User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree266Likes

Thread: GTKY Week 13 - Sc'ers ask the questions Edition!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Sorry I am late! These last few weeks before our company goes on shut down for the holidays are busy and I forgot to post the questions! lol

These questions are from Sc'ers! Thank You to everyone who contributed a question.
    You can answer them all or choose your favourites! Have Fun!

What is your favourite song to sing out loud to?
    Which SC member intrigues you
    Favourite Chinese food?
    Do you believe in the death penalty? Why or why not??
    If you could change your username, what would your change it to?
    What is your real name?
    What do you think your 15 minutes of Fame will be or has been.
    What question do you wish people would stop asking you?
    Describe your first kiss. (PG please).
    What is your biggest flaw.
    What are your plans for the holidays?
    What Christmas song do you absolutely hate?
    What makes you laugh out loud?
    What was the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you and what was your reaction?
    What questions do you often ask yourself?
    If you saw someone "losing it" with a child, a senior, a pet, would you scold them, ignore it, or offer your help?
    What is your favourite 'simple pleasure' (e.g., watching snow fall, the sound of rain on the roof, seeing squirrels playing in your yard, etc.)?
    What sensible request would you ask of someone, as you lay on your death bed?
    Do you like to travel and where have you been?
    Favourite place to vacation?
    If you were a food, what would you be?
    What's the craziest present you've heard/seen kids [ages 4-10] asking from santa and what you think about it.
    What their hidden talent is
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

At the moment..."Marry You" Bruno Mars...

Lynn49

Favourite Chinese food?
    Pork Chow Mein

It's situational

I like it as it is , but if I had to, I'd shorten it to just "Danger"

What is your real name?
    Dan

Being interviewed for my thoughts on the "new-look" Leafs a few years back...

"Why?"

We were in the dark, I went in to kiss her, and ended up poking myself in the eye with her nose. LoL

I'm a perfectionist...is that a flaw?

Spending time with Family

Any song were people add in their own lyrics that ruin the original

My lady...she really should do stand up

What was the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you and what was your reaction?
    Passed gas in the middle of my own presentation in front of the class (elementary school...grade 3 or 4 I think)...everyone laughed...I went beet red...

"Why would you do that?" and "You're an idiot, do you know that?"

If you saw someone "losing it" with a child, a senior, a pet, would you scold them, ignore it, or offer your help?
    Somewhere between scold and offer help...there's a middle ground there somewhere

What is your favourite 'simple pleasure' (e.g., watching snow fall, the sound of rain on the roof, seeing squirrels playing in your yard, etc.)?
    Watching the clouds blow by

Make amends with one person in your life who has wronged you or whom you have wronged.

Love to travel, to many places to name, but most recently to Montreal with my Lady

The Cottage

Pie, everyone loves Pie

What's the craziest present you've heard/seen kids [ages 4-10] asking from santa and what you think about it.
    Dinosaur...it could happen...

What their hidden talent is?
    <---- Yes, see my status
    Last edited by danger_dan; Thu, Dec 6th, 2012 at 10:23 AM.
    DANGER

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Black-Pearl Jam (have you noticed that I love this song?)- I love when it comes on the radio in the car cause I can belt it out like nobody's business!
    hmm... will have to think about this one
    Favourite Chinese food?
    Almond chicken soo guy
    I think it depends on the crime. I also think there are fates worse than death... let the pedofiles and child molesters out into the general prison population and let the other prisoners have at them!
    Something a lot shorter than what it is... probably TamChrisHay (first 3 letters of my name and my two sons names)
    What is your real name?
    Tami
    Are you an artisit? (In regards to my user name)
    I wear my emotions on my sleeve... I can't hide anything! I cry at the drop of a hat... it sucks lol
    Spend time with friends and family and eat lots of food!
    Usually things that are inappropriate and immature!
    Watching my children play when they don't know I'm looking, soaking in a bubble bath, drinking a hot cup of tea, opening a brand new book, laughing until I cry over an inside joke
    Haven't we already done this one? My answer is the same... not suitable for SC
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Christmas Carols lol

To many

Favourite Chinese food?
    Chicken Balls ( I also know that Fallen Pixels and Anne Doughtery love there chicken balls too! haha)

Yes for certain crimes - anything to do with hurting a child or an animal....sick sick sick people!

Keep it the same

What is your real name?
    Ve....Im not telling haha

When are you getting married, when are you having kids

I worry way to much, I have very little patience and I can be a b!tch sometimes lol

Going up north, family, food and relaxation

Love em all!

My dog

Why did you say that! lol

Sitting on my balcony 18 floors up and watching the world go by while having a glass of wine

To apply my lip gloss and blush lol Gotta look good for the man up above! lol

Love to travel! Have been to Serbia, Bulgaria, Montenegro, Cuba, Washington DC, Fredrick Maryland, Buffalo NY - planning a trip to Cuba and NYC in 2013

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

any Christmas song lol

Natalka

Favourite Chinese food?
    Chicken balls with sauce

For a long time I thought the death penalty was appropriate. Now, I think that by us killing another human being, we really are no better than that person, no matter what travesties that person has committed.

december6

What is your real name?
    Alicia

When are you finished college... what are you going to do after

Spend time with my family.

None, I like all of them
    I would offer to help.

the sound of rain, and the sound of geese flying overhead

Yes, I have been to the Netherlands, Germany, France, England, Belgium, B.C., Washington, NYC to name a few.

somewhere sunny and warm

a tablet or cell phone - I don't think kids that young should be using cell phones imo
    Last edited by xox2010; Thu, Dec 6th, 2012 at 10:34 AM. Reason: made it prettier

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I have lot's of different songs that I like to sing to. Call Me Maybe is a recent favourite one.

Favourite Chinese food?
    I don't really like Americanized Chinese food. I prefer Vietnamese, Japanese, and Thai food.

No, for several reasons. I think that it's murder and that is often why we're killing the person, because they murdered someone else. I can't understand why it's okay for the law to murder, but not the suspected murder to kill. There are also innocent people on death row, so this means we are killing innocent people. The last reason is very religious, but I think that we shouldn't judge lest we be judged.

I don't think I would change it.

When I graduated from teacher's college. This was my childhood dream come true. My in-laws and my family were all there to see it. They all clapped when I crossed the stage, and were very supportive. Perhaps this wasn't in a newspaper or on tv, but it was pretty special to me.

How do you spell Rebecca OR Can I call you Becky?

Drive to parents and in-laws for the day.

I'm not a fan of Frosty.

Something that is funny.

I was teaching a math unit called nets to a grade five class. It's a geometry lesson about the two dimensional shapes that make up a three dimensional figure (e.g. a cube is made up of 6 squares). I decided to use the cylinder as the example that we would work on as a class. Well, a cylinder is made up of two circles and a rectangle. I drew the rectangle on the chalkboard with the a circle on each side (it ended up looking like the male anatomy). A few of the boys in the class started to giggle before I caught on. I was amused and started to laugh too.

It depends upon whether or not I know the person. If it was a family member or friend then I'd offer to help. If it was a stranger I'd probably stay out of it.

Going to see fireworks.

I love to travel. I've been to Puerto Rice, Guadeloupe, St. Croix, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Puerto Vallarta, Greece, Miami, Orlando, Del Ray Beach, San Francisco, San Diego, Boston, Niagara Falls, Toronto, Sudbury.

My current favourite place to vacation is Boston because it's where my husband lives.

I don't know if it really counts as crazy, but the best, most sincere, most hopeful and most desperate plea for a present I've heard a child ask for is a family. I always try to donate a few presents to the children's aid society at this time of year. Those children in foster care want a family so badly, especially at this time of year. They just want a mom and dad that love them.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What is your favourite song to sing out loud to? I sing them ALL out loud

Which SC member intrigues you- There are a lot of amazing people, I cannot pick just one.

Favourite Chinese food? Egg Rolls

Do you believe in the death penalty? Why or why not?? No, because it makes us no better.

If you could change your username, what would your change it to? I_need_a_nap

What is your real name? kristina

What do you think your 15 minutes of Fame will be or has been. Being the mother of an Olympic Gymnast (Oh I hope )

What question do you wish people would stop asking you? Can I see your ID?

Describe your first kiss. (PG please). A mistake

What is your biggest flaw. I am very critical of my looks

What are your plans for the holidays? Spending a quiet day with my kids.

What Christmas song do you absolutely hate? Anything destroyed by boy bands.

What makes you laugh out loud? Everything....I love to laugh.

What was the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you and what was your reaction? I was loaded and forced to go up on stage to sing. No idea what to sing, I started belting out Like a Virgin in a hard rock/metal bar. I got off the stage and had a few more drinks lol

What questions do you often ask yourself? What in the hell were you thinking when you did/said that????

If you saw someone "losing it" with a child, a senior, a pet, would you scold them, ignore it, or offer your help? Depends on the level of "losing it" and the situation, if I could help I would, if I needed to jump in and scold them, I would do that too. I do not think I would be able to ignore it though.

What is your favourite 'simple pleasure' (e.g., watching snow fall, the sound of rain on the roof, seeing squirrels playing in your yard, etc.)? Watching butterflies flying through the air.

What sensible request would you ask of someone, as you lay on your death bed? Make sure my kids are taken care of and that they know I love them forever.

Do you like to travel and where have you been? Love it! Several places in North America and Europe.

Favourite place to vacation? I would be happy just camping. I want to go to Hawaii.

If you were a food, what would you be? Chocolate

What's the craziest present you've heard/seen kids [ages 4-10] asking from santa and what you think about it. A cell phone. I think that those ages are too young for cell phones of their own.

What their hidden talent is. Sarcasm
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

AC/DC Highway to Hell, oh! and "Votre Toast" (aka the Toreador song from Carmen. They don't call me Operabob for nothing!)

All the positive ones which is pretty well everyone here (oh! and everyone who hits the "like" button).

Favourite Chinese food?

Luv Chinese food but the best was Szechuan I had in China.

No, It's just revenge. I'm a liberal heart here. Just drop 'em off at the North Pole. If they can walk out they're rehabilitated.

BobOpera

What is your real name?

My wife says I only have virtual friends so all you get is the virtual name.

Been featured in the Globe & Mail 6 times (2 full page) and the National Post twice (1 full page) but keep quiet about it around friends. Oh, and was interviewed by the CBC for the "Safeway's Sweet Airmiles Deals" thread.

My pet dog licked my face when I was 5.

Every thing

;-)

Oh Holly Night by Aaron Neville. I might be in favour of Capital Punishment over this. I exit every store and elevator playing it.

Everyone's answers to these questions

;-)

Why am I answering these questions?

Depends

Breathing

http://www.asylum.com/2010/07/12/fun...-hegel-hilton/

Yes but I like coming home more.

Where ever it's warm in the winter.

Brussel Sprouts

Ralphie's Red Ryder BB Gun:

From the second best Christmas Movie ever!

What their hidden talent is.

Irritating with kindness.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thanks Angel for inspiring me! ;-)
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thanks Dan for the inspiration!
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

Which SC member intrigues you lots do....
    Favourite Chinese food? chicken soo guy, egg foo yong
    Do you believe in the death penalty? Why or why not?? i'm not sure... they sometimes put innocent people in jail....
    If you could change your username, what would your change it to? graceANDclairesmommy
    What is your real name?bridey
    What question do you wish people would stop asking you? how do you pronounce your name
    Describe your first kiss. (PG please). gosh, i don't remember my first kiss
    What is your biggest flaw. i lack self confidence for sure
    What are your plans for the holidays? we'll have christmas at our house for the first time ever, then travel to in-laws christmas morning (3 hrs away)
    What Christmas song do you absolutely hate? it's a marshmellow world (just started hearing it this year, boooo!)
    What makes you laugh out loud? my kids, arrested development, flight of the conchords...
    What is your favourite 'simple pleasure' (e.g., watching snow fall, the sound of rain on the roof, seeing squirrels playing in your yard, etc.)? in the summer sitting on my back deck drinking a cup of coffee watching the kids play in the yard
    Do you like to travel and where have you been? i love to travel.. been across canada, mexico. we're thinking about taking the kids on a disney cruise in the near future

When life hands you lemons, make a lemon pie... lemonade will be all like WTH?!?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What is your favourite song to sing out loud to? Machinehead - Halo
    Which SC member intrigues you? I'm still kinda new here, so I'm not sure yet
    Favourite Chinese food? My dad is from Shanghai and I love my grandmother's BBQ pork with noodles and veggies. (not sure how to say in English)
    Do you believe in the death penalty? Why or why not?? In some instances, yes
    If you could change your username, what would your change it to? Spidey4688
    What is your real name? L.A. (you can figure it out!)
    What do you think your 15 minutes of Fame will be or has been. Not sure
    What question do you wish people would stop asking you? "How tall are you?"
    Describe your first kiss. (PG please). Awkward.
    What is your biggest flaw? I have no concept of time, so I am often late or in a rush
    What are your plans for the holidays? Spend time with family, lots of working as well.
    What Christmas song do you absolutely hate? Most of them.
    What makes you laugh out loud? My brother, my husband and my kids
    What was the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you and what was your reaction? Can't think of anything.
    What questions do you often ask yourself? I don't know
    If you saw someone "losing it" with a child, a senior, a pet, would you scold them, ignore it, or offer your help? I would probably flip out on them
    What is your favourite 'simple pleasure' (e.g., watching snow fall, the sound of rain on the roof, seeing squirrels playing in your yard, etc.)? I like watching the birds in my yard. We have the same Cardinals, Blue Jays, Robins and Hummingbirds eat from our feeders. They're all so pretty.
    What sensible request would you ask of someone, as you lay on your death bed? please take care of my family.
    Do you like to travel and where have you been? USA, Cuba, Jamaica, Bahamas - want to travel more for sure.
    Favourite place to vacation? Myrtle Beach
    If you were a food, what would you be? Watermelon
    What's the craziest present you've heard/seen kids [ages 4-10] asking from santa and what you think about it. I heard a kid ask for a gun before. RIDICULOUS!
    What their hidden talent is - not sure

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Journey - Don't Stop Believing or Remind Me - Brad Paisley & Carrie Underwood
    Natalka. She's interesting

Favourite Chinese food?
    Spicy beef or beef & broccoli

No. How many times have people been wrongly charged. Plus, 2 wrongs don't make a right, death penalty is the easy way out. Let them be haunted by their past in jail.

I wouldn't change it! Although, I noticed a lot of people (on other sites) are using variations of my username. Mine first.

What is your real name?
    Brandy, short for BrandyAnn (I bet you can't say that without a hilbilly accent. *hangs head in shame*)

I was 2nd in 'Cutest Baby in Edmonton' Christmas '94. The baby who won #1 and I have the same last name, but not related. I was cuter. BUT my picture was in the newspaper.
    "Why are you so pale". (not to offend anyone..) it's like asking someone why their skin is so dark, if they're african american. You just don't ask that! It's insulting. (Plus, I have b12 anemia, which causes me to be extra pale, and not be able to tan. So i'm 'stuck', which frustrates me) STRANGERS have asked me this.

My cousins cornered me at school so my 'boy friend' could kiss me. I was so dang shy! Wanted to die right there.

I'm too trusting, and too open (I overshare a lot, and sometimes it bites me in the butt)
    Haha, Who knows! Probably visiting my uncles for Christmas. Our whole family goes out there.
    When Mariah Carrie butchers any Christmas song.

Reading DYAC's

I sprained my ankle walking into my house, after going to the ER and coming home, I fell in that exact spot, and sprained my other ankle.
    "Why do I bother"

I'd call 911 and stand back, unless it was getting physical.

A good cup of coffee on a cold day.

Take care of Sparky.
    I've been all over the US, and no.

To the bath tub? Some calgon, and i'm in another world entirely!

Does a drink count? I'd probably be coffee.

Laptops, Ipods, Cellphones, expensive makeup. What I think? Buy the kid some barbies.

I do not have one
    Last edited by Brandy Hunter; Thu, Dec 6th, 2012 at 04:26 PM.
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by spidey46x2 View Post
    What is your real name? L.A. (you can figure it out!)
    Louisiana?
    Los Angeles?
    Angel?
    Lori-Ann?
    operabob and danger_dan like this.
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Raise Your Glass

Boo Radley...like many others I question his existence.

Favourite Chinese food?
    Fried Rice

No. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Granger...I PMed Boo, but never heard back...twice. I question his existence. I think he might be so busy of a person he lives on a different plane of reality.

What is your real name?
    Kara

When I dressed up as Marky Marky in high school and lip synced to Good Vibrations and breakdanced (This always sounds funny to me past tense, I feel like it should be brokedanced, lol). I was popular with the girls for about 15 minutes. They thought the guy on stage was so HOT, until they found out I was a girl.

What is your hidden talent? It is no longer hidden now that it has been exposed thrice.

Describe your first kiss. (PG please)
    Kissing bridge ski lift. Yep. Lame-o. Totally ruined by the guy trying to be fancy. He was clueless.

I hold too high expectations for myself.

Live. Love. Laugh with the family.

Sleigh ride, especially the ding dong ding version.

My 2yo's temper tantrums.

I had an "accident" (#2) in grade 2 because I could not undo my Halloween costume to go to the bathroom and there was no one to help. I cried. My teacher offered me a pair of her daughter's underwear (clean) to wear. I went commando. I refuse to wear someone else's gotchies.

I need to ask myself why is this important to you more often, because I often worry about things that are not important. It would help me prioritize.

Each situation is different so would elicit a different response. Providing the person was not being abusive I would MMOB. The best of us lose it at times. If I was concerned for someone's safety I would ask how I could help.

My girls giggling.

Depends on the person.

Yes. The most exciting place was Austria.

Where is not as important as with whom.

M&M

For mom and dad to get back together, it breaks my heart.

This time, I am not telling.

Thanks for putting the questions together Vee. I enjoyed reading everyone's responses above mine.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information