them, ignore it, or offer your help?

Generally no, but it would depend on the severity.

What is your favourite 'simple pleasure' (e.g., watching snow fall, the sound of rain on the roof, seeing squirrels playing in your yard, etc.)?

Reading a good book, the kind that can make you shut the doors to the outside world.

Please serve me a piece of the triple chocolate layer cake first.

Yes, though not too far. Loved standing on the podium at the Vancouver Olympics while they were setting up, standing at the top of Whistler, in Banff National Park, on the shores of Lake Louise, with the statue of the Little Mermaid in Copenhagen, being called "Princess" by Cinderella at DisneyWorld, nose pressed up against the original Tiffany & Co. window in New York....

Anywhere out of the house!

Ice cream! I could be a different flavour every day! And according to the Muppets, it's the second greatest thing in the world.

What's the craziest present you've heard/seen kids [ages 4-10] asking from santa and what you think about it.

A Ferrari - and that's okay. I want crazy things too.

What their hidden talent is

I can be completely naive as to the intentions of others. Just today, I think I just figured out a mean prank that was pulled on me 15 years ago.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oh, I am late the game this week...
    ----

in my head I think I sing like Mariah, so I try to belt out any of the big ballads... poor cats ears
    loads of the "regular" gang.
    Favourite Chinese food?
    fortune cookie
    there is the whole "eye for an eye" thing, but I kind of believe that anyone doing something worth the death penalty should suffer a long, long life. the death penalty is the easy way out for that person...
    I am good with it.
    What is your real name?
    take a wild guess
    astounding scientific energy discovery (fingers crossed)
    when are you going to get married (I guess people dislike long engagements), when I am going to finish my degree, and I am going to do with my PhD.
    very public - it was spin the bottle. but real kiss, it was kinda slobbery... I felt like I had a face bath from a dog..
    my obscenely good looks, or my sarcasm...
    take a few days to relax, but otherwise work my butt off - I will be working two full-time jobs until February, so lots of prep. our families are local so no big road trip. Christmas day at my parents, Christmas Eve at his brothers.
    anything by Boney M... Or Barbra Streisand's version of Jingle Bells.
    so many things. I laugh a lot!
    as an 8 year old I tucked my skirt into my leotards in the movie theatre washroom (Dad was waiting outside). some random mother came and untucked it for me (lovely lady) but I was mortified! probably not the most embarrassing, but it's PG and not gross, LOL.
    what did I get myself into - why did I do my PhD?
    that is tricky...
    rain falling through tree leaves with open windows.
    ask my fiancé to eventually be able to move past my death.
    yep. I have been to loads of places in Canada (every province but Saskatchewan), the US (Washington State, lots of places in California, Florida, Vegas, New York, Maine, Massachusetts), Mexico, Bahamas, Jamaica, England, Netherlands, Austria, Belgium.
    cottagey/beach home type places.
    baklava. a bit nutty, lots of layers, sometimes flaky, but most definitely sweet.
    all the big gadgets - iPhones, iPads, etc.
    What their hidden talent is
    nada.
    Last edited by alicia; Sun, Dec 9th, 2012 at 10:36 AM. Reason: typo

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

new york new york

Favourite Chinese food?
    almond soo guy

wouldn't change it

where am i from
    sloppy, awkward

no plans
    grandma killed a reindeer
    some movies

ignore it

no funeral and make sure my body is cremated.

i use to like travelling to exotic places in my younger years, not so anymore

the US and the maritimes
    Last edited by frugal50; Sun, Dec 9th, 2012 at 08:38 PM.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Summer of 69

everyone (can't ever have enough friends over for (doggy) cookies

Favourite Chinese food?
    spicy beef (or a variation of it, can't remember proper name of dish)

yes, depending on the crime (my preference is to send drug dealers and sex offenders to Baffin Island to play with the polar bears - those cuddly beasties need a snack )

what's wrong with And-It??? I suppose AndiT would make life easier for folks, tho

What is your real name?
    Andi T

my 15 minutes of fame (courtesy of extra work) is pretty much all on the cutting room floor

what does and-it mean???

I took a co-worker/friend to a drive-in movie, little knowing he was interested in me - he held my hand through the first movie, then kissed me at intermission, then we fell asleep through the second feature and didn't get home until 6am (suffice to say we were together for 2 yrs, ready to get married until things fell to the wayside)

too many to list - lousy cooking skills for a start

same as every year - Xmas Eve with the brats and my folks, quick visit to check on a friend (& my god-kitty) Xmas Day, New Years Eve with the brats and my folks, New Years Day dinner with my friend's family

the 12 Days of Xmas, unless you start from the last round

Quincy cat trying to beat up Lily dog

yikes, too many to list

once when I was 21 and going out clubbing, I slipped on the icy steps going into the club, revealing what lay under my short skirt (luckily the only thing wounded was my dignity - couldn't skulk away cause my friends were inside and the music was calling my name)

how could I have done such a foolish thing

I'd watch from a distance and gauge the situation (sometimes there is a reason the parent chooses that method to get through to a child, believe it or not)

hanging out with Lily dog on the rooftop patio, watching the sailboats in Toronto Harbour in the summertime

I fully expect everyone to have a party - I expect my friends to put FUN into my funeral

LOVE to travel - I've been to Budapest, Cairo, Cancun, the Yucatan (Chichen Itza, Tulum), Vegas (!!!), LA, San Diego, San Francisco, Orlando (Mickey's home, hurray!!!), Stone Mountain (on my list of places to go back to & take a friend of mine who'd love to see it), New York (only person in the world who didn't like the Big Apple), Montreal, Quebec City, Halifax and most recently San Juan Puerto Rico, Phillipsberg Sint Maarten, and Marigot St Martin

used to be Cancun, now I have to be careful of the sun, but still want very much to go back

ice cream, since I seem to be a source of comfort to my friends

when I was 4, I asked for a pony - still waiting for Santa to bring me a new pet

What their hidden talent is?
    my (not so) hidden talent is writing lyrics and teaching tricks to dogs and cats (or maybe they're teaching me to feed them treats?)
    Last edited by Andit; Sun, Dec 9th, 2012 at 11:56 PM.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

What is your favourite song to sing out loud to? Lately? TITANIUM by David Guetta & Sia. Top of my lungs lol

Which SC member intrigues you? Lynn49 she seems like the nicest lady in the world! J

Favourite Chinese food? Beef & broccoli with chicken fried rice

Do you believe in the death penalty? Why or why not?? No – I don’t think it should be our choice to take a life. We are too flawed and opinionated.

If you could change your username, what would your change it to? mrsbubsmith

What is your real name? BUB! - no srsly… it’s Angie lol

What question do you wish people would stop asking you? “are you still friends with your ex?” :S

What is your biggest flaw. I stress and get nervous about stupid things. I’m a worry wart… BUT I work on it and force myself out of my comfort zone

What Christmas song do you absolutely hate? ALL OF THEM

What makes you laugh out loud? My husband’s cackle.

What was the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you and what was your reaction? I was at an outdoor wedding and a gust of wind came and my skirt flew completely over my head … let’s just say I wasn’t wearing huge granny panties o.O … I heard the collective gasp from the other guests. I laughed, what else could I do??

What questions do you often ask yourself? Should I have another child with my new DH

If you saw someone "losing it" with a child, a senior, a pet, would you scold them, ignore it, or offer your help? It would really depend on the situation and whether anyone was in danger. You unfortunately cannot change people who are just “rude”

What is your favorite 'simple pleasure' (e.g., watching snow fall, the sound of rain on the roof, seeing squirrels playing in your yard, etc.)? Chapmans lactose free ice cream with a waffle cone every night before bed!

Do you like to travel and where have you been? Not really no. I went on my first vacation in like 15 years and came back ill and almost 1 yr later am not 100% recovered. My next trip will be disney… I think it’s safe there lol
    If you were a food, what would you be? Raspberry. Love it or hate it it adds a certain pizazz to life

What their hidden talent is: lyric memorizer extraordinaire!
    Last edited by itsjustmebub; Tue, Dec 11th, 2012 at 01:30 PM.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Lynn49

We were in the dark, I went in to kiss her, and ended up poking myself in the eye with her nose. LoL
    great minds think alike ... and

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    Haven't we already done this one? My answer is the same... not suitable for SC
    i like where your heads at ...

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    What was the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you and what was your reaction? I was loaded and forced to go up on stage to sing. No idea what to sing, I started belting out Like a Virgin in a hard rock/metal bar. I got off the stage and had a few more drinks lol
    HA! I love that

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

all of them
    HA! Patty that is awesome I can just picture it! and to the christmas "music"

Quote Originally Posted by coyote00 View Post
    Easy one....2nd grade asked to go to the washroom and nasty teacher said no. I tried to make t back to my chair and couldn't and sat quickly in my lil frend Stewy's chair and peed. Poor Stewy and poor me. Not sure why Stewy wasn't in his chair but, he stiill reamained my friend,
    now there's a true friend! haha oh my

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    What is your biggest flaw. I procrastinate. Then finally get down to doing that which I was procrastinating about, and wonder what the big deal was, since it took so little time and effort!
    errrr i have the same problem and usually the same reaction *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    Im impatient.. I HATE waiting.. and people who take forever to respond to messages/texts drives me up the wall!

What Your hidden talent is?
    I'm amazing at basket wrapping lol
    me too x2!

Quote Originally Posted by TudorChick View Post
    What is your favourite song to sing out loud to?MAHHHHHZAWAYUHHHHH....ABBABIDZIBAAABAAAA....the circle of life from the lion king..

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustmebub View Post
    I was at an outdoor wedding and a gust of wind came and my skirt flew completely over my head … let’s just say I wasn’t wearing huge granny panties o.O
    Anyone Yahoo?

Yahoo!!!
    i_forget likes this.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Anyone Yahoo?
    Yahoo!!!
    noooo no one yahooed lol. but my exes friend who was directly behind me did get quite the show ... :S

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

There is hate for Christmas music????? The horror!!! LOL

I'm just a sap for all things Christmas lol
    danger_dan and i_forget like this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

YES THERE IS!!! lol

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustmebub View Post
    YES THERE IS!!! lol
    Like... all of it? lol
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information