User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: polar vortex/artic freeze=NO TARGET

Trading Score
    88 (99%)

Im super jealous of all you SC'ers who are getting in on the wicked awesome 90% Target Xmas clearance deals!! My "local" Target is a 45 minute highway drive each way, so not so local. Its bruuutal cold out so there is NO way Im travelling all that way. I just wanted to wahhh wahhhh wahhhh about my missing these deals!! :-( Congrats on getting all the great savings, ladies and gents!
    This thread is currently associated with: Target

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I AM IN THE SAME BOAT. I am soooo jealous of everyone's haul! But I am not taking the subway plus a bus for 1 hour to get to Target in this weather.

My parents actually live close to Target and I told mom about the 90% and she was like "it's prob only SELECTED merchandise!! I'm not going out in -30 for 'selected.'"

Hahahahha. I'm living vicariously through the brags
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I should also add, I am not asking DH to drive me because I don't want him using it against me later next time I say "I don't wanna go out, it's too cold!"
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

same here.. it's a good 30 minute bus ride not to mention waiting for the bus to get there.. so i think i'll wait til it 'warms up' a bit to go.
    im sure if I was meant to get anything it'll be there.
    torontogal12 and HeatherWake like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

I'm only a 15-20 minute drive but not going till Thursday when it will be warmer. Not sure I really NEED anything other than cheap wrapping paper for next year.
    carlyincanada and HeatherWake like this.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

My Target is less than a 5 min drive away, and I still can't manage to get there. It's way too cold to take the baby out(and she's sick), and I'm too tired by the time dh gets home and the kids are in bed to go out. I don't even want in on the Christmas deals at this point I just want out of frigging house with no kids.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Same here really want to go but that means asking hubby to drive me there after he gets off work which he would do if I really want to go. But it also means dragging my 2 year old out in the cold too, which I don't really want to do.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Glad to read that everyone is enjoying being warm indoors-there's a limit to clearance sales and the cold weather really clarifies how much anyone is willing to endure.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I'm indoors, but not warm. I have a space heater on top of my desk at work, but my fingers are still blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Glad to read that everyone is enjoying being warm indoors-there's a limit to clearance sales and the cold weather really clarifies how much anyone is willing to endure.
    carlyincanada and Ciel like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-yep I am not going out in that for any clearance -have a doctors apt on thursday might stop I there on the way back
    Natalka and carlyincanada like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Too bad you are so far away, though...
    Mind you, we're fairly close to one, but I've never even been there!

Frigid here as always - but we need milk and bread - let alone other shopping. I'll see if we can wait another day...

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Back in university, we used to stand outside of bars for 2 hours in dress shoes in -30 waiting to get in. I was always the designated driver, so I would have been wildly unpopular for leaving when I saw a line!

Isn't it amazing that nothing really stops in January when we hit this really cold weather?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Dress shoes for 2hours in -30C weather? I admire your past perseverance to social life. Bet you that your body has far different ideas of how to pass time in the cold weather i.e. stay indoors.

While shovelling snow/ice this morning, I wished I had purchased a pair of insulated work gloves for myself as I had for a friend last year. Fleece flip-top glove/mitts were not cutting it...
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Heather, if you can make it to Orillia, I was there yesterday and there is still TONS of stuff at 90% off (I will try to post a picture with my haul in the brag section later today or tomorrow)
    carlyincanada and HeatherWake like this.

Trading Score
    88 (99%)

ThanksTerra! I wont be able to get there til friday!
    carlyincanada likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information